Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Damage elixir bug

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ugon View Post
    It is particularly the DMG elixir x5 from the old town ^^
    Okay! So I tested this and was able to see my damage increase by 5X. Monster damage does not change. The domain of the elixir is bound entirely to the avatar and has no effect on the monsters.

That said... I think the effect you're describing is related to Old Town itself: specifically whether you are returning to a fresh instance of Old Town when you emerge from Club Spacetime, or if you're going into something that exists and has other players in it that affect the damage of the monsters due to level. We do quite a bit behind the scenes to balance for full parties and for the levels of the party members. Nothing about the elixir system affects this.

If you want to survive endless waves of bad guys you may want to look at using that 5X Armor Elixir in addition to the 5X Damage one.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Okay! So I tested this and was able to see my damage increase by 5X. Monster damage does not change. The domain of the elixir is bound entirely to the avatar and has no effect on the monsters.

That said... I think the effect you're describing is related to Old Town itself: specifically whether you are returning to a fresh instance of Old Town when you emerge from Club Spacetime, or if you're going into something that exists and has other players in it that affect the damage of the monsters due to level. We do quite a bit behind the scenes to balance for full parties and for the levels of the party members. Nothing about the elixir system affects this.

If you want to survive endless waves of bad guys you may want to look at using that 5X Armor Elixir in addition to the 5X Damage one.
    Believe me Mr.Cinco I personally have tried these possibilities and have ended up dying in solo mode in the campaign maps :/
    Yes I tired purchasing all the 3 Old Town elixirs " Dmg, Armor and speed " together then was the same thing when I use Dmg elixir and dies, it looks like armor elixir is nullified when you combine it with the Dmg elixir x5.

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #23
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

it looks like armor elixir is nullified [/COLOR]when you combine it with the Dmg elixir x5.[/SIZE]
    This does not happen at all. I'm wearing both 5X Elixirs right now and I am untouchable. Not only do the monsters not have any more damage, I have 5X more damage and 5X more armor which makes their attacks basically nothing. Combined with Auto Blood Packs, I'm just standing there like a statue.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

It confuses us when we die tho we are in the top level of the game while using the top gears too, nobody complains when they die before reaching the top level because they think it might be due to the low lvl of the alt.

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #25
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

It confuses us when we die tho we are in the top level of the game while using the top gears too, nobody complains when they die before reaching the top level because they think it might be due to the low lvl of the alt.
    Dark Legends combat has always been challenging because of the single resource pool for skills. It is very possible for you to get yourself killed even with the very best stuff and the most powerful elixirs.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

This does not happen at all. I'm wearing both 5X Elixirs right now and I am untouchable. Not only do the monsters not have any more damage, I have 5X more damage and 5X more armor which makes their attacks basically nothing. Combined with Auto Blood Packs, I'm just standing there like a statue.
    Umm...Idk really but it actually happened at least to me, I can volunteer to make new record for the issue and send it to you.

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #27
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Umm...Idk really but it actually happened at least to me, I can volunteer to make new record for the issue and send it to you.
    Yes! Please do make a video.

Meanwhile my toon is still standing there not dying.

I have now verified multiple times this morning:
    - Monsters do not gain damage when you apply a damage elixir.
    - 5X Armor elixir does not negatively affect damage.
    - 5X Damage increases your damage by 5X for its duration.
    - 5X Armor elixir increases your armor by 5X for its duration.

This is all stuff that I know to be true... but because I trust you all I have spent the time to re-test and re-verify. Nothing appears to be wrong with any of this. I really wish I could say "Yes! I see the error and I'll fix it," but I just can't fix what isn't broken. Maybe if I see a video and take a good look at your avatar inventory, elixir set-up I can find some sort of bug. As soon as I can verify that these things happen in a specific case I can address it :-)

Thanks for all your patience! Hope you enjoy the Sin Patty event ;-)
    | | | |

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I do not know how the process goes for the elixirs but it is possible to make that DMG elixir just like a gem that attaches to you when you purchase it from the vendor which adds pure Dmg status only? works for limited time in pve alone ofc.

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #29
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

I do not know how the process goes for the elixirs but it is possible to make that DMG elixir just like a gem that attaches to you when you purchase it from the vendor which adds pure Dmg status only? works for limited time in pve alone ofc.
    This is all handled by the enhancements you get from the Blood Forge. Damage puts a stat directly on the item - and it applies in all contexts.

The elixir takes whatever damage you're doing and it multiplies that. Note: only the highest multiplier is ever used (so if you have an item that gives you 1.5X damage and you buy the 5X you will only get 5X and not 6.5X).
    | | | |

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Yes! Please do make a video.

Meanwhile my toon is still standing there not dying.

I have now verified multiple times this morning:
    - Monsters do not gain damage when you apply a damage elixir.
    - 5X Armor elixir does not negatively affect damage.
    - 5X Damage increases your damage by 5X for its duration.
    - 5X Armor elixir increases your armor by 5X for its duration.

This is all stuff that I know to be true... but because I trust you all I have spent the time to re-test and re-verify. Nothing appears to be wrong with any of this. I really wish I could say "Yes! I see the error and I'll fix it," but I just can't fix what isn't broken. Maybe if I see a video and take a good look at your avatar inventory, elixir set-up I can find some sort of bug. As soon as I can verify that these things happen in a specific case I can address it :-)

Thanks for all your patience! Hope you enjoy the Sin Patty event ;-)
    I will gladly do, and will send you the link in pms.

Sts events are as the usual filled with fun and excitements, much appreciated
    ^^.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ugon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I too experienced this issue.

I frequently take lower level players to the hospital. I coincidentally had a 5x damage buff, from fighting the archangel. I died quite often and unexpectedly when encountering small mobs of ghouls. My character was level 42, which is not a level that would die often in the hospital. The issue resolved itself after the buff ran out. Usually I only die while killing in the hospital if I'm chatting.

Thank you for your attention to this issue.

Novangeline aka Gryffinorren aka Annamandra aka Troilus aka Prosurpina aka Shamandar aka Xamantina