Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: No More Man Rules :(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

lol!!!! Will it be ironic, or poetic, when the "No More Man Rules" thread gets locked?!?!

MimeRifle-Comm/40 | Radaroreilly-Eng/40
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." G.B. Shaw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

I was laughing so hard at the triple shake..

Girl rule:

1. I will get scared and probably call you out if you sit at the stall next to me when there's 10 of them,

Bow Down to a Goddess 👑

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Here is what I know as the number-one girl rule.

NEVER LIE TO A WOMAN. Next to cheating, it's probably the worst thing you can do.

However, when being asked a "no-win" question (for example, Does this dress make me look fat?), the best response is to answer the question with a question ("Do you think that dress brings out your eyes?").

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bronxman2012 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxman2012 View Post
    Snakespeare writes:

"In my opinion, not criticizing anyone in particular, I feel that "Man Rules" are insulting. Just look at the first one that implies you are less of a man for bathing instead of taking a shower."

I was not implying that at all. I was stating it, as fact. Real men do not take baths. And this is a moot point because you don't take baths.

Also, the India angle is stereotypical. I've been to India, and I don't recall seeing people bathing in rivers. Last year, I taught a course in Bangalore, and stayed in a hotel, where yes, there was a shower. You should stop watching Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom as your historical reference.
    Yes, I own and use my Jacuzzi.

So, did your shower have a timer as I stated, or did you not read that part?!?!

You don't see your posts as offensive, I guess. Oh well, I guess it's a matter of perspective.

p.s. You asked how someone could find it offensive and I tried to answer, so instead of arguing, why not think about the reply? But if all you are trying to do is get a bunch of us to say the devs should not have locked your thread, then I'm out anyway.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 01-23-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Well that explains the thread locks... not everyone has the same redneck brand of humor!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Fine line, it seems, between "bathroom humor" (aka guy humor) and inciting a riot....

MimeRifle-Comm/40 | Radaroreilly-Eng/40
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." G.B. Shaw

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MimeRifle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Here is what I know as the number-one girl rule.

NEVER LIE TO A WOMAN. Next to cheating, it's probably the worst thing you can do.

However, when being asked a "no-win" question (for example, Does this dress make me look fat?), the best response is to answer the question with a question ("Do you think that dress brings out your eyes?").
    That's brilliant. I never thought of that! LOL! Nice out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Darkfader writes:

"Please keep private conversations private. You are not permitted to publicize any private correspondence without permission. As such, warnings and bans are not to be discussed on the forum. Such matters shall remain private between Spacetime Studios and the user. Questions or comments concerning warnings and bans will be conveyed through e-mail or private messaging. Likewise, discussions regarding moderator actions are not permitted on the forum. If you have questions regarding a post or thread that has been removed or subject to other moderation, please contact a moderator to discuss it."

I agree with this 100%. However, here is what I wrote:

"Unfortunately, the developers and administrators have decided that Man Rules are inappropriate for this forum, as there are women and children who peruse through the various posts that make up this forum. And so, there will be no more Man Rules of the Week."

I never said that they contacted me with this information, merely that this was decided. I wrote this based on the previous post being locked, and the reason for this being that women and children may feel that to be inappropriate. Have the admins and devs contacted me? Yep, but there was nothing concerning a ban or warning. Thus, I have not violated any rules.

All kidding aside, if what I wrote offended anyone, I apologize. After all, manning up and apologizing is part of man rules.
    If you 100% agree, please read again last sentence of quote I posted.
    " If you have questions regarding a post or thread that has been removed or subject to other moderation, please contact a moderator to discuss it."
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Dude Bronx I'm with ya 100% on these rules, but what if one of the forum goers is gay? That would be kinda crappy to get on here to talk with people, then see this stuff. Man rules are a given, if anyone has a question on whether what they are doing is manly enough please consult either myself, Bronx, or a sparkling pony, seeing as they are the manliest of all.

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #30
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

At the end of the day, rule #14 covers the entirety of the forums:

14. Proprietary forums.
    The Spacetime Studios Community is a private message forum. All message board content is allowed at the discretion of Spacetime Studios. Spacetime Studios reserves the right to remove any message board content at will without notice for any reason.
    While we understand that no one likes to feel censorship. However, there are topics and discussion we don't feel is appropriate for the Spacetime Studios forums, or topics that spark discussion that isn't appropriate. The Man Rules idea is a fun one, however such topics can quickly devolve into penile references, for example. Typically, we will take issue with whoever derails a thread in such a manner, rather than the original poster. However, given the many ways in which Man Rules could go astray, it was deemed better to shut them down.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.
    Last edited by Samhayne; 01-24-2012 at 12:44 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com