Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [CONTEST] The Official Arlor Tavern Crawl | WINNERS

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hi all, I regret to hear that so many of you felt that the contest was not worth doing. I tried to be clear in the rules that platinum would be awarded randomly, and that awards would be just for fun. That way, anyone who participated knew that they were doing so for fun, and possibly plat.

I chose to do it this way because we’ve had feedback in the past worried about us playing favorites or putting monetary value on our subjective opinions of who did best.

However, your feedback is strongly noted and I will definitely take it into consideration for the next contest. Many thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    and please specify next that it is a lottery and not a decoration contest... Ty
    Hi all I think we all made mistakes in this event. Remiem did say at the outset that the plat reword and vanity would be given for random. I personally made the mistake of thinking winning in one of the categories like most creative or most luxurious meant that you would get that tittle in game to display. to show you took part and did the event like most events in game that was a mistake on my part. it was one of the reasons I ran To be honest and I think a lot of players made that assumption as well. in the outset if the players just wanted the plat and vanity reword they could of just posted a pick of a wall or anything to enter into the raffle. The name of the event was deceptive in that part but that being said if everyone new that on the outset I don't think the event would of gone The way it did. There would of been a lot more pictures of random walls and so on and no one would of spent the time and effort to get involved and actual do up there houses. But saying that because it went the way it did we got to see some amazing creativity. I mean guys some of your builds were amazing I was taken away. I often was thinking why didn't I think of that . So congrats to you all. for future events it would be nice to see prizes like most leaderboreds like tittles banners badges E.T.C. lets not give up on building those amazing houses I hope to see more soon. I may do something for Easter as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hi all, I regret to hear that so many of you felt that the contest was not worth doing. I tried to be clear in the rules that platinum would be awarded randomly, and that awards would be just for fun. That way, anyone who participated knew that they were doing so for fun, and possibly plat.

I chose to do it this way because we’ve had feedback in the past worried about us playing favorites or putting monetary value on our subjective opinions of who did best.

However, your feedback is strongly noted and I will definitely take it into consideration for the next contest. Many thanks!
    I get the whole randomization keeps it fair without any drama, but a way to work around what just happened is to disqualify those that dont keep up with the theme and randomly select from those who actually followed it. Last time we had a similar contest was during halloween and the same s*** happened for a few. Except not many really complained much about it lol. Nevertheless its sad to see people come up with creative ideas and and win just "bragging rights" thats forgotten 2 days later if not for even less.
    meep meep

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaprisha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Look at me spending 400slots, crating something different from the others. I not acc pt farm from people. Spent a lot time. And i lost
    I swear i will never enter the contest again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kagome For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Lmao knowing the winners will be randomly awarded is very stupid.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kagome View Post

Look at me spending 400slots, crating something different from the others. I not acc pt farm from people. Spent a lot time. And i lost

Dam thats soo good

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kagome View Post

That's dope, but we knew pretty damn well that winners will be picked randomly. I still think it's better to pick winners randomly because if we decide based on how much we spend, then winning something like 250 Plat will not be worth it.

The only real issue here is not disqualifying those who break the rules. The competition being unfair for those who followed the rules, advantage for those who break the rules.
    Retired

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post: