Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Question for the Devs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Default Question for the Devs

Ok so ive seen alot of posts about botting lately
    My question is; why doesnt sts implement a "Anti botting/macro thing"?

What i mean is there are games out there that wont even let you log in if a 3rd party/botting app is detected on your device which has solved botting problems in those games.
    Do you guys just not know how or what? Not trying to be rude im just really curious.

ive seen people who have showed proof of botting and yet the botters are still walking freely in AL..do yall really want botters gone? It seems like thats not one of your priorities when it should be your number 1 priority.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YeaSheGamez For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YeaSheGamez View Post
    Ok so ive seen alot of posts about botting lately
    My question is; why doesnt sts implement a "Anti botting/macro thing"?

What i mean is there are games out there that wont even let you log in if a 3rd party/botting app is detected on your device which has solved botting problems in those games.
    Do you guys just not know how or what? Not trying to be rude im just really curious.

ive seen people who have showed proof of botting and yet the botters are still walking freely in AL..do yall really want botters gone? It seems like thats not one of your priorities when it should be your number 1 priority.

Ive seen ppl bot and broke sts by selling gold and acc, took ss of their ign and sent to sts and i still see those players playing even still so i stopped trying to do the right thing and help clear the game up. Botting is done by a few top players lol send screenshots of those and still their the "top" player. Nothing is done about major cheaters but if u call someone a dog and get reported for it u get banned for 3-7days lol...

Sent from my SM-M105M using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I didnt see yet that other games have the anti-botter system u r talking about.
    I think its hard to make such systems since all the time there r new apps being designed for that so how would u detect it if its never the same?
    Also, i think those apps werent designed by having in mind that someone would use it for games so if there would be the anti-botter system it could ban players who dont use it for game (or atleast this one).
    Overall its probably too complicated and very price heavy idea. Would like to hear what devs think aswell.

Sent from my Samsung Smart Fridge using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Staaarlord View Post
    I didnt see yet that other games have the anti-botter system u r talking about.
    I think its hard to make such systems since all the time there r new apps being designed for that so how would u detect it if its never the same?
    Also, i think those apps werent designed by having in mind that someone would use it for games so if there would be the anti-botter system it could ban players who dont use it for game (or atleast this one).
    Overall its probably too complicated and very price heavy idea. Would like to hear what devs think aswell.

I havent seen any anti botting programs for any mmorpg like this but ive seen "tapping/idle" games use the anti botting thing and i know this because i have used auto tapping apps for tapping games

there was one that wouldnt let me log on because it said " a third party app has been detected on your device".( I do not remember the name because im lazy and have played many many tapping/idle games.)

Thats why im curious as to if its even possible for games like this and if so why hasnt sts added it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

https://link.springer.com/article/10...064-016-2122-8

I am not super tech savvy i hardly understand most the things in this link but its explaining what "Anti botting system" is.
    I think.. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I understand, they would analyse the data which they asked our permission for beforehand but its not easy nor cheap to make such program which would be checking every single player and imagine if bots had option to randomize their timings and movements just a little bit (which is probably not hard to make), it would be alot harder for those systems to detect the same movements because they wouldnt be excactly the same anymore.
    I know those old type of tap games u r talking about, im pretty sure they didnt "ban" u the first time u entered game with the cheat, it probably took a bit of time for the system to notice your thing, think it only detected the "inhuman" speed of taps u used xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I hope adopt some method against it, it is really disappointing that you kill yourself to get something while others use cheating and are on top. many things over time have been spoiled because of bot, some of them are pvp kills leardboar and pve kills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Staaarlord View Post
    I understand, they would analyse the data which they asked our permission for beforehand but its not easy nor cheap to make such program which would be checking every single player and imagine if bots had option to randomize their timings and movements just a little bit (which is probably not hard to make), it would be alot harder for those systems to detect the same movements because they wouldnt be excactly the same anymore.
    I know those old type of tap games u r talking about, im pretty sure they didnt "ban" u the first time u entered game with the cheat, it probably took a bit of time for the system to notice your thing, think it only detected the "inhuman" speed of taps u used xD

No, it detected the tapping app right away, wouldnt let me pass the loading screen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I understand that it might be a little pricey for them to make but isnt that what we're paying them for?

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,892 Posts

Bot detection is not a trivial problem (especially without the potential to accidentally flag actual players), and I would bet that most people would prefer that we spend our limited tech resources on new content and features, rather than the constant bot arms race. Report them when you see them and we'll take care of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    Bot detection is not a trivial problem (especially without the potential to accidentally flag actual players), and I would bet that most people would prefer that we spend our limited tech resources on new content and features, rather than the constant bot arms race. Report them when you see them and we'll take care of them.
    many players want to be at the top so i think it is really important, otherwise there would be no logic for that. I appreciate that you are willing to attend the support more I believe it should be more rigid when it comes to leardboard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Thanks for your response. Although i feel like more should be done because as stated by chronox players have been reported and are reported almost daily and yet the majority of them are still walking freely.
    Anyways thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    Bot its not trivial problem? I am a joke to you sts?

Enviado do meu LG-K430 através do Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

didnt know theres bot in 2020 now :O i hope they put anti bot

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thwizard View Post