Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Vpn Ping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Default Vpn Ping

I tried using so many countries VPN but my ping either suddenly spikes and disconnects or remains same laggy as it always is. Which country VPN server would be best for ping? I tried using 1.1.1.1 Cloudfare Vpn as recommended by Futumsh too but my ping remains same or suddenly spikes to 100k

ʏᴏᴜᴛᴜʙᴇ- ᴘʀᴀʙsɪᴍᴀʀ ᴄʜʜᴀʙʀᴀ ✓

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prabsimar Chhabra View Post
    I tried using so many countries VPN but my ping either suddenly spikes and disconnects or remains same laggy as it always is. Which country VPN server would be best for ping? I tried using 1.1.1.1 Cloudfare Vpn as recommended by Futumsh too but my ping remains same or suddenly spikes to 100k

1.1.1.1 is DNS...its just used for translation of your web requests. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 belong too google which are better for online games in general. And talking about vpn's some of then have dedicated servers for p2p and gaming. Ask their customer care for the appropriate server list.

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prabsimar Chhabra View Post
    Most VPN providers are VPN to the server you've chosen, and normal traffic from there to destination, so generally speaking:
    * If your issues are due to network corruption, a VPN endpoint near to the US east coast would probably do best for you.
    * If your issues are due to poor routing or traffic going through overly congested routes, best endpoint is one that goes the least out of the way for your traffic while still going around wherever the routing issues are.
    * If you have neither corruption nor routing issues, either a VPN endpoint near to you, or near to the US east coast would probably do best, though you probably don't need a VPN at all.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post:

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eatdamage View Post
    1.1.1.1 is DNS...its just used for translation of your web requests. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 belong too google which are better for online games in general. And talking about vpn's some of then have dedicated servers for p2p and gaming. Ask their customer care for the appropriate server list.
    1.1.1.1 Warp is Cloudflare's VPN (VPN to their nearest edge servers, normal traffic from there to destination), and they have a paid version (Warp+) that routes traffic over their backbone from there instead of the Internet at large.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    1.1.1.1 Warp is Cloudflare's VPN (VPN to their nearest edge servers, normal traffic from there to destination), and they have a paid version (Warp+) that routes traffic over their backbone from there instead of the Internet at large.
    They using 1.1.1.1 warp as the name for their VPN? Hopefully they dont put 1.1.1.1 in front of their every forthcoming product...tired of apple putting an 'i' in everything they make.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    Most VPN providers are VPN to the server you've chosen, and normal traffic from there to destination, so generally speaking:
    * If your issues are due to network corruption, a VPN endpoint near to the US east coast would probably do best for you.
    * If your issues are due to poor routing or traffic going through overly congested routes, best endpoint is one that goes the least out of the way for your traffic while still going around wherever the routing issues are.
    * If you have neither corruption nor routing issues, either a VPN endpoint near to you, or near to the US east coast would probably do best, though you probably don't need a VPN at all.
    Thank you so much for detailed answer!