Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Current status of SL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Current status of SL

Ok first off this isnt a rant or an argument against STS but more of a concern, if any dev reads this I'd appreciate a response.

So it seems, every time I log into the game there are less and less people online. B* instances are often empty and it can be a struggle to find any decent runs at the end of the game. Im still a relativley new player but I remember a time when there was always a group of guildies doing runs and chat was always a good laugh. STS have made this update even easier than the rest with the xp needed being lowered, and lvl 40 armor that drops faster than a tonn of led and I dont get it? Sure its good to get what you want fast but people are grinding to the cap way too fast, getting bored and leaving, there's no exciting new content that keeps the players intrigued and wanting more, just a new map, new cap and new armor/weapons. Whether they are concentrating too much on other games or are running into problems behind the scenes I'll never know but I'd like to see an extreme change in SL whether its a new set of skills or a complete change in gameplay. What is the suggestions forum intended for after all?!

Im still a lover of the game and will continue to play for a while, although many of my guildies wouldnt say the same. It's a real shame to see some of my friends log in for 5 minutes, and log out again without a word and I have already seen 3 lvl 41's leave my guild to go to another, purely because there just isnt enough activity for their presence to be worth while, and quite honestly I have thought of doing the same.. But if the lack of STS bother (as it seems) in the game continues, what is the point?

It doesnt take a genius to know that if your product isnt making your customers happy overall, then they'll find something that does..
    Last edited by Justg; 01-20-2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Less drama

Kenzor L16 Warrior | Proud
    Voii L16 Rogue | Officer
    Kenzzor L15 Sorcerer | of Vengeance

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kenzor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

I wholeheartedly agree.

There isn't anything that is keeping me interested in the game anymore. Pvp is okay, but it get boring since its the same handful of people that pvp.

There needs to be more original content and more content in general so people don't get bored.
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Agreed. End game is kinda boring right now. Some new Legendary weps and stuff would give it a boost. Havn't seen some of my friends in a long time. People are fading away...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Haven't been in game since before xmas, capped my main, had quite a disappointing surprise. And only have gone in game to chat after this time.

Bored of the content and constant grind effect. Not fun anymore. And as previously said by StS themselves most content and time is going into DL. I wish you all the success with it, but you will need to change the way the game is now running and the direction you have taken, as this will become the result of any game released after a few months.

We get that its for the casual gamer, but the people that are constantly on and helping with supporting StS are the Hardcore gamers that you have seen leave, over this last month or so.
    Last edited by BodMaster; 01-19-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

We've incorporated fresh new game ideas in our guild, such as team against team runs and pink runs to make the game interesting after the lvl cap.
    We have around 6 lvl 41 in our guild and we keep busy helping others lvl or doing these team runs, also we have all created alt characters now to play with when not much is happening.

So I kinda disagree with this thread, the game only gets stale when the player playing looses imaginative ways of playing.
    You gota think fresh, and if your in a quiet guild, then leave, join a more active one :-) It does wonders and really freshens up someones experience with the game ;-)
    - Thanks, Mitchturbo
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mitchturbo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I think it's cause many people come from PL and if you're like me, PL seems better than SL

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    And as previously said by StS themselves most content and time is going into DL.
    This is really unfair if true. When SL was out they got two teams -one for PL another for SL and this seems right. Moving most of the devs to DL while deserting other games is a lame move imo.

PvP could be fun, but I agree with Ardon - too few ppl doing it.. CTF is my most loved mode, but even fewer playas enjoying it..

On the other hand I've met some dudes who is rather new to SL - like 2-3 months - so I believe the more of them to come soon and maybe there will be some new stars among them

I hope for the better coz there is no better themed scifi mmo game on the market for me - so I stay and continue anyway.. But like BodMasta said I mostly hang out in BS chattin and helping rare friends to lvl.. My part of the fun is doing Numa or even lower lvls trying not to stop at all (as most enemies are one-shot-kill))

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchturbo View Post
    We've incorporated fresh new game ideas in our guild, such as team against team runs
    Share yo insights, bro!!

P.S.
    Hoping for the best, polishing my guns and wrighting my blog meanwhile

May the Force b with all of us)
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

It's definitely concerning seeing less and less people on..... I guess i'm lucky that my closest friends are still playing. I can honestly say I spend more time on one of the many many alts I made than anything else right now so that I can keep myself stimulated. Merching, making a ratio toon, and even aiming to get twinks for every 5 levels (maybe that explains why I have 20+ toons) are the "games within the game" that I play mostly. I don't know why, but I started thinking back to PL, and with the obvious similarities, there are obvious differences that weren't implemented unfortunately. Why no boss gauntlets? I loved them in PL. I spent hours farming mats for crafting. You couldn't buy recipes (when I played at least, idk about now), so going custom was a show of either how much effort you put into grinding or how much gold you had. I never saw so many people "sparkling" or whatever from the set bonuses in PL as I do within days of an update in SL. When I first played PL, my initial thought was "it's a kids game." Idk if it was aimed more towards children or not, but that was my first impression. SL didn't give me that impression, it actuall seemed more geared towards an older crowd (the "juicers," space pirates, etc.) I feel the most challenging parts of PL are lacking in SL. Crafting quests were also dropped; having to kill 1000 aliens, while a little tedious, presented something else to do. I didn't even play Voleria through until I capped all my toons. Tbh, it's sad that capping as soon as possible was the first thing on my mind when the expansion came out, and it was my decision to play like that. I think that is what the general mentality of people playing now is. Update = grind to cap and get on leaderboards before everyone else. I actually like the Voleria stages; they aren't 100% linear, you have to go to different areas and get explosives/keys/batteries and bring them somewhere else, and the mines (how I hate them) make you do a little more than mash button. Voleria reminded me of Numa, which I loved. I may be wrong, but in PL, weren't there stages, or elite dungeons (shadow caves when first released) that you couldn't access until and unless you finished all stages of a campaign? I'm pretty sure I didn't get to shadow caves until fully completing AO3. Also, if I remember correctly, I couldn't play the second level of any stage until I beat the first, and so on. When I quit PL to play SL, I had 4 toons (1 end game for each class and a twink I was in the middle of gearing up) and I never had to find a "game within the game." I'd love to see an optional elite instance that ended with an hour boss fight that made you use utilize certain skills from each class in order to come out of it alive, and make the drops would be worth the effort.

Bod mentioned DL in his post. It seems like it was announced to be released right after I started playing SL (no bet for this apple user unfortunately). From my experience, most people don't have the time to put into PL and SL and chose one of the two. Now there is a third game coming out. On top of other things that people are unsatisfied with, I feel like seeing that a new game is going to be released soon is giving them the "why bother" attitude with SL right now. Why bother striving to cap and get the best of the best when in months there in going to be another game put out? People who already can't fit SL and PL into their spare time know they will have to make a choice which to play when DL is released, so if they are unsatisfied with SL as it is, that will tip the scale. What about next year then? Will there be another "Legend" game coming out then too?

I'll stop there, this post is long enough anyway, sorry and thanks for reading my concerns. After spending the weekend out of town and the beginning of this week preoccupied with other things, hopping in game after a 4 day break last night and seeing that my friends list had about 15% of the people logged in as usual got my brain rattling. This is all the opinion of man wondering were everyone has gone and what can be done to get them back.
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LelouchX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I seem to have no problems. As a proud member of Vengeance, I'm at 19k xp, juice free a growing closer to capping each day. My xp runs typically have at least one level 41 in my party. Gun runs, boss runs, farming. All of these things keep us active and quite busy, almost not enough members to go around. We even have level 41s hosting xp runs to get the rest of the guild capped. It's a pride thing I suppose. We want, no, we WILL be the best around. Surround yourself with good people and SL will never die.
    Doomednoob - LvL 41 Engineer
    Dooomednoob - LvL 11 Operative
    <Vengeance>

15. The Following User Says Thank You to doomednoob For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doomednoob View Post
    I seem to have no problems. As a proud member of Vengeance, I'm at 19k xp, juice free a growing closer to capping each day. My xp runs typically have at least one level 41 in my party. Gun runs, boss runs, farming. All of these things keep us active and quite busy, almost not enough members to go around. We even have level 41s hosting xp runs to get the rest of the guild capped. It's a pride thing I suppose. We want, no, we WILL be the best around. Surround yourself with good people and SL will never die.
    You do know the OP is in your guild right?...

It's not that the content is too easy...I find it no faster than Shipyard doing the main maps for xp. The fastest xp isn't even on the Voleria maps of you have the plat to spend. I mean look at the guilds leaderboards. All the top 5 are hovering in the 20s without any serious gains in a few weeks. In fact, I've noticed a lot of people simply didn't even return to level. Those that did...many didn't even make it to 40, and for those who did, few went for 41. People are losing interest in the game. There were between 50-90 capped players in each of the top 5 guilds last update. Not going to go in to the reasons why, but it's not because they've capped and left...for many it's because they got fed up and left.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    You do know the OP is in your guild right?...

It's not that the content is too easy...I find it no faster than Shipyard doing the main maps for xp. The fastest xp isn't even on the Voleria maps of you have the plat to spend. I mean look at the guilds leaderboards. All the top 5 are hovering in the 20s without any serious gains in a few weeks. In fact, I've noticed a lot of people simply didn't even return to level. Those that did...many didn't even make it to 40, and for those who did, few went for 41. People are losing interest in the game. There were between 50-90 capped players in each of the top 5 guilds last update. Not going to go in to the reasons why, but it's not because they've capped and left...for many it's because they got fed up and left.
    Kenzor isn't on Vengeance btw :P

But I agree with you. At the start of each cap there were usually around 20-40 people on. Voleria i the exception, the amount of people on is a joke compared to past updates. The rate of which people are getting bored is even worse.

I remember the last 2-3 weeks before the Voleria update, saying to myself , "oh it'll be fine, as soon as the update comes, then loads of people will come."

Sure that did happen, but people got bored quick. Even though, pvp was added, which many people thought was gonna attract lots of attention.

I've never seen the bases as dead as with this update.

As what Kenzor said, if people get bored they'll leave to find something worth their time. I've seen many hardcore players leave or planning to leave SL.
    Myself, I'm going to quit soon and just get on to talk to friends.

As with the release of DL. Why another game? Another genre is fine, but I don't see anything good come from it when core players of PL and SL are ether leaving or saying that something need a to change or they will leave.

Sure players come and go, but look at the quality of players who leave. More casual players are coming in the game per every hardcore player that leaves

The core players are the ones that are more likely to buy plat and support the game.

The casual ones are those who spend nothing and/or use tap joy offers ever now and then.

Who's more valuable? Casual or hardcore players?

As I see it now, DL has a high chance of subduing to the cycle like PL and SL have/are going through.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardon View Post
    Kenzor isn't on Vengeance btw :P

Sure players come and go, but look at the quality of players who leave. More casual players are coming in the game per every hardcore player that leaves

The core players are the ones that are more likely to buy plat and support the game.

The casual ones are those who spend nothing and/or use tap joy offers ever now and then.

Who's more valuable? Casual or hardcore players?

As I see it now, DL has a high chance of subduing to the cycle like PL and SL have/are going through.
    Well then tell him to change his signature!!

And the stuff about Core players and plat purchasing; yay you were listening to me ranting in private chat Good to know someone listens lol
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

two kinds casual and hardcore, diff between them too much, this is supposed to be a pick up and play game, you could level for 40 seconds on biosphere if you wanted to, you need to set aside at least 10-15 minutes for a few runs on voleria. This is not the amount of time needed to gain xp, this is about how much attention you have to pay to play the game. It was perfectly possible to run biosphere while watching a movie, something you just cannot do with the mines and snipers and all that lugging and walking back and forth

the game has got more hardcore, PVP came in, and the time needed for the bosses got longer and longer, it wont make a diff if you play for hours at a stretch, but it does make a diff if you play for shorter bursts

not the same as those who pay for plat and dont pay for plat, there was no real need for plat till around the time miners elix came in and it was still considered "hardcore" to play without plat at least till Slouch-O was cap. those who dont pay for plat often put in a lot of time, and in a free to play game this shouldnt be all that hard to pull off. in game gear being the best was pretty fair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Default Gameplay and reasons

Our guild is active mostly. Keep in mind the holidays just past, people are busy in rl with work, school, ect, ect,

People will come and go. And yes, some people in the game are only interested with capping and logging off til the next update. There are plenty of things to do in game and I don't think adding something new will keep those people interested for more than a couple days. Then they will log out again.

The key is guild activites. Recruiting, contests with or without rewards (just for bragging rights) helping others reach their goals are just a few ideas. But there is literally dozens of things that can be done to keep it interesting.
    The lone wolf, out for self players aren't interested in any of that, if sts adds new content they will login, cap or whatever, then leave the rest to fend for themselves until something new comes out.
    Instead of standing around talking on b*, get in the game and get active with your guild. Just becuse player reaches cap, doesn't mean it's game over.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KillaSkillz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    two kinds casual and hardcore, diff between them too much, this is supposed to be a pick up and play game, you could level for 40 seconds on biosphere if you wanted to, you need to set aside at least 10-15 minutes for a few runs on voleria. This is not the amount of time needed to gain xp, this is about how much attention you have to pay to play the game. It was perfectly possible to run biosphere while watching a movie, something you just cannot do with the mines and snipers and all that lugging and walking back and forth

the game has got more hardcore, PVP came in, and the time needed for the bosses got longer and longer, it wont make a diff if you play for hours at a stretch, but it does make a diff if you play for shorter bursts

not the same as those who pay for plat and dont pay for plat, there was no real need for plat till around the time miners elix came in and it was still considered "hardcore" to play without plat at least till Slouch-O was cap. those who dont pay for plat often put in a lot of time, and in a free to play game this shouldnt be all that hard to pull off. in game gear being the best was pretty fair.
    Casual refers more to the frequency of updates and overall game content more so than skill and difficulty. These kinds of games would be incredibly boring if they were all easy maps. The difference between a hardcore gamer and a casual gamer is just that a casual gamer levels at their own pace and play when they have time. A Hardcore gamer levels quickly and demands new content to meet their gaming needs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Well said Ardon, no more thanks to give

And Kally, the last I knew Ken was in SP lol.

To the above, I was one of these so called 'Lone Wolfs' but that didn't mean anything to me what did was meeting new members getting to know them help them out when I could, and also getting to know people from all sorts of guilds, friends were friends, guilds had no say in the matter. Even after I capped (all 3 class) at each update I was still active in game helping others cap or level up enjoying chatting with random or friends in B* but the game itself without 'keeping the game alive' is not that active, the amount of feedback given to StS in either general or suggestions is pretty high but none of the things we are suggesting is being updated, not even been tried to implement. It shows when a number amount of players interested in PvP on release, its still in beta PvP and nothing even changed. The whole affair is 'unfair' engi have no chance in nominating the scene or to some not a chance at winning at all. Small updates like fixing an engineers skill, so that the effect does not damage them or even to work as it should are not being looked into.

The one thing I have noticed where our hard earned cash/supporting the game has gone, is the amount of new mods, and super mods. There was no need of these before as members of the forum would do this job for them, but unfortunately they are no longer with us..

The concentration has gone into DL the dev have told us this themselves, its their 'ace' in the bag. Though you will notice in the next few updates that even less time and creativity is going to go into PL (last two updates) and SL will be effected by this, also it will split the community once again.

And Louchie after DL a Cowboy Legends type game will be in the making
    Last edited by BodMaster; 01-20-2012 at 08:29 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    Our guild is active mostly. Keep in mind the holidays just past, people are busy in rl with work, school, ect, ect,

People will come and go. And yes, some people in the game are only interested with capping and logging off til the next update. There are plenty of things to do in game and I don't think adding something new will keep those people interested for more than a couple days. Then they will log out again.

The key is guild activites. Recruiting, contests with or without rewards (just for bragging rights) helping others reach their goals are just a few ideas. But there is literally dozens of things that can be done to keep it interesting.
    The lone wolf, out for self players aren't interested in any of that, if sts adds new content they will login, cap or whatever, then leave the rest to fend for themselves until something new comes out.
    Instead of standing around talking on b*, get in the game and get active with your guild. Just becuse player reaches cap, doesn't mean it's game over.
    What dozen things are there to do?

-Pvp(end game or twinks)
    -Help noobs
    -lvl multiple alts
    -Farm

Trust me, these all get boring quick.

That's really all you can do after you're capped. Please, if you have more, tell me.

Btw, how long have you been in game? If its been longer than shipyard, you can't possibly tell me that you haven't seen a big decline in overall game activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post

You can lvl in Voleria in less than 40 seconds per run.

Voleria is cool. It keeps you on your toes.

I lvled to 41 in a few days without elixers. Trust me, playing for long stretches of time is a big difference than the casual type of lvling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

PL went through this phase with AO, which is right around the same levels. Each new map is only five levels and the releases are so far apart that people reach cap, farm until they have everything, then PvP for a while, then start writing concerned posts about the endgame. InPL what the devs did was give us those elite campaigns like Frozen Nightmares, and little curious areas like the secret grate or the sarcophagus, and a few new items that could peak our interest like Vyxnaar's Helm. But people still complained and they raised the XP requirement.

But in making those elite areas in PL, they also made the program so big that the new material we are getting now has to recycle maps and npcs, and people really don't like that.

So, I think it would be better to ask for one or two specific things, and try not to let SL become a game of kloodged code... it you know what I mean.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

As the most complaints are about long pauses between new content updates (and believe me I wish they update it weekly) we should find a way to entertain ourselves while STS doin their part of the job..

After reading all the posts again i thought of solutions which could help us.

If you can help - add yo ways!

Use positive thinkin YO!

Starting off Ardon's points:

1. PvP (endgame + twinks)

2. Lvl alts

3. Farm

4. Help noobs

5. Recruit to guild

6. Run contests

And that's where things get interesting.. CONTESTS huh?! Let's collaborate and try to articulate types of them

- pvp contests (such as Op's endgame running now or CTF which was never done yet)

- team contests (such as Cahlua was presenting or that 'fastest run on Numa usin yellow bubbles')

- guild VS guild contests (never seen one but they could be as pvp so free-run based)

- developer-based contests (the droid one was fun, remember?)

- fashion show-off contests (don't flame me.. I was wandering BS and did several screens of really creative-lookin ppl and it has nothing to do with vanities)

-

-

What else... C'mon dudes! Help me out here.. We can brainstorm them right here and then a StarGuard (Ebalere for ex.) will present em to the 'super-mods'.. Btw I remember the post by Delphina asking for help with ideas - so they r open for our initiatives

Peace to all
    Last edited by flashbackflip; 01-20-2012 at 09:29 AM.
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flashbackflip For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    PL went through this phase with AO, which is right around the same levels. Each new map is only five levels and the releases are so far apart that people reach cap, farm until they have everything, then PvP for a while, then start writing concerned posts about the endgame. InPL what the devs did was give us those elite campaigns like Frozen Nightmares, and little curious areas like the secret grate or the sarcophagus, and a few new items that could peak our interest like Vyxnaar's Helm. But people still complained and they raised the XP requirement.

But in making those elite areas in PL, they also made the program so big that the new material we are getting now has to recycle maps and npcs, and people really don't like that.

So, I think it would be better to ask for one or two specific things, and try not to let SL become a game of kloodged code... it you know what I mean.
    Shakespeare your feed back is urgently needed here..

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...re-Fans-Thread