Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reduce/Remove Points from Eggs - Easter Event

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Default Reduce/Remove Points from Eggs - Easter Event

This year removing or reducing the points given from eggs should be considered. The LB doesn't have any meaning otherwise. Its just an arena for the rich without giving anyone else a chance. Considering the backpack from this event is one of the most sought out items, everyone should have an equal chance at it; not just depending upon how much gold you have or had during or before the event.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fightbeast For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

-1, how about those who just want plat tier rewards at many chars
    You already have a lot of events where u need grind one boring map and cant simple "buy LB", thats enough, let this event stay as it is
    Even if you are poor for this LB, its more interesting to farm where and how u want (or merch or idk how u make gold) to buy LB, than grinding one boring event location 1000runs/day
    Last edited by reyals; 03-22-2020 at 05:05 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

The points required for the platinum isn't much, well at least it was not until last year. Buying an Lb, the concept itself is wrong. Being rich helps, of course it does; but it should not mean everything. And events are created for that very reason, to grind. And when aiming for lb you have to do the very same thing a thousand times. Its tiring, I get it but that's what gives the LB its meaning; not sitting at your Tavern opening eggs to secure your position. That way you dont even have to run the event map even once. The very idea is ridiculous.
    And just clarifying I dont make this post for myself. In fact it would be beneficial for me to have points in the eggs, makes my LB easier if I do plan to 'run' or should I say stay afk in my guild hall opening eggs. It is for the players who actually play events and lb for the thrill and excitement of getting the rewards after a week or two of hard work. You make more friends running with people during these events too. I for one always have. If you cut all of that out then its better not to have an LB for this event at all. Plain points tiers will suffice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

agree

/11chars

Arcane Legends Since 2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,062 Posts

We should at least have 1 event that requires lots of gold.. If Easter was not a lb event then all of the eggs would be dirt cheap, which would mess up the economy.
    We have swamp temple for op players and egg event for rich players. Come on, we have one event while you runners have like 20 events.
    These are the only 2 events that rich players and OP players have a chance to get on lb on. Most of us work irl and do not have a life where we are on a video game 24 hours a day 7 days a week running the same map over and over and over for ever.

This event is for filling up your stashel, letting rich players get a lb spot, letting poor players make a lot of gold because: poor sell the eggs then the rich buy the eggs. You have no lb then eggs will be 100g each and there would be no profit to be made from.
    Make a list of cons and pros and compare them. I don't see any cons, mostly pros. 1 Rich get to spend their gold and make lb on an event that does not require 99999 runs and hours, 2 poor people make loads of gold.
    Last edited by Encryptions; 03-23-2020 at 10:09 PM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Since players can simply buy their way into Easter Leaderboards perhaps a reward system for event boss kills might make the runners happy, this way players can differentiate between those who bought points and those who ran.

Example:
    •50 boss kills- Wabbit Hunter title
    •150 boss kills- Banner or back vanity (Event themed)
    •300 boss kills- 1 Heroic egg crate (Chance to get any Heroic egg), House trophy

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snowman Is here For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Firstly, if you have to abuse to get your point across, I wont have a problem reporting you. Which I already did. Also you didn't put any point across actually; you just said some nonsensical thing, that's it.
    Second to Encryptions, eggs wont be dirt cheap. I have run this event multiple years when it was not LB based and eggs still went for a lot. How will it ruin economy? Dont throw words around. Also all events are designed for the rich and 'OP' players. The rest have to just work harder to get their goal. And here I am not even saying the rich and the 'OP' didnt work hard themselves to reach where they are. But it is not the same for everyone. People have real life work, I get it. Many a times I have secured my position running in between the time I have. I have even secured #1 position that way, its all about if you can put in the effort at the end of the day. If you make it a one sided battle no one will want to fight except the ones who already can. And dont just assume that the 'poor' ( I hate how you term this word though, as if you are better than the ones who dont have as much gold as you do) players dont want to run LB, but just because they cant compete in the same manner as the ones who have more gold, they tend to give up because it will be disappointing at the end of the day. Literally everyone I know wants that backpack for its uniqueness.

On a side note I ll like to clarify that dont ever think being geared is equal to being OP, since people like to throw that word around too. OP includes being skilled enough to use everything at your disposal. While being geared just means you have the gold and means to buy all the latest gears. So if you think some people are OP, think again.
    Last edited by Fightbeast; 03-23-2020 at 07:28 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman Is here View Post
    Since players can simply buy their way into Easter Leaderboards perhaps a reward system for event boss kills might make the runners happy, this way players can differentiate between those who bought points and those who ran.

Example:
    •50 boss kills- Wabbit Hunter title
    •150 boss kills- Banner or back vanity (Event themed)
    •300 boss kills- 1 Heroic egg crate (Chance to get any Heroic egg), House trophy
    I like this idea. Although more boss kills should be required. Hope the devs notice this. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,062 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fightbeast View Post
    Firstly, if you have to abuse to get your point across, I wont have a problem reporting you. Which I already did. Also you didn't put any point across actually; you just said some nonsensical thing, that's it.
    Abuse what? Also false report?
    False report me because I just don't think the idea would be good?
    I'm just trying to help you understand that if there is no lb event then eggs will plummet in price due to lb players not buying thousands of them which means this (Quantity > Demand) eggs will lose value and no one will profit from this event, this event would not be fun, it would be useless.
    Last edited by Encryptions; 03-23-2020 at 10:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Agree on reducing points towards the egg.
    Disagree on removing points towards the egg
    In addition, increase points on destroying machines

This way egg won't lose value (especially blue and green)

Edit:
    I want low level and newbies to have something.
    Only this event can help them make ton of golds
    Last edited by Jairus980; 03-24-2020 at 12:29 AM.
    IGN: Jairrus
    Character: Warrior (always)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

I never understood the point of Easter lb. People do have work in real life, true, but I also know people who have secured top positions amidst their busy schedules. In leaderboards where one is to run run run, the players who spend gold on kits also do make a legimate effort by actually running the event. In contrast, Easter lb you just buy your way into it but making no actual effort. It totally undermines the very concept of having a leaderboard. If anyone remembers.. when the 76 cap was out and some bought their way in for the badge by buying XP kits and a lot of people were unhappy with it? It's the same issue in two different contexts.
    I like snowman's idea. Adding to solution, if points aren't removed, why can't it be changed into 'chance to loot points' from the eggs. Chance factor shouldn't be too high or too low, just enough to keep everyone going, instead of having a guaranteed point for each egg. That way it will pose a challenge to the leaderboard buyers imo
    Last edited by Bundlos; 03-24-2020 at 01:24 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Abuse what? Also false report?
    False report me because I just don't think the idea would be good?
    I'm just trying to help you understand that if there is no lb event then eggs will plummet in price due to lb players not buying thousands of them which means this (Quantity > Demand) eggs will lose value and no one will profit from this event, this event would not be fun, it would be useless.
    Dont jump the gun, the first line was not for you. I started the second line addressing you.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

+1 to snowman's idea and for this article that clearly wants equality for everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Guys keep yours eyes opened.if this stupid idea start implemented in easter event...easter event is died..r.i.p

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    417 Posts

Leave this event as it is!

You all know this event come back once a year, i know people who play the game all year to save gold especially for this event, even then they are not sure to stay on LB as so many people want those jetpack

I have been able to get on top 10 lb 2 years ago, by running the event and by spending all my gold and selling almost all my tavern and vanity, no it was not easy at all, been rushing and stressing until the last minute!!!

and last year i took it relax and made tons of gold and ankh and respec scroll etc.. by just running the event, so stop trying to change this awesome event, everyone can get something good from it

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PatD For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Two years ago was not as hard as it was last year. And last year wont be as hard as it will be this year if we keep it the same way as it was. The rich have always gotten richer. Rest are still struggling to catch up. And they will too someday but then they ll have to look out for people who will be catching up then. If we keep the event and the points from eggs as it is then we are cutting off the majority of AL population from trying to reach the LB. Why?! Because we feel we are entitled to everything just because we have the means to do so. When you say everyone can get something good from it, including what Encryptions said about 'poor' people can get gold out of it; its like you are patronizing them. You think the ones who have gold deserve the LB but its not all too bad because the ones who weren't able to make it to LB because they were 'poor'; at least they made some gold out of it.
    LBs shouldn't ever be made in such a way that you can buy your way in. Events in all games are designed so that people fight their way to glory within the scope of the event. Gold or currency will help of course but if it is all that matters then why hold a LB? It was better off when there was no LB for this event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Egg event was for the ones paying most. Temple event for ones with best gear and all other events for the ones with most time.
    I dont think its good to change it, many are happy that at least one lb works like this.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Many are also unhappy that this lb works like this. But both parties arent showing statistics here.
    My point is simple. Make this a fair competition. Tomorrow another event will be changed and the rich folks of the game will be given a better hand and the same rich people will want to continue it because it is them that is reaping the benefits. And truth be told all events and the game prefer the rich, as it should be, one who invests the most should be given an upper hand. But it should never completely annihilate the rest of the vast majority. Once you do that you lose a major chunk of what makes the game a fun space to be in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    417 Posts

You seem to don't understand that some people are running this event almost for 1 year to get on lb, not because they dont run the event map that they dont run for this event by grinding anyway to get there, and when thos people pay 150m gold to get on lb, who get that 150m? it is the player who decide to dont run for lb and sell there eggs who get it, so this is why i say everybody can get something good out of this event, the people that you naming "rich" are very often people who are not lazy and earn their gold by playing all year long!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I didnt start naming 'rich', it was one of your fellow supporters for the idea; thus I used it in speaking in the context.
    And by your reference then every event should be like this. All event LB should be held outside the actual event. People can farm outside the event and win outside the event.
    You save a billion that is alright, you can spend it in running the event. Not staying out of the map making your way to the top of the LB. I understand fully well what you mean; its just you who doesn't understand that it shouldn't have ever been made that way. Its a good event. Always has been. Everyone made gold from running it even before the LB came in two years ago. And please dont preach about laziness here. Its ironic you speaking about not being lazy by suggesting the event be won by being lazy.