Thread: A Framework for New Honour Sets at Every Level Bracket

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default A Framework for New Honour Sets at Every Level Bracket

Recently, I have heard rumours that there may be a rework to the Honour PvP System for lower levels (i.e: not 100-10). Coming from someone who has twinked in low-level PvP for longer than the majority of the active low-level community, I thought I could give a decent framework on what these sets should entail. If this is to be implemented, I hope this is at least a good place to use as a reference, devs :]

Now, I believe something to note before we begin is that I do not think amulets and enchantments were of benefit to any level of PvP, and therefore, I won’t be including their stat adjustments in this framework at all.

I guess something you may be asking is: what exactly do you have planned, Dexteritys?

Well, I propose that each level bracket gets its own set of Honour PvP Gear. I think low-level PvP was fairly diverse and balanced in its prime. Also, I know a lot of people who really don’t want to cap because of the mammoth effort and plat it can require. It was never necessary to reach endgame for balanced PvP in the past, and I really can’t see why that changed at all (in terms of gameplay, I can obviously see why it was changed, and so can you).

I know this has been mentioned in the past by numerous others (myself included), but I never really saw a proper framework for stats and items to base these Honour Sets off of. This is what I plan on achieving with this thread.

Note: if this is implemented, the new honour gear should not be tradeable, as that would mean you can buy weapons with equivalent stats to campaign (and in some cases event) gear for much cheaper. I really can’t stress this enough. DO NOT FORGET TO MAKE THEM UNTRADEABLE. Similarly, it SHOULD NOT BE POSSIBLE TO PvE WHILE WEARING THIS GEAR AT ALL. Just like the L105 set.

Arena modifiers also need to be removed in the corresponding honour level ranges if this is to be implemented. I say level ranges because I think if this is implemented, no one will play elite levels, and hence, there will be no need for arena modifiers.

I suppose another thing to mention is that: if I have listed multiple honour sets for a class (e.g: Str Mage, Dex Mage), I mean that each of these lists should come as a different purchasable item pack in the store. E.g: For Level 56, there should be 3 sets in the mage section, one for str, one for dex, and one for int. Alternatively, the purchase of a Level Pack could just give you every single item listed for the level. Again, please don’t make these items tradeable, the economy would literally implode.

Also, in some cases (namely 45-61) I know it is sometimes better to use lower-level gear. I don’t think the system needs adjusting for this, as you can already wear 15 Honour sets in a L110 game. An example would be a L61 using a L60 Dex set. Mixing and matching pieces would also be great for Levels 40-56, as I know that was fairly common.

Where I have listed multiple in-slot items (e.g: weapon 1,2,&3), I would like the purchased item pack to give each individual item listed as part of its purchase. Not everyone wants to use a wand when they could use a staff, or a talon when they could use a recurve bow, etc etc.

I don’t know what the gear should look like, because if it is identical to the original campaign gear, it kind of defeats the purpose of collecting sets. Suggestions for this problem would be good, I don’t have any lol.

Those are the only realistic problems I can see happening with this gear. However, I probably missed a few issues it could cause here and there. If you think of something, let me know.

I am pretty sure I got the stats for rings wrong by +-1 here and there, if you for some reason remember all the stats, let me know where my mistakes are.

There are also a few level ranges where I am unsure of what to suggest, because I never played them, being: L10-24 Foxes and Rhinos; L40-49; and, anything post Level 61 i.e: 62+

If there are any adjustments that you think could be made, feel free to explain why below. I probably missed an OP set or something every now and then. And obviously, I need all the help I can get for L62+ :p

----------------------------------------

FAQ

Yes, I know this is almost never going to be implemented.

Yes, I was bored when I made this.

No, writing this only took me like 1 hour.

No, I don't have a life.

No, I don't think I know everything about this game.

Yes, you probably know more about X PvP Bracket than I do, that's why I am asking for feedback and suggestions.

No. forgotten bows, bone helms, marrow mantles, paws, reapers, and etc are not balanced. Have you see L25 paw mage? A L35 Reaper Dodge Cage Bear? Be glad you haven't - they're terrifyingly OP!

Yes, I spell honour like that.

Yes, I forgot the name of a lot of items.

Yes, some of these are copy-pasted - but only where you would literally use the same gear just on a different class.

No, I don't think this is the perfect solution either, there are obviously flaws. Though, better than elite PvP? Probably.

Yes, the economy will do three backflips and then implode if these items become tradeable - that's why I said not to do that in red.

No, I don't think the gear should look identical to the campaign drops. That defeats the purpose of farming.

-----------------------------------------

So, with that out of the way I guess we can begin?
    Last edited by Dexteritys; 03-18-2020 at 05:00 AM.
    raid that roach

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dexteritys For This Useful Post: