Thread: Case study & facts: Mythic, Honor and Old school pvp!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

My point is not to dishonor honor but I totally dis agree about projecting honor as og and projecting myth pvp far from og and how come honor is balanced again? balance from which angle? myth pvp also require full combo against almost anything which not 2h let say it's bow , so break it down myth pvp require few hit to kill bow /staff etc just like og pvp but need full combo to kill 1handed weapon sets, nothing wrong in it if something is wrong that is - mislead thats 100% norm now a days.
    Last edited by Waug; 03-09-2020 at 08:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    My point is not to dishonor honor but I totally dis agree about projecting honor as og and projecting myth pvp far from og and how come honor is balanced again? balance from which angle? myth pvp also require full combo against almost anything which not 2h let say it's bow , so break it down myth pvp require few hit to kill bow /staff etc just like og pvp but need full combo to kill 1handed weapon sets, nothing wrong in it if something is wrong that is - mislead thats 100% norm now a days.
    Honor is not in any form OG PvP, that's true. Yet neither is mythic PvP. Honor is it's own identity as it shares nothing in common with any other cap or level range. Players aren't choosing to play it because there are daily tournaments, players choose play it because it's the only decent Option. Myth PvP can be summed up as a "what if everyone used hybrid dex in 71" which would explain the extreme degree of damage, caused by a combination of out of proportion damage/DPS and a lack of armor. If everyone is hybrid then debuffs play a minuscule role in PvP, which it does. HS at 110 effects other bears just as much as HS effected another 71 hybrid bear. CB does nothing to effect damage as both hybrid and Myth possess that to the extreme. Like Hybrid myth PvP has no armor which makes nuking even easier.

Now with all that said is it the only main cause for why players hold disdain for Myth? Absolutely not. The gear JUST became free and farmable for the player base. MONTHS AFTER THE CAP WAS RELEASED! If anything that should be the main reason nobody plays it. Who wants to spend 100m or a 100usd obtaining gear to endgame when you could just play the more cost efficient PvP zone for your time? Even then that's not the only reasons nobody wants to play it either.

The mere thought of Mythic/Elite PvP can easily be looked as a reskin 105 Cap. Like 105 Cap mythic shares the idiotic Set heal, which is really just a big exploit for rhinos. I can go on and on about the flaws of both Myth and Honor but that would be a month long thread.
    Last edited by MageFFA; 03-09-2020 at 09:39 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MageFFA For This Useful Post: