Thread: Request for Honor Gear Specific Maps (lv. 100, 105 gear)

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Default Request for Honor Gear Specific Maps (lv. 100, 105 gear)

Hello everyone!

I would like to request that honor PvP maps be differentiated between level 100 honor gear and the elite, level 105 honor gear. As of right now, honor maps enable anyone to freely join with either of these sets.

Obviously, 105 elite honor gear is overwhelmingly superior to 100 honor gear. Honor PvP is a hot commodity garnering lots of recent attraction (whether it be tournaments or for fun). From my humble experience and perspective, the vast majority of PvPers opt to use 100 honor gear simply because it adopts a more familiar, balanced, and speedy level of gameplay.

Lately, there's been a surge of players entering games using 105 elite honor gear to overpower those using 100 honor gear (yes, the toxic ones). I know I speak for many who would like to see honor maps specifically for 100 and 105 honor gear.

I hope this is something STS will consider to implement, because otherwise, it could potentially deter a lot of the PvP activity that we've only just begun enjoying. Locking games isn't really an adequate solution since players enjoy the freedom of swiftly entering open games.

~Ghost

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

This 100% needs to happen.

105 Honor sets can 1 shot the 100 Honor sets, and me along with many other players prefer the 100 Honor set for 1v1s, FFA’s, etc. so this would be a very nice addition to avoid players joining just to boost kills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Thanks for writing up the post. Since returning, I have also had many experiences where players would join and rush with L105 honor sets in games where other players prefer to use the L100 honor gear.

The host is not always present and thus kicking the player is not always an option. Heading to town just to switch from the L100 honor set to the L105 honor set for these players or leaving the game and continuously joining another is annoying and is exactly what some of these players who continuously rush L100 honor players with the L105 honor sets want.

To have Honor gear specific maps (either L100 or L105) creates a much better experience for players in PvP and CTF without the above hassle and prevents mistakenly using an unfair set without being aware of it as well!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

May i suggest adding more map options for honors as well as what is suggested in this thread i think it really needs to happen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Yes good idea ghost ive been meaning to write up a thread aswell 100% support this gets so annoying..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

May i suggest using 105 honor set if that happens or maybe kicking the "toxic" player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzling View Post
    May i suggest using 105 honor set if that happens or maybe kicking the "toxic" player.
    My response above already addresses this.

"The host is not always present and thus kicking the player is not always an option. Heading to town just to switch from the L100 honor set to the L105 honor set for these players or leaving the game and continuously joining another is annoying and is exactly what some of these players who continuously rush L100 honor players with the L105 honor sets want."

I wish I could suggest these toxic players using L105 honor sets to simply not rush those in L100 honor gear, but rather create their own L105 honor games and politely ask to make sure others have the correct leveled sets.

Unfortunately, this is not a perfect world and unless there are Honor gear specific maps, there will always be this hassle and there will always be toxic players to ruin PvP or CTF for others in some shape or form.