Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: -Bugs, bugs, and more bugs-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Default -Bugs, bugs, and more bugs-

• Double item drop -Person 'A' dies at the boss and stays dead for a good 5 - 7 minutes. Then person 'B' comes in and kills the boss, giving person 'B' 2 drops at the same time and person 'A' with none.

Getting a double item drop at a boss
      Name:  IMG_0064.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  95.1 KB

• Finishing numa outpost boss without stepping past the bridge - Only a commando can do this bug. They use nebula to actually kill the buildings that the sprites get shipped out in. Once the last building is killed a random item is given just like if the boss was completed.

killing a building in outpost
      Name:  IMG_0070.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  89.5 KB

getting the boss drop with 77 remaining enemies
      Name:  IMG_0071.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  98.5 KB

• Ridiculous weapon graphic glitch - Very hard to explain how to do, but easy to show. what you do is tap somewhere far out on the screen holding whatever weapon you like. right after you tap far enough and while your toon is still walking, quickly switch weapons, exit the menu, and keep tapping. your toon should not have stopped walking at any point in doing this. If done correctly the weapon you are now holding should be holding like the weapon you had before. so say you were holding a one handed weapon, switched to a commando 2h weapon, hes still holding it in one hand like the other weapon. When the toon stops walking at any point the weapon goes back to normal. yes sometimes if you don't lag other people can see the glitch. fun to do and also harmless :] very very funny looking with some weapons.

An eye of zure shooting up.
      Name:  IMG_0069.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  72.5 KB

om nom nom.. eating my electrorazor
      Name:  IMG_0067.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  66.8 KB

• Random placed object in cycorp 5 - picture shows it all. Its to the right of my toon.

its invisible to view from the other side but you can see the object from this point of view
      Name:  IMG_0072.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  93.3 KB

• A repeat 'gathering' noise in cycorp 5 - Can't really get a screenie of a sound but when you search ANY of the corpse in cycorp 5 shown in the pictures below, the gathering sound repeats untill you either leave the zone or log-out.

To the left of me in both pictures
      Name:  IMG_0073.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  84.8 KB
      Name:  IMG_0074.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  63.0 KB

• Enemies not returning to original spots - I sent this in a while back but never got fixed. Person 'A' is afking some where else in the map no where near enemies. Person 'B' is fighting mobs but dies. The enemies don't return to their original location even when everyone around them is dead because someone in the zone is still alive. this doesn't seem like a big issue but when it comes down to certain maps like cycorp 5, you can get spawn trapped dying instantly everytime you spawn making you leave the zone. picture below is a example of a location.

The spot where the toon is dead is the spawn point in that map. anyone lower than lvl 25 has no chance with a mob that size.
      Name:  IMG_0075.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  89.4 KB

• Text out of the chat box - Very easy to replicate. All you have to do is type a message, hit the space key till you can go as far as you can, delete a space and replace it with anything (most of the time a period), and your text should be floating outside of the box.

As seen here
      Name:  IMG_0078.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  69.9 KB

• Ghost walking - Catchy name isn't it? this bugs mostly because of server lag. What you do is hold the joystick one way, and tap repeatedly in a spot far away in a different direction. this may not look like much on your screen (mostly some intense twitching) but on someone elses screen your not in that spot anymore; your toon is walking to the spot your tapping in. Not sure if this can even be fixed but wouldn't hurt to add it in anyways. It doesn't benefit you whats so ever since you cant interact with anything untill your character catches up with the server.

• Killing Red beard in redsun zone 4 - The final battle in redsun zone 5 is when your supposed to officially kill red beard. in zone 4, he scrambles to the telepad when he's low health and then sends his minions after you. With fast enough damage you can kill red beard in zone 4, halting the rest of the zone to work and you cant progress anymore; forcing you to remake the zone.

Receiving an item drop from the "invincible" red beard
      Name:  IMG_0080.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  104.3 KB

Nothing happening due to red beard not using the telepad
      Name:  IMG_0081.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  104.8 KB

• Walking on poison without damage - Don't know what it's called but its the green stuff on the floor around some cycorp zones shown in the pictures below. They require you to get rid of it to be able to search the corpse or activate terminals. the damage is supposed to interrupt you from interacting with any of those objects. I still don't understand how to fully replicate this bug but my assumptions on the times that i did while testing it was...
      1) you must join a game that you have not hosted.
      2) before stepping foot into the poison, tap the object you want to interact with without touching the joystick.
      Thats the only things that to my knowledge made a difference. But there have been times that it didn't work for some reason. Also, lag isn't the issue because you cannot interact with the objects until you have caught up with the server.

Using the terminal, avoiding damage
      Name:  IMG_0086.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  77.4 KB

Behind the door without getting rid of the poison first
      Name:  IMG_0087.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  93.1 KB

• Health bars showing up - Mainly the Nebula skill or the other AoE damage skills on the commando makes a lot of objects show their health bar. This is absolutely harmless but can be annoying sometimes, cluttering up the screen when your trying to focus on the boss or mobs. Some objects are shown below in the pictures. The worst area that's affected by this is the commercial filming zone in slouch-o while fighting the director bot.

More than likely its the sandbag locations that drop during the boss fight
      Name:  IMG_0093.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  86.3 KB

The attack plants scattered around numa, outpost
      Name:  IMG_0088.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  84.0 KB

Some random rock slide in delta-7: honey comb hideout
      Name:  IMG_0095.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  92.8 KB

Making the npc laying down, twitch, then stand up in voleria zone 1
      Name:  IMG_0104.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  90.8 KB

• Beta faces in the new SL - You can actually still see the beta faces of the old SL characters in a certain view for some reason. I don't know if this is an Easter egg or not but i guess i'll list it anyways. Look closely at FYI. This happens with npc's to and its even more noticeable on the girl characters.

The old beta faces
      Name:  IMG_0101.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  77.6 KB

normal faces
      Name:  IMG_0103.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  71.5 KB

*phew!*
      took forever to gather up these pics lol was def an adventure of its own running around all the zones.
      hope I helped! <3

The glitches in this thread were only recreated for sts purposes only. I DO NOT suggest, promote, or advise you to use bugs to benefit you under any circumstances in this game. Bug abuse is strictly against sts TOS and will not be handled lightly when caught by sts staff. Please don't attempt glitches in any way that give you an unfair advantage. :] thanks!
    Last edited by Ihavenokills; 01-19-2012 at 04:17 AM.
    System & others love me ;] U jelly?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ihavenokills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

The double item drop is intentional I believe, if someone lays dead at the boss their loot goes to the hardest working party member. I think this patch came up around WF time.

You can also do the weapon graphic glitch by using a computer terminal or anything that takes a loading bar to activate, and then running away before it's done. Saves time over switching weapons in the menu.

Good thinking on the mob return thing, I reported something similar on my bug report. I assumed it was people pulling the mobs to the entrance constantly, not just once. This definately is a issue.. I had a 0 death toon die here
    Last edited by Ebalere; 01-19-2012 at 12:32 AM.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Nice job killa!
    <- design by Pianowizzy
    CHOWNis - 41 Commando | Nachownis - 25 Operative Twink | Chownisis - 39 Killa

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quite a few of these aren't bugs. I'll get to those. In the future, please try to make an individual post for issues that you find and may have questions on. This makes it easier for us to evaluate them, ask questions and find ways to reproduce the issue. I've linked these sentences to a bug posting guide; following it really helps us to make the game more polished. As for the various points:

1. This is an intentional aspect of the game. The guy dead, on the ground, let the fight reset and is not contributing to the battle.

2. We'll look into fixing this. The "loot" drop is only given because the boss is considered dead. The bug, here, is that you can kill them with nebula thus avoiding the event.

3. So, this graphic glitch is something that was posted on before. We'll look into it, but, this really only happens because players know about it; they're trying to get the animation to glitch. It's not inherently game breaking or something that happens often (rather, only when someone is trying to get it to happen, mostly. =P )

4. I don't see it at all; from any angle.

5. My ears T_T Yeah, got that one. Great catch.

6. Creatures don't have "spots." Bosses may have specific places they stand but creatures roam and, as such, will roam around their spawn. On Cycorp 5, people need to be careful with who they are playing with. Host the game for yourself so you ensure people don't drag creatures to you (this can happen, technically, on any map) or tell others to wait before conducting the first pull. I can't stress enough that many maps in the game have the ability to do this. So, play those maps with people you know communicate if it happens to you enough.

Note: the only time those creatures run to spawn is if a player *lets* them. Take MMO etiquette into account; if you feel like you're going to die don't kill others by "training" mobs to them. Training means dragging mobs to other players where they will aggro.

7. Polish issue; we'll look into fixing it.

8. This isn't a bug. This is due to lag between clients. As an example, if you are playing with a friend and see his movement as opposed to what YOU see for his movement, it's substantially different.

9. There's already a post on this. This is why it's best to have single threads for issues and not mega-threads like this; it make sit so we can combine them. The item drop is not a bug. Being able to kill him at all is.

10. If you can come up with a suitable re-pro technique we'll look into it. Make a separate thread about it. Again; follow the directions in the link above.

11. This is the same issue as nebula and NPCs, or nebula with the machines before.

12. That's not a beta face, but, is a "zoom" feature. To assist with your devices computing power the face will change based off of your distance to them. This is purposeful.

A few things; post when they happen and don't save them up. Make sure no one else has posted about it before you post about it. Make each bug issue its own forum post. This REALLY helps us and the community so that we don't fill the forum up with duplicate posts.

Appreciate the help, the post and easy descriptions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

yeah i understand the directions and such and sorry but i thought id help you guys out one last time before i left for the military. so i listed anything and everything real quick that i thought could possibly be a bug or polish. :]

which reminds me basics in san antonio texas near sts headquarters? whhatttt??? field trip
    Last edited by Ihavenokills; 01-19-2012 at 02:37 PM.
    System & others love me ;] U jelly?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ihavenokills For This Useful Post:

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Good luck in basic! Thanks for serving.
    QA Ninja!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in