Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: Paladin in Arena of Honor (100-105)

  1. #21
    Senior Member Dolloway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Rockwall Forts
    Posts
    1,110
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    602
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    789
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

    Default

    So what do you suggest? Like a 25 dmg boost for Rhino Honor sets?

    I was testing out level 15 Honor set on Rhino last week to see how 400 Dex/70 Str (just enough to equip) would work. It seemed okay offensively but obviously lacked defense. The damage was something like 110-147, but I had only 21 armor instead of the usual 50+ with level 100 set. I was able to go even or slightly win against a few birds. The added damage seemed to help quite a bit.

  2. #22
    Forum Adept Absolize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    424
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    79
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    So what do you suggest? Like a 25 dmg boost for Rhino Honor sets?

    I was testing out level 15 Honor set on Rhino last week to see how 400 Dex/70 Str (just enough to equip) would work. It seemed okay offensively but obviously lacked defense. The damage was something like 110-147, but I had only 21 armor instead of the usual 50+ with level 100 set. I was able to go even or slightly win against a few birds. The added damage seemed to help quite a bit.
    Twink isnít what Iím talking about at the moment, I donít know how twink rhino plays but this is for 100-105 because the problem occurs there I know for a fact. Iím not sure what would be the right call on this because rhino in 100-105 Honor doesnít tank, nor do damage. So if the set was buffed it would probably need a semi-big buff in each category. In my opinion the rhinos buffs are the problem considering the buffs do not compare to other classes when it comes down to armor or damage.

  3. #23
    Member Tpfelblatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    83
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    27
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    23
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

    Default

    Let's do some testing, while keeping in mind what Paladins Role in Honor teams would be. I think he is a backline diver to divide the enemy team from within. Thoughts?

  4. #24
    Forum Adept MageFFA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    ∆ Stadium, Alterra
    Posts
    479
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    121
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tpfelblatt View Post
    Let's do some testing, while keeping in mind what Paladins Role in Honor teams would be. I think he is a backline diver to divide the enemy team from within. Thoughts?
    Yet that's the thing. Rhinos have no role in either team fights or honor.

    1. They are banned from entering any tournaments whether it's 3v3, 2v2, or 1v1.

    2. They have no definitive role in team fights. They are a lackluster support class since mages do far better thanks to having a better heal, but most importantly mages do what rhinos can't, damage.

    3. Their buffs aren't even as efficient in team fights. Brute Force merely gives your team 5 armor. WTF you gonna do with that. For Guardian to clear negative effects on your team you have to be close. Vital Force merely adds more damage but that's it. You'd think Vital Force is a A+ Tier skill but when your class has a absolutely absurd heal Cooldown time it becomes useless. Vital is only a effective team skill in 15-20 and even then they get beat out by mages for support.

    4. They only have 1 good debuff skill to control teams and that's summon, which could be healed off unlike blind and CB making the skill irrelevent when you're against a good mage team. I use to do 61 PvP as a rhino with alot of members in FFA. I would try to control the fight best for my bears by summons so they could beck ans go for terror with HS. It's usually healed off and now my teammates are under debuffs plus taking alot of damage. What can i do to save them if i have to wait 5 seconds for a skill. I can't nuke as is so it usually resorts to my team losing.

    The problem with rhino is a class problem. If you want to fix the set I'd first start with mana regen high enough to support them in combat. Rhinos consume more mana per skill than any other class i believe. Their armor needs to be increased, not to the extent of them tanking like bears in 110. A slight increase in damage to compensate for the fact that the axe they were given has a attack speedof 1.8. Dodge is irrelevant and I'd advise against giving them any. Rhinos damage needs to be high enough to nuke a buffless mage.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Waug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,260
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    265
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    625
    Thanked in
    437 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    That doesn't asnwer my question. How would you nerf myth rhino? Explain.
    I missed this one, Well that was never your question though I focused on this, I would be happy to deal with that, I need to know which pvp level you want to have no negative impact or might be impactful in a positive way, It's definitely possible.

  6. #26
    Forum Adept MageFFA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    ∆ Stadium, Alterra
    Posts
    479
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    8
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    121
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    I missed this one, Well that was never your question though I focused on this, I would be happy to deal with that, I need to know which pvp level you want to have no negative impact or might be impactful in a positive way, It's definitely possible.
    Well anything directed to the class will have a negitive impact regardless. You can nerf Redemption again but you'll have to remember that skill was nerfed 3 times already. If i was to give a guess at the percentage it is now, I'd say it's over 30%. Your argument is rhinos deal too much combo damage. That would mean nerfing redemption again, which achieves nothing. It can't be blamed on the buffs because Vital isn't a good damage buff. I don't see what can be done here.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Dolloway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Rockwall Forts
    Posts
    1,110
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    602
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    789
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absolize View Post
    Twink isn’t what I’m talking about at the moment, I don’t know how twink rhino plays but this is for 100-105 because the problem occurs there I know for a fact. I’m not sure what would be the right call on this because rhino in 100-105 Honor doesn’t tank, nor do damage. So if the set was buffed it would probably need a semi-big buff in each category. In my opinion the rhinos buffs are the problem considering the buffs do not compare to other classes when it comes down to armor or damage.
    I know you're talking about the 100-105 Honor set. I'm just saying that I tried the level 15 Honor set on a 110 rhino (it's comparable to 100-105) and used far less str to equip the gear, which bumped the damage up. It seemed okay offensively so I was wondering if a 25 dmg buff would be helpful to add to the level 100 Rhino Honor Sets.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Waug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,260
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    265
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    625
    Thanked in
    437 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    Well anything directed to the class will have a negitive impact regardless. You can nerf Redemption again but you'll have to remember that skill was nerfed 3 times already. If i was to give a guess at the percentage it is now, I'd say it's over 30%. Your argument is rhinos deal too much combo damage. That would mean nerfing redemption again, which achieves nothing. It can't be blamed on the buffs because Vital isn't a good damage buff. I don't see what can be done here.
    Yet u still and again denied the simple question which lvls.

    Lots of things can be done even that would make rhino more viable in a good way but you guys seems not to take interest in that, as always.
    Last edited by Waug; 03-12-2020 at 09:42 AM.

  9. #29
    Forum Adept Absolize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    424
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    79
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    I know you're talking about the 100-105 Honor set. I'm just saying that I tried the level 15 Honor set on a 110 rhino (it's comparable to 100-105) and used far less str to equip the gear, which bumped the damage up. It seemed okay offensively so I was wondering if a 25 dmg buff would be helpful to add to the level 100 Rhino Honor Sets.
    That seems fair, but also another thing to consider would be the buffs not comparing to other classes when it comes down to tanking and damage. A buff on the set could resolve the solution, but I feel like it would need to be a bit bigger to compare to other classes. But Iím not sure of that either.

  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    49
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Default

    Absolutely should change how paladin is doing in honor I like this thread


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #31
    Forum Adept NukeDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    PvP Arena
    Posts
    445
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    84
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    87
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

    Default

    I personally have tried rhino at many different levels. Rhino is really only good at endgame pvp. In honor, they lack the damage or armor in l100-105 sets. Have yet to try l15-30 honor sets, but as others have said the sets for honor on rhinos seems to need a buff. It’s really the only class in honor imo that needs a buff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 62
    Last Post: 04-30-2019, 04:43 PM
  2. How to access Honor PvP arena?
    By Angrytyrant in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-19-2019, 12:03 PM
  3. Ranges in Honor Arena
    By burntoutdex in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-12-2018, 02:16 AM
  4. Paladin in the ďArena of HonorĒ
    By Absolize in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-03-2018, 10:58 AM
  5. Arena of honor
    By Idevour in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-20-2018, 11:23 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •