Thread: Does experience multipliers stack?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Default Does experience multipliers stack?

So I been trying to lvl up and I'm wondering if exp multipliers stack... If I counted up correctly and they do stack then x17 exp should be possible.
    X2 raging set
    X2 elite valinetine set
    X3 Zeke
    X3 daily blessing
    X5 exp elixer (have to activate before accepting daily blessing I THINK)
    X2 week long elixer

2+2+3+3+5+2=17 if it works...

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by P u r e View Post
    So I been trying to lvl up and I'm wondering if exp multipliers stack... If I counted up correctly and they do stack then x17 exp should be possible.
    X2 raging set
    X2 elite valinetine set
    X3 Zeke
    X3 daily blessing
    X5 exp elixer (have to activate before accepting daily blessing I THINK)
    X2 week long elixer

2+2+3+3+5+2=17 if it works...
    Question from a couple weeks back.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

The short answer to your question: Yes, they stack, but not in the way it would seem. The maximum amount of xp per kill is probably 18 xp per kill (there's possibly a better combination of items, in which case the maximum would be higher).

The longer answer:

I believe the above discord screenshot is misleading. It implies you cannot use multiple, different-valued xp elixirs simultaneously - which you most certainly can... if you activate them in the right order.

I still think multiplier is the wrong word to use for elixirs. Perhaps for overworld events, but we'll get to that soon.

Why do I say it's misleading?

Well, let's say you are going to get 1 xp per mob kill (a realistic example).

This means your base xp is 1. i.e: you get 1 xp every kill.

Now, let's assume you buy a 3x xp elixir. This certainly means you would get 3xp per kill: (1 base xp) + (2 bonus xp) = 3 total xp.

This is indeed triple your previous xp gain, but it was not a three times multiplier of your base xp. It's a subtle difference, but that's important to remember for later.

Now, imagine this was not true, and elixirs were in fact multipliers of your base xp. What do you think would happen if you then received a 2x Daily Blessing on top of your 3x elixir?

That would mean your total xp would be: 1 base xp * 3 xp elixir * 2 xp blessing = 6 xp. However, if you test this, you will notice you get 4 xp per kill.

How could it possibly be 4? Well, if you remember the subtle difference between addition and multiplication, you will get the correct result:

(1base xp) + (2 bonus xp) + (1 bonus xp) = 4 total xp.

As you can see, multiplier is definitely not the term to be using.

I guess the best way to describe it for any xp elixir is this:

Say you have an elixir that states it is a n-times xp elixir. In reality, this means you are now getting 1 base xp +(n-1) xp per kill. (Where n is any number. In PL's case, n would be anything from: {1,2,3,4,5}).

When using one elixir at a time, it does indeed look like an xp multiplier, but it is subtly different.

The only times your xp is multiplied, is during a double xp weekend, or with other overworld modifiers (full-party bonus, for example).

I believe pets and vanity bonuses add to your base xp, just like elixirs.

For example, a lumoinous lover's set (25% bonus) would give you (1 base xp + 0.25 bonus xp) = 1.25 xp

A pet that gives double xp in actuality gives you: (1base xp + 1 bonus xp) = 2 xp

I believe this is true because if they actually multiplied your total xp per kill, you could potentially be getting upwards of 38 xp per kill, which I have never seen nor recreated when trying. (Without Double-xp weekend)

Now that that is out of the way, one could begin asking about the maximum xp.

I believe the best possible combination of elixirs and items is as follows: full party in PvE, Zeke, Raging Set, 3x Daily Blessing, 5x xp elixir, week-long double xp elixir, and 4x thrasher. There's probably more I missed.

This means the maximum xp per kill could be: (1 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 1 + 3)*1.3 = 18.4 xp per kill.

If this was during a double xp weekend, the most possible could be: (18.4 total xp)*(2 bonus xp) = 36.8 xp = 37 xp (on screen).

Note: I don't think threat levels work the same as they used to, at least not from my testing.

If this was overly confusing, you may find these useful, too (I certainly did):

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...=Elixirs+stack

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...lixir-Stacking
    Last edited by Dexteritys; 03-19-2020 at 10:59 PM.
    raid that roach

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dexteritys For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dexteritys View Post
    The short answer to your question: Yes, they stack, but not in the way it would seem. The maximum amount of xp per kill is probably 18 xp per kill (there's possibly a better combination of items, in which case the maximum would be higher).

The longer answer:

I believe the above discord screenshot is misleading. It implies you cannot use multiple, different-valued xp elixirs simultaneously - which you most certainly can... if you activate them in the right order.

I still think multiplier is the wrong word to use for elixirs. Perhaps for overworld events, but we'll get to that soon.

Why do I say it's misleading?

Well, let's say you are going to get 1 xp per mob kill (a realistic example).

This means your base xp is 1. i.e: you get 1 xp every kill.

Now, let's assume you buy a 3x xp elixir. This certainly means you would get 3xp per kill: (1 base xp) + (2 bonus xp) = 3 total xp.

This is indeed triple your previous xp gain, but it was not a three times multiplier of your base xp. It's a subtle difference, but that's important to remember for later.

Now, imagine this was not true, and elixirs were in fact multipliers of your base xp. What do you think would happen if you then received a 2x Daily Blessing on top of your 3x elixir?

That would mean your total xp would be: 1 base xp * 3 xp elixir * 2 xp blessing = 6 xp. However, if you test this, you will notice you get 4 xp per kill.

How could it possibly be 4? Well, if you remember the subtle difference between addition and multiplication, you will get the correct result:

(1base xp) + (2 bonus xp) + (1 bonus xp) = 4 total xp.

As you can see, multiplier is definitely not the term to be using.

I guess the best way to describe it for any xp elixir is this:

Say you have an elixir that states it is a n-times xp elixir. In reality, this means you are now getting 1 base xp +(n-1) xp per kill. (Where n is any number. In PL's case, n would be anything from: {1,2,3,4,5}).

When using one elixir at a time, it does indeed look like an xp multiplier, but it is subtly different.

The only times your xp is multiplied, is during a double xp weekend, or with other overworld modifiers (full-party bonus, for example).

I believe pets and vanity bonuses add to your base xp, just like elixirs.

For example, a lumoinous lover's set (25% bonus) would give you (1 base xp + 0.25 bonus xp) = 1.25 xp

A pet that gives double xp in actuality gives you: (1base xp + 1 bonus xp) = 2 xp

I believe this is true because if they actually multiplied your total xp per kill, you could potentially be getting upwards of 38 xp per kill, which I have never seen nor recreated when trying. (Without Double-xp weekend)

Now that that is out of the way, one could begin asking about the maximum xp.

I believe the best possible combination of elixirs and items is as follows: full party in PvE, Zeke, Raging Set, 3x Daily Blessing, 5x xp elixir, week-long double xp elixir, and 4x thrasher. There's probably more I missed.

This means the maximum xp per kill could be: (1 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 4 + 1 + 3)*1.3 = 18.4 xp per kill.

If this was during a double xp weekend, the most possible could be: (18.4 total xp)*(2 bonus xp) = 36.8 xp = 37 xp (on screen).

Note: I don't think threat levels work the same as they used to, at least not from my testing.

If this was overly confusing, you may find these useful, too (I certainly did):

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...=Elixirs+stack

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...lixir-Stacking
    Omg totally useful response. I don't usually give a thank on threads but you totally deserve this one. Thank you so much for your post!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by P u r e View Post
    Omg totally useful response. I don't usually give a thank on threads but you totally deserve this one. Thank you so much for your post!!!!
    I hope it helped :]
    raid that roach