Thread: A collection of questions...for le devs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default A collection of questions...for le devs.

First, out of curiosity, what does devs mean?

And the serious questions:

why is it that some maps drop only certain level items, some beign way out of range of the map? (say, last lvl of forest haven(first campiegn?) was giving me lvl 26-27 loot. And the castle one(3rd canpaigen?) in its 6th map, drops only lvl 19 loot, and if I go to last lvl it jumps to 24-26, even thou the map is for 15-20(?))

if banned, is there levels to the crime? (say for cursing, is it a 3hr ban like WoW?) and there is, what's the criteria you guys use to make a descion?

And...

What would you guys do for a klondike bar?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chickdigcookies View Post
    First, out of curiosity, what does devs mean?

And the serious questions:

why is it that some maps drop only certain level items, some beign way out of range of the map? (say, last lvl of forest haven(first campiegn?) was giving me lvl 26-27 loot. And the castle one(3rd canpaigen?) in its 6th map, drops only lvl 19 loot, and if I go to last lvl it jumps to 24-26, even thou the map is for 15-20(?))

if banned, is there levels to the crime? (say for cursing, is it a 3hr ban like WoW?) and there is, what's the criteria you guys use to make a descion?

And...

What would you guys do for a klondike bar?
    Devs = Developers. I would answer the rest of your questions but I don't know if my answers are right so I'll wait for someone like Royce to come a long and answer them :P. Or the devs.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Equipment level drops are based on the level of the mob. The bosses on the last levels are usually higher then the standard mob which is why it drops equipment that has level requirements above what you would expect for the board.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Most maps drop items within the level range of that map, with a few exceptions including the occasional drops with a level corresponding to the next campaign (i.e. Kite Shields, Fire Mage Robes, Starry Leathers). These are never purple/pink though. The case of the "bone loot dungeons" is different. These three minidungeons: Kings' Forest, Magic Castle, and Megamaze, were not originally part of their respective campaigns. Around the time Lost Expedition came out, these minidungeons were added with gear corresponding to the new level cap. Greys are level 25, purples level 27, and pinks level 29. The items are bonecloth, bone plate, bone tunic, bone staff, battle axe, and battle crossbow. I believe these were also the first items to have the Dreamer's, Owl, Conqueror's, Bear, Sniper's, and Eagle designations.

Edit: I forgot to mention the last level of forest haven (I forget the name) is also a bone loot dungeon, but the droprate is so poor no one ever farmed it
    Last edited by Royce; 07-26-2010 at 05:09 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Most maps drop items within the level range of that map, with a few exceptions including the occasional drops with a level corresponding to the next campaign (i.e. Kite Shields, Fire Mage Robes, Starry Leathers). These are never purple/pink though. The case of the "bone loot dungeons" is different. These three minidungeons: Kings' Forest, Magic Castle, and Megamaze, were not originally part of their respective campaigns. Around the time Lost Expedition came out, these minidungeons were added with gear corresponding to the new level cap. Greys are level 25, purples level 27, and pinks level 29. The items are bonecloth, bone plate, bone tunic, bone staff, battle axe, and battle crossbow. I believe these were also the first items to have the Dreamer's, Owl, Conqueror's, Bear, Sniper's, and Eagle designations.

Edit: I forgot to mention the last level of forest haven (I forget the name) is also a bone loot dungeon, but the droprate is so poor no one ever farmed it
    You know to much it scares me, nontheless, makese perfect sense. Thank you for the detailed explaination...

Do you by any chance know where the lvl 19 pink staff and axe drop? Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Do you by any chance know where the lvl 19 pink staff and axe drop? Lol
    Should be Balefort. The logical map to try seems like it would be Quick Love, but in my farming experience I have seen noticeably more of that type of stuff drop in the non-minidungeon maps, so I'd probably try map 5 or something, but that's just a hunch
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Should be Balefort. The logical map to try seems like it would be Quick Love, but in my farming experience I have seen noticeably more of that type of stuff drop in the non-minidungeon maps, so I'd probably try map 5 or something, but that's just a hunch
    Hmm, I've farmed that place all day today, I've gotten like 15 purps 2 pink bows and 1 pink armor, no staff or axe, but I'll try map 5.

And the lvl 14 armors? Lol, I kinda wanna get all low level pinks...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

And the lvl 14 armors? Lol, I kinda wanna get all low level pinks...
    If there's a secret to farming Dark Forest, I haven't figured it out. I've spent a lot of time there (mostly map 5 and the minidungeons), and only ever seen 2 non-bone pinks drop on random maps (I'm thinking 1 and 5 maybe), neither to me. Maybe somebody has better info...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Idk about the game mechanics but I do know that as far as bans go, its up to the devs. I think 3 days is a standard ban for a medium offense, but I'm not sure about that. I do know that impersonating a dev is a lifetime ban.

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce