Thread: Miner's luck doesn't effect vanity drops...or does it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Default Miner's luck doesn't effect vanity drops...or does it?

Just a quick thought on this.

Miner's luck changes drops 100% of the time should a mob have a higher drop-able item. This involves a new re-roll canceling out the lower drops. However, since I believe vanities are also rollable, be it on their own wheel unlocked by a number on the first wheel, or simply just a very rare number on the first wheel, could a re-roll caused by this elixir also mean another chance at re-rolling the vanity? Since vanities are like recipes and can be gotten with another drop, who's to say you can't roll this number on your re-roll?

There's no proof it works and no proof it doesn't, and I doubt Devs will clarify this...but justa thought.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Hi, Kahlua!

I've been reading before in some post that vanities are pre-set items on the map. The roll goes for the whole map, not for particular drop. So, when you enter any map system already 'knows' if there is a vanity and where it is (mob or chest)

But your question can be transformed in 'Do YOU have better chance to get vanity if there is any, than other party members not using MinersLuck'
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

hmmm interesting.
    Any idea where that post may be?
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    hmmm interesting.
    Any idea where that post may be?
    Yeah I'd. Like to see it too. I was always under the impression that Vanities were on a seperate roll completely different from other loot and not effected by miner's luck. If what Flash says is true then wouldn't it be impossible to get two vanities in one run? I've heard of two vannys dropping in one WF run.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashbackflip View Post
    Hi, Kahlua!

I've been reading before in some post that vanities are pre-set items on the map. The roll goes for the whole map, not for particular drop. So, when you enter any map system already 'knows' if there is a vanity and where it is (mob or chest)

But your question can be transformed in 'Do YOU have better chance to get vanity if there is any, than other party members not using MinersLuck'
    Just searched for it, but couldn't find it. This was the understanding from back in Numa days, that any map would hold a vanity in either a chest or mob.

Reasoning behind 'clearing a map' worked plenty of times for Zero by doing this and he has every vanity drop (unsure about the new ones). So if you decided to only clear a map upto a certain count, and leave, technically following this you could be missing a good chance of missing the vanity. Nothing has ever been confirmed mostly speculation, but its the method I agree also.(StS wouldn't confirm something like this)

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    If what Flash says is true then wouldn't it be impossible to get two vanities in one run? I've heard of two vannys dropping in one WF run.
    WF boss only dropped Vanity right? so in that instance they were put on the same wheel as normal high end loot, just for that event.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

I remember reading that the luck doesn't affect vanity. It was on one of the luck enhancet threads if i remember correctly. Maybe you can find it there.

Sent from my LG-MS690 using Tapatalk
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

this the post ?

a pink is hardly considered a bad drop so you wudnt expect it to change for a van even if it was on the same drop table
    rerolls on bad drops only happen with old elix, new elix locks drop to next best level in drop table
    liked the old 2 clear rolls version better, and thought it more fair
    for secondary drops from boss, since they are usually recipes or something already good, dont think its considered a bad roll, or maybe there are only purps on that table
    so dont know how the elix affects secondary drops
    Last edited by Slant; 01-20-2012 at 04:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    this the post ?

a pink is hardly considered a bad drop so you wudnt expect it to change for a van even if it was on the same drop table
    rerolls on bad drops only happen with old elix, new elix locks drop to next best level in drop table
    liked the old 2 clear rolls version better, and thought it more fair
    for secondary drops from boss, since they are usually recipes or something already good, dont think its considered a bad roll, or maybe there are only purps on that table
    so dont know how the elix affects secondary drops
    you missed the point of my post entirely.

Here's an example.

You kill a enemy and get a drop, the game rolls to determine the drop.

Numbers 1-80 (to keep it vague) are for all drops up until green
    Numbers 81-95 are for Epics
    Numbers 96-99 are for Legendaries

However, if you roll a 15, 36, or a 87, you unlock a secondary roll.
    This wheel has another 100 numbers.
    If you roll 1-95, you get nothing.
    If you roll 96-99, you get a secondary drop.

HOWEVER, what if that person has the miners luck elixir?
    If they roll anything between 1-80 that represents a green drop, they get a 100% chance of a number 81-95 for an epic.
    What if that new number is that 87? That number that unlocks a secondary number wheel?
    This means a chance for a vanity that you didn't previously have.

It all depends on how the secondary drop system works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Default my understanding of the topic

It was my understanding that the miners reroll was more of an upgrade if available. I.e. yellow becomes green, green becomes purple, purple become pink.

But if lets say green isnt part of the chain, there isnt a possibility of getting a purple or pink with miners, even if purple or pink is part of the chain. I.e. loot for the map is white, yellow, purple.

I also think vanity is on a seperate roll from the regular loot table, and it has to generate to the loot for the map at the beginning if it will even have a chance of coming out. Either luck enhancer may increase your chance of it coming to you by will never be a sure thing.

What I am intetested in finding out is if each time you start a map, does it generate loot for a team of 5 or only the number present at the start, then add for new entries? Or if someone leaves early is it removed? The real question is: are we leaving possible loot behind?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    this the post ?
    First place I looked, Emiph come to that conclusion from a few of us beta guys explaining what we had concluded when Numa was released, but there was another thread/post by people like IBNobody/Kamikaze or others like these, can't remember fully way to long ago.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I dunno guys I just cant imagine them putting in a system where drops are predetermined...but I can see why this may be true with vanities.

Another example:

killing random mobs...drops are spread out randomly among your team. Ive gotten like 5 drops in a row before and I definitely didn't kill all the mobs that dropped them.

However, when you get a vanity drop, I am almost certain the one who delivers the finishing hit, the one who gets the kill tally, gets the vanity drop.
    I've only ever seen two vanities, comedy ad tragedy, and one of them was mine, and I definitely killed that enemy.

This direct drop could mean that it is in fact NOT a rolled item, as it seems that not only are regular drops rolled, but the person who receives them are as well.