Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lvl75 cap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Default Lvl75 cap

I made another thread about this a while back, but i thought of more ideas.
    So humania will make a 71 elite cap thus completeing the elite vanity set(unless ur one of the lucky ones with a vanity weapon slot)
    But it would be cool to cap off at 75 after that, it would eliminate the elite lvl thus reducing plat spent. BUT i thought 71-72 could be 20k xp, 72-73=30k, 73-74=40k, and to 75 50k xp. I think that would encourage elixir use. And as an incentive to reach it, make an elite 77 dungeon (since u can join to lvls below. Like the old frozen nightmares that disabled potions it would be awesome if elixirs were disabled here, and along with the stronger enemies the dungeon should require more skill and teamwork. Just some ideas that i think would be AMAZING, thanks for reading(hopefully some devs )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Unfortunately, they've already said before (I believe?) that they're going to recycle the slots. For instance, if Humania gives a vanity pet, the 75 cap will give a helm again, so those who complain about the "not being there" for the original helm still have hope.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

If they make it that hard... most people would stop leveling... and more people would quit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

i made a suggestion on how to change the xp system for the future, but spreading out the one "elite level" over 5 seems interesting. as soon as lv75 areas came out however, you suddenly have players all the more likely to get bored soon.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

So when is this lv cap coming? I know it got pushed farther because dark legends correct? I'm hoping I can hit 66 be4 it comes... I'm 50k in

As for the vanity thing, guess they will make new helms once they finish this set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

I know they would repeat the elite vanities, but hoping for a break after the first complete set. If they intensify the dungeons and dont have elixers it would make ppl get bored less quickly. I know they need the plat from runs with elixers so they probably wont do the elite dungeon, although since it is not a main spine area it could be like 20+ plat. Its just that the availability of elixirs has ruined the challenge of the game, like when the shadow caves first came out, although straregy wasnt needed it still was intensely awesome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    But it would be cool to cap off at 75 after that, it would eliminate the elite lvl thus reducing plat spent.
    For some reason I don't think this is the direction STS wants to go.

In fact, any place that is an "elixir free zone" is probably not in the interest of STS.

I know they would repeat the elite vanities, but hoping for a break after the first complete set. If they intensify the dungeons and dont have elixers it would make ppl get bored less quickly. I know they need the plat from runs with elixers so they probably wont do the elite dungeon, although since it is not a main spine area it could be like 20+ plat. Its just that the availability of elixirs has ruined the challenge of the game, like when the shadow caves first came out, although straregy wasnt needed it still was intensely awesome
    I dunno, I've run in PLENTY of non-elixired teams in the last few weeks. There are plenty of games out there.
    Last edited by Rare; 01-25-2012 at 03:49 PM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie:549682
    I dunno, I've run in PLENTY of non-elixired teams in the last few weeks. There are plenty of games out there.
    True, i have joined many of these, unfortunately the large majority of those that i have found consist of scatter bears, mages that only use heal for themselves(even had one that didnt know how to revive), and birds that think it's their job to tank the boss as they rush ahead. As said previously this is not always the case, but all of the good players i know (friends and guildies) use elixirs. The fact that they are available makes them a large temptation as i often use them. I know sts would not want to give up elixirs, but i could see the original sts i knew when i first joined adding a feature like this. One of the main reasons i bring all of this up is from talk to many of my friends that play WoW. I started PL because it was free and fun, i gladly spent money on it cuz it was a good game, but now it is becoming too slow the maps are short and the drops are scarce. The one way to get good items: luck. Honestly i think more skill should be involved. Maybe its just me, but i liked when it took my team a half hour the get through a shadow cave to get a pink.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Umm, I'd be sad. The more campaigns the better and I'm pretty sure level 101 is supposed to be cap.

Also, the level cap as it grows should significantly rise. Any game worth reaching the maximum level takes time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX:549921
    Umm, I'd be sad. The more campaigns the better and I'm pretty sure level 101 is supposed to be cap.

Also, the level cap as it grows should significantly rise. Any game worth reaching the maximum level takes time.
    PL is not gonna stop at 101, that would mean loss of plat sales

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

PL is not gonna stop at 101, that would mean loss of plat sales
    Unless they started making elite maps for level 100 that give different/better drops, but no more levels?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

STS has everything PLANNED until 101, doesnt necessarily mean its the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Sts wont stop elite lvls its their biggest money maker, i just was a hoping for a pause.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    STS has everything PLANNED until 101, doesnt necessarily mean its the end.
    Ok that's fair, but the developers only have a certain amount of space to hold all of the memory in the game. If they went too far from the cap being 101 the game would override and crash and a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post

I haven't played other MMOs... but does the XP gain correlate? Or in those other games do you get more experience per kill at higher levels.

For me, this doesn't make much sense. Theoretically, at a certain point nobody would ever have time to reach the level cap if they keep raising the requirements. If you are still only gaining 1 xp per kill, being "elite" when level 56 is the cap shouldn't be any different than being "elite" when level 101 is the cap.

Ok that's fair, but the developers only have a certain amount of space to hold all of the memory in the game. If they went too far from the cap being 101 the game would override and crash and a lot.
    Well, I'm not sure how STS has configured their servers or if there is some software limitation with respect to the data stores... but, like most in this type of industry I would assume they could rather easily expand.

I mean, that's assuming Pocket Legends is still alive and kicking once they get that far along.
    Last edited by Rare; 01-26-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

As we get to higher levels we get stronger and we wipe out mobs faster thus increasing xp gain

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

As we get to higher levels we get stronger and we wipe out mobs faster thus increasing xp gain
    In other MMOs?

Not in x Legends. As you get higher level maps mobs get stronger as well. So you don't clear them any faster. Unless we're talking about different games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie View Post
    I haven't played other MMOs... but does the XP gain correlate? Or in those other games do you get more experience per kill at higher levels.

For me, this doesn't make much sense. Theoretically, at a certain point nobody would ever have time to reach the level cap if they keep raising the requirements. If you are still only gaining 1 xp per kill, being "elite" when level 56 is the cap shouldn't be any different than being "elite" when level 101 is the cap.

Well, I'm not sure how STS has configured their servers or if there is some software limitation with respect to the data stores... but, like most in this type of industry I would assume they could rather easily expand.

I mean, that's assuming Pocket Legends is still alive and kicking once they get that far along.
    The devs have explained in several announcement threads that players are continuously creating new ideas. The only issue with creating big ideas is, they state, these additions to the game would take up space. It would simply interfere with their road map. It's not that the game that has the ability to stop expanding, but the more content you add to a game the more space it takes up on someone's Itouch or Ipad or phone.

STS within years to come will be developing new games, like star legends and dark legends to increase their income.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

In other MMOs that i have played the xp gain per kill increases, however, as much as i have played in them each kill takes longer to get than in PL where u can kill a mob of 20 ppl in a second, also other mmos have much faster growing xp requirements, i found that you level very fast when i first started

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Sounds like we're leaning back to the days of having two servers.