Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Old Mythic Sets: Uller, Himingleva, and Vili

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Question Old Mythic Sets: Uller, Himingleva, and Vili

So I've been seeing some friends upgrade their Mythic sets for APs, and I noticed it is working quite differently these days.

Back then, when we did the upgrade, we would get our low level set replaced with the new, untradeable one. Now when people do the quest, they get the upgraded Mythic set, but they get to keep the low level set, and they can use it in low level toons, or sell it.

Now I'm not sure if that's a bug or intentional, but anyway, would be interesting to know if people who did the quest some years ago might be eligible to get a free low level set. :P
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

That would explain the price drop of these items...

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,893 Posts

It was an intentional change. Feel free to do the quest on an alt and get to keep the old item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its an updTe

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    It was an intentional change. Feel free to do the quest on an alt and get to keep the old item.
    By doing that he will have to rebuy the set tho

Στάλθηκε από το MI 8 Lite μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Polosam View Post
    By doing that he will have to rebuy the set tho

Στάλθηκε από το MI 8 Lite μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
    Yes, that's true. That's actually the whole point of the thread, to see if STS plans to refund our original sets, but based on Futu's reply, it looks like that won't be happening.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    I totally understand the idea behind it, it is beneficial to the AP farmers, but you guys already nerfed the gold in normal gates, elite southern gates... and you guys want to reduce the value of elite golden chests? this is ridiculous.. how about the newbies farming for them? and also it is unfair for the people who spent 20-30+m.

Where will they earn gold now? if you guys want to increase the players' population, first they need income, in the world of MILLIONS.

P.s. I've done the quest a long time ago, no need a refund of my mythic set, it is just me looking at the newbies perspective.
    Last edited by Overgrown; 03-11-2020 at 08:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overgrown View Post
    I totally understand the idea behind it, it is beneficial to the AP farmers, but you guys already nerfed the gold in normal gates, elite southern gates... and you guys want to reduce the value of elite golden chests? this is ridiculous.. how about the newbies farming for them? and also it is unfair for the people who spent 20-30+m.

Where will they earn gold now? if you guys want to increase the players' population, first they need income, in the world of MILLIONS.

P.s. I've done the quest a long time ago, no need a refund of my mythic set, it is just me looking at the newbies perspective.
    To clarify what my point, I've been in a small guild and most of our members are newbies, like 2-3 days old in-game, the common question they throw at us as officers is how to make gold. And we always do say "farm Elite Golden Warchest or Elite golden pirate Chest". which sells well because the mythic set are consumable that's why they are pricey and it good gold for the newbies. I just assume (I hope not) that the price will decline.

if it is final, please do other sources of income for them.

9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,893 Posts

This has absolutely nothing to do with earning gold - it was a buggy quest, and the change worked around its problems.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To clarify what my point, I've been in a small guild and most of our members are newbies, like 2-3 days old in-game, the common question they throw at us as officers is how to make gold. And we always do say "farm Elite Golden Warchest or Elite golden pirate Chest". which sells well because the mythic set are consumable that's why they are pricey and it good gold for the newbies. I just assume (I hope not) that the price will decline.

if it is final, please do other sources of income for them.
    They are not just because of myth set. Bb hooks ker shals and maul of oller also expensive

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk