Thread: Event thoughts so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Default Event thoughts so far.

Absolutely the number one issue is getting to round 20. This should be a challenge for sure but should be obtainable most of the time. The event at the moment is made to be played in a locked game of 5 with mythic sets and 5x damage elixirs. There is a very inconsistent damage output as well that I don’t understand. You’ll go from taking about 1/4 of your health per hit to dieing in one hit.

Im not sure what could be done about low levels joining because if one joins you can basically kiss that run goodbye and leave. Making pets work would definitely help solve this issue. But by far my biggest complaint is not even being able to make it to wave 20. I do enjoy the concept so far though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by plpr; 04-09-2020 at 03:03 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to plpr For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    Absolutely the number one issue is getting to round 20. This should be a challenge for sure but should be obtainable most of the time. The event at the moment is made to be played in a locked game of 5 with mythic sets and 5x damage elixirs. There is a very inconsistent damage output as well that I don’t understand. You’ll go from taking about 1/4 of your health per hit to dieing in one hit. Im not sure what could be done about low levels joining because if one joins you can basically kiss that run goodbye and leave. Making pets work would definitely help solve this issue. But by far my biggest complaint is not even being able to make it to wave 20. I do enjoy the concept so far though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    It becomes a pain around wave 6 drop rates r horrible arcane items r recycled 71 elites(pisses me off the most) and just another cash grab and that is my thoughts on this event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

It's a Pocket Legends birthday event so it should be beneficial to everyone among the community....but that's wishful thinking. I couldn't say i expected much but who cares. Endgamers are a minority in this game yet the last couple events has benefited them the most. Updates are all directly Endgame targeted and it's going to be like this for a while.

Talking about the event exclusively i can't give a input since it came out just a hour ago. I see many complaining about reskin but fail to see alot of stuff that is "New" are just reskin or modifications of old items. This is also a better alternate than completely bringing items of old back. Gauntlet looks cool also, i expect it to be used more in the future of the game. AL always had somewhat cool events.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    It's a Pocket Legends birthday event so it should be beneficial to everyone among the community....but that's wishful thinking. I couldn't say i expected much but who cares. Endgamers are a minority in this game yet the last couple events has benefited them the most. Updates are all directly Endgame targeted and it's going to be like this for a while.

Talking about the event exclusively i can't give a input since it came out just a hour ago. I see many complaining about reskin but fail to see alot of stuff that is "New" are just reskin or modifications of old items. This is also a better alternate than completely bringing items of old back. Gauntlet looks cool also, i expect it to be used more in the future of the game. AL always had somewhat cool events.
    Lmao "minority" yet u see more 110s than 40 the only decent low lvl to pvp is 71 everything else is trashed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by holdmytalons View Post
    Lmao "minority" yet u see more 110s than 40 the only decent low lvl to pvp is 71 everything else is trashed
    It's a minority because not everyone has a 110. Also there are far more active games in 40 than there are for both honor and regular 110 combined. I've seen 3 full games at a time for 40 but only 1 or 2 L.110 honor arenas despite there being 2 active, 1 now, honor tournaments in that level range. You'll find 1 or 3 players in a regular PvP with mythic. That's a minority.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by holdmytalons View Post
    Then again maybe you're right. The majority is the group of people who spend money towards the game, in this case it's 110, so they speak for all of the community. As long as they continue to spend money towards the game nothing else matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wheres gold farming zone? Does it appear when the event ends?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

At first glance, it does appear to cater towards the endgame lot but I soon found out that was able to farm tokens much quicker on my 40 than any 110. This is based on me talking to my lvl 110 friends. We both began gauntlets since event release but while I was on 4000 tokens, they were on 2450 tokens or something (full 110 parties with trashers and mythics).
    I can still get arcanes even. By farming enough tokens to buy crates. What's the difference between looting an arcane and getting it in a crate? They're both luck orientated.
    Lower levels can't farm any elites or mythics. But this issue is circumvented by many 110s getting these drops so their value inevitably drops. Same goes for sapphire ebonthrax vanities. If you wanted the thrill of farming these drops, than it is a bummer to be anything less than 105 but if u actually want to get ur hands on them, it's not a problem(mythic may still be though).
    The only thing which I think it's hard for lower levels to get is a tradeable decathrax pet. You can mitigate this somewhat by buying it from vendor though.

I would still urge Cinco to scale the gauntlet difficulty to your level such that anyone can participate and not die in one shot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sinheachul View Post
    Wheres gold farming zone? Does it appear when the event ends?
    I think you get access to this zone if you buy a ticket(can't remember name) with plat from the bday vendor.
    Not completely sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vapourised View Post
    At first glance, it does appear to cater towards the endgame lot but I soon found out that was able to farm tokens much quicker on my 40 than any 110. This is based on me talking to my lvl 110 friends. We both began gauntlets since event release but while I was on 4000 tokens, they were on 2450 tokens or something (full 110 parties with trashers and mythics).
    I can still get arcanes even. By farming enough tokens to buy crates. What's the difference between looting an arcane and getting it in a crate? They're both luck orientated.
    Lower levels can't farm any elites or mythics. But this issue is circumvented by many 110s getting these drops so their value inevitably drops. Same goes for sapphire ebonthrax vanities. If you wanted the thrill of farming these drops, than it is a bummer to be anything less than 105 but if u actually want to get ur hands on them, it's not a problem(mythic may still be though).
    The only thing which I think it's hard for lower levels to get is a tradeable decathrax pet. You can mitigate this somewhat by buying it from vendor though.

I would still urge Cinco to scale the gauntlet difficulty to your level such that anyone can participate and not die in one shot.
    If the boxes cost plat to open then that makes it even worse. Not only is the event for endgamer, it also requires you to spend money towards the game if you are not doing it as a twink player. If you are a twink player who doesn't have friends at endgame, chances are you'll be booted from a multimatch or have your 110s leave for a better lobby. It's crazy how not even 105s can do this event without needing alot of pots. This was a smart decision. Stomp their level then make them pay money just to do events.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Endgamers are a minority in this game
    Not only is the event for endgamer,..... Stomp their level then make them pay money just to do events.
    LOL, that made me crack up.

It's age old thing that almost every content update since beginning was for endgame, what's for twink? very lately maybe event WITH endgame event, rarely some pvp fixes that mostly bcz it was affected by endgame pvp fixes and honor level again just a side work with endgame honor.

Everything is for endgame it be level cap update or content for endgame. If you take like that, it always been like that making money through endgame content.

And where do u get such highly imaginative stats of the game ROFL that endgamers are minorities that's bcz a very small portion of PL community plays only Twink , rest either doing their task at PVE sitting in town or doing endgame pvp that all belong to endgame either trying to reach endgame or playing endgame content.

As for the the current event, It's one of the cleanest and best event by far taken care of everyone but not like plat won't bring advantage but still one of the best only concern about arcane weapons at PvP.
    Last edited by Waug; 04-10-2020 at 09:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

The only thing I have to say is #BUFFARCANESTAFF.... it shouldn’t have a 1.2 sec cast time and be lower dps than a mythic staff
    Last edited by Chaasivab; 04-10-2020 at 01:45 PM.

I don't know how to play video games casually. I'm either not interested at all or I play 16 hours and forget to eat.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaasivab For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    LOL, that made me crack up.

It's age old thing that almost every content update since beginning was for endgame, what's for twink? very lately maybe event WITH endgame event, rarely some pvp fixes that mostly bcz it was affected by endgame pvp fixes and honor level again just a side work with endgame honor.

Everything is for endgame it be level cap update or content for endgame. If you take like that, it always been like that making money through endgame content.

And where do u get such highly imaginative stats of the game ROFL that endgamers are minorities that's bcz a very small portion of PL community plays only Twink , rest either doing their task at PVE sitting in town or doing endgame pvp that all belong to endgame either trying to reach endgame or playing endgame content.

As for the the current event, It's one of the cleanest and best event by far taken care of everyone but not like plat won't bring advantage but still one of the best only concern about arcane weapons at PvP.
    None of the things you just said made any sense. Endgame is the majority? Have you not typed in arena then set the bar to all, to see the PvP games from 1-110? You'll find a small pocket of endgamers in a single lobby and majority of the time it's at honor. How is honor at 110 less sctive than 40 elite lobbies even though there are active tournements in 110? Endgame was never a majority in this games existsence.To think that would be foolish and naive. What's 1 level zone to over a dozen. Even at the games most active, endgame couldn't fill up a lobby like 27, 35, 51, 56, and 61 did.

All of the money came out of endgame? Where do you get a dumb statement from? During 76/77 cap players were spending more money to craft 60 Dominic gear alone than those 2 caps combined. Don't even get me started on twink players constantly changing builds for plat, i mean you can look at my old account alone and see how much plat went into respecing builds. It's only until now that endgame became so prosperous compared the rest of the game and that came after the devs killed off every other level. Remove enchants, remove elites, make the stats of og gear what they use to be then start putting old event items like toys and paws in store for plat and i bet that we would not be having this same conversation.

Make a honor arena dedicated to legendary PvP from L.1 to Level 85 and let's see how many will choose to stay in endgame. Hell where do you think a portion of the community went after the devs killed off twink? I'll give you a hint, they didn't go endgame and they are not in twink anymore either. They quit.

This event is one of the cleanest so far? I like the new gauntlet system. I've been hoping for one of these since AL first had them. The thing is, i want to play it on my 35, and my 40s, and my 25s. You think everyone has a endgame character? Ontop of that it's a birthday event. Shouldn't everyone get a chance to play it if it's to celebrate the 10th anniversary of PL? No. I'll tell you what's going on. Twink players are either getting booted from lobbies or having their teammates leave to find another game. If you're lucky enough you'll be friends with L.110s who will carry you at the expense of them having 1 less useful man. That's what's going on. You're to naive to see it.
    Last edited by MageFFA; 04-10-2020 at 12:14 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MageFFA For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

This event is actually more challenging in my opinion. Enjoying it so far, it’s all about the grind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

None of the things you just said made any sense. Endgame is the majority? Have you not typed in arena then set the bar to all, to see the PvP games from 1-110? You'll find a small pocket of endgamers in a single lobby and majority of the time it's at honor. How is honor at 110 less sctive than 40 elite lobbies even though there are active tournements in 110? Endgame was never a majority in this games existsence.To think that would be foolish and naive. What's 1 level zone to over a dozen. Even at the games most active, endgame couldn't fill up a lobby like 27, 35, 51, 56, and 61 did.

All of the money came out of endgame? Where do you get a dumb statement from? During 76/77 cap players were spending more money to craft 60 Dominic gear alone than those 2 caps combined. Don't even get me started on twink players constantly changing builds for plat, i mean you can look at my old account alone and see how much plat went into respecing builds. It's only until now that endgame became so prosperous compared the rest of the game and that came after the devs killed off every other level. Remove enchants, remove elites, make the stats of og gear what they use to be then start putting old event items like toys and paws in store for plat and i bet that we would not be having this same conversation.

Make a honor arena dedicated to legendary PvP from L.1 to Level 85 and let's see how many will choose to stay in endgame. Hell where do you think a portion of the community went after the devs killed off twink? I'll give you a hint, they didn't go endgame and they are not in twink anymore either. They quit.

This event is one of the cleanest so far? I like the new gauntlet system. I've been hoping for one of these since AL first had them. The thing is, i want to play it on my 35, and my 40s, and my 25s. You think everyone has a endgame character? Ontop of that it's a birthday event. Shouldn't everyone get a chance to play it if it's to celebrate the 10th anniversary of PL? No. I'll tell you what's going on. Twink players are either getting booted from lobbies or having their teammates leave to find another game. If you're lucky enough you'll be friends with L.110s who will carry you at the expense of them having 1 less useful man. That's what's going on. You're to naive to see it.
    1 - If u wanna sit on twink and don't wanna put the effort to enjoy endgame content it's won't change the fact the almost every new content is made for endgame even if not exclusive for endgame. It's up to u that u can't cope with something that has been since PL's existent.

2- Endgame is at least 90% of the game, you just can't take a basic fact that majority don't PVP ("Endgame" IS NOT EQUAL TO "ENDGAME PVP", two different things u absolutely missed in my post) and they playing PVE and their focus is endgame.

Agree or deny it's up to you that won't change anything neither I'm gonna debate further because it's not even a discussion I just stated some facts, that's it.