Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Proc effect and buff staying after weapon has been switched

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Question Proc effect and buff staying after weapon has been switched

Is it intentional that the proc of a weapon remains after the weapon has been switched? Its allowing multiple procs to be stacked at once, making e.g. The warrior class completely invincible in pvp at the same time as having the damage output of two rogues. The hotbar promotes this but obviously you wouldn't remove the hotbar. Could you just make it so the proc is removed the instant the item is switched?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Yes it is intentional

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

+1.

/11chars.

Edit: If it is intentional, then they should definitely have a second look at that.
    Retired

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

why is it only about weapons? make it general about all gears, not only weaps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

imo this is logical,

if you throw an arrow and switch to your dagger, will the arrow disappear?

If you throw a grenade and switch to your gun, will the grenade disappear?

so it only make sense that if you apply a proc, the proc will act as it is supposed even if you switch gear, well this is my opinion, maybe i'm wrong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    imo this is logical,

if you throw an arrow and switch to your dagger, will the arrow disappear?

If you throw a grenade and switch to your gun, will the grenade disappear?

so it only make sense that if you apply a proc, the proc will act as it is supposed even if you switch gear, well this is my opinion, maybe i'm wrong
    It's just a game with lots of fantasy and stuff. If such things helps balance PvP, then I would say it's worth going for it, at least in PvP zones.
    Retired

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,872 Posts

It's not intentional - will likely change to strip proc buffs when items are unequipped.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    Is it intentional that the proc of a weapon remains after the weapon has been switched? Its allowing multiple procs to be stacked at once, making e.g. The warrior class completely invincible in pvp at the same time as having the damage output of two rogues. The hotbar promotes this but obviously you wouldn't remove the hotbar. Could you just make it so the proc is removed the instant the item is switched?
    If this is going to effect Pve -1000

The Warrior Class is completely invincible in Pvp? Really... Monkey lol? Sure I been retired since Lvl 71 Cap...But I been following and watching your guys Lvl 76 Pvp Vids(Purge). Now how come I see Tanks dying left and right in these Vids if their so invincible?

Listen I'm not going to get into this because this is not the forum section. Sorry Futu...But... Devs please take into deep consideration how much this will effect Pve and Pvp. How much this is going to ruin Pve by having Procs instant stop after Weps being switched. I'm not even going to get into Weps and etc.

Also Devs please take into consideration every 2-3 Weeks these Rogues come on these forums making these Cry Nerf threads...And I'm not even being funny about this! This is the only class that comes on here complaining to ruin the rest of the classes gaming experience. Like this is seriously getting out of hand!

Lol nvm GG!
    Last edited by Fearrr; 03-25-2020 at 10:04 AM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fearrr For This Useful Post:

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,872 Posts

We'll see what Cinco wants to do with it, but to me it seems like you shouldn't get continued buffs from something you no longer have equipped.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    We'll see what Cinco wants to do with it, but to me it seems like you shouldn't get continued buffs from something you no longer have equipped.
    I use Warrior class in game all the time, and this will make warriors way weaker in PvP, but I believe this is a good step forward to balancing stuff. However, although I probably don't know how 80% of the game works, I believe you might have to re-balance PvP a bit more once that "bug" is fixed, since warriors will be significantly weaker in PvP without procs overlapping.
    Retired

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

The best option is to remove the procs when the associated equipment is removed - so that all classes' opportunity to exploit multiple effect stacks is eliminated.

Other options would be to disallow gear swapping in PVP all together, to add a fixed cooldown period for gear swapping, or to disallow gear swapping while a proc effect is active. All of these also address the issue but I think they'd be a lot less fun.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

I see, that rogue is unhappy and talking about PvP, but just to be sure:
    When you decide to make changes in procs for PvP, don´t touch PvE.

Warriors without proc are just piece of wood in PvE, we will struggle to fight even minions and everything will go back to dark times, when 4x rogue teams were best to play on each harder map. Now, finally after long, long, long, long time i am having a lot of fun with my warrior in PvE. So, please take in consideration PvE aspect, when you can "ruin" (such a bad word) playing experience for every single warrior.
    Thanks

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marosok For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    The best option is to remove the procs when the associated equipment is removed - so that all classes' opportunity to exploit multiple effect stacks is eliminated.

Other options would be to disallow gear swapping in PVP all together, to add a fixed cooldown period for gear swapping, or to disallow gear swapping while a proc effect is active. All of these also address the issue but I think they'd be a lot less fun.
    Disallowing or adding heavy cooldowns for gear swaps in PvP would be the best solution. Since PvE we all work together, and getting stronger by swapping gears doesn't hurt any of us, being able to do that doesn't hurt anyone. Furthermore, warriors would be quite bad in PvE if gear swaps wouldn't be allowed.
    Retired

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,150 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marosok View Post

Warriors without proc are just piece of wood in PvE, we will struggle to fight even minions and everything will go back to dark times, when 4x rogue teams were best to play on each harder map. Now, finally after long, long, long, long time i am having a lot of fun with my warrior in PvE. So, please take in consideration PvE aspect, when you can "ruin" (such a bad word) playing experience for every single warrior.
    Thanks
    I realize that most respondents will think that this is somehow about classes - but it's not. It is about a system that should either have a static or a dynamic cool-down (or not exist at all in certain contexts). The emergence of a multiple proc strategy for any class is not intended and thus it will be changed.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

I realize that most respondents will think that this is somehow about classes - but it's not. It is about a system that should either have a static or a dynamic cool-down (or not exist at all in certain contexts). The emergence of a multiple proc strategy for any class is not intended and thus it will be changed.
    Allright, i am done. Thank You!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks
    +1 for Marosok

Rogs are smart if u remove in pvp = u remove in pve too
    Rogs if u like warriors multiprocs there is simple solution create ur own warrior if its so OP like u saying and dont cry about it on forum, i play rog from start of AL. And when i saw warriors op procs i create it. U can do it too didnt see any problem (If ure OP rog on pvp u can be OP warrior in pvp too, if no ur only crap). All rog want only farm all in PVP like till now, and now when they are farmed and counting their deaths in pvp they again cry here.
    STS messege for u-DONT FORGOT TRY KILL ONE MOB WITH WARRIOR AND ONE WITH ROGUE WITHOUT PROCS (If u dont want try it i will tell u rog=1 combo war=20skills)

So If they cry about PVP as always - DELETE multiprocs in PVP but, Dont touch on PVE (U can check Infested or Hydra LB who is actually most powerfull class in pve, still its Rogs for bosses but they are still crying)
    Ty
    Last edited by Jakub Endl; 03-25-2020 at 09:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

So that mean that if i want use dream sword to pull mob, i will have to wait for a cd before get back on my main weapon?? no please, not in PVE at least

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks
    +1
    It's same for me.
    Im not getting fun to play this game before new weap + proc. Rogue is the best class in all map, now war in elite gate just, change pvp proc not pve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

i just hope you are talking about PVP only? right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

I agree with the few others about it badly affecting warriors in pve. Most of us strategize which loadouts to swap to due to their procs, making us more progressive in endgame pve zones. If swapping is an issue mainly for pvp then you should only fix it for pvp.

I suggest not allowing gear swaps in pvp zones until a player is dead or before each match begins. That way it allows for a more strategic gameplay for each player/class in pvp. All in all please do not fix what isn’t broken, thanks.