Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: upset with the SL population

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Default upset with the SL population

Kinda upset with how SL's crowd went from 10 busy Blackstars to maybe 1 18+ one. The items are starting to fill up the ah since theres no players to buy the merchers weapons and armors which is making everything incredibly cheaper. Hardly any zones being played now and finding a team as a new player is near impossible after 20+. My incredibly active guild went from 20+ people online all the time to hardly 5 :'[ and all my good friends quit. people say everyone quit cause after you capped it got boring. This is true but look at pocket legends. TONS of people walking around all the time and i see many lvl 66 people.

UGH! this is exactly how i feel right now
    Name:  facepalm.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  12.8 KB

What in the world happened? D':
    System & others love me ;] U jelly?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ihavenokills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

yea, as of now its sad and lonely.

but tomorrow is a different story:P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

SL is still a baby. In PL when you cap at level 66 you almost forget what forest haven looked like, ya know? Plus there's items like vyx helms, green ice, elite lv50 gear to farm, twinking at about 50 different brackets, lvl1 groups, and about 10x the player base.

I capped my 3 toons in SL almost a month ago now and haven't done a run since. I went on for a few weeks after to PvP, and help guildies, but even that gets old when your whole guild is capped pretty much and only like 20 different people PvP.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

yeah i guess your right but when i started, people stayed even after the cap. the blackstar was full of life and people running around chatting. Now i can't even hold a conversation with a group for more than 5 mins cause people log on to check the CS and log right back off after.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Pink system is broken because of the way elixir's work now combined with the extremely high chance of a purple. No incentive to farm.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Maybe more xp for the next cap to solve the problem, and if it's that easy to max out try to challenge yourself by getting to the cap with no elixir if you used one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ghost.mw View Post
    Maybe more xp for the next cap to solve the problem, and if it's that easy to max out try to challenge yourself by getting to the cap with no elixir if you used one.
    I did this in like 3 days after Valeria was out. Tough but it was quite easy
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

yeah that might be a reason. people got to lvl 40 first 8 hours of release and capped 41 within a few days. compared to a few weeks for a cap for the last zone release. grinding might be boring but its more rewarding to cap after a huge xp difference and show off with it then cap with a small xp difference and everyone has it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Pink system is broken because of the way elixir's work now combined with the extremely high chance of a purple. No incentive to farm.
    i COMPLETELY agree with this. 100% truly think that miners luck reroll elixir killed both games.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ihavenokills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

For about a week only one person showed up on the top guild leaderboard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Pvp is dead i got on leaderboards with such a weak k/d ratio (havent died yet though)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Well i did have a whole spiel of why ppl are leaving...but its adding gas to the flame... I want ppl to return, and i know they will with new content STS has created....."they will be back"
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I'm not sure about elixir, as all that times i used it i haven't got any decent drop, so for me it's a crap, not a salvation.. But maybe u used it more and i'm sure u know what u r talkin about

As for capping xp i strongly disagree as even though i capped relatively fast, i got bored to death with the need to run same Voleria maps over and over again. Note, that that boredom amplified by need to do it anyway (dam, i wanted that chest!) was killin me much more than the slight boredom i have now waiting for the new maps..

Why?

Simply because i found what to do and the variety is wider than just grinding:

1. I recruit low lvl members, help them and farm on lower lvls for greens which i sell to twinks at high prices. Yes, from 10 new recruits only 1 is good enough to lvl fast and focused, but we have more ppl online than b4 and some of those newcomers are becoming nice officers to support us in the future

2. I help my friends to lvl or to cap - again - farming on the way

3. I PvP. Yes, there's just several ppl who do it, but they do it good and i learn. Finally, i can smash a commando, being an Op. Auronn and Benderandfry still kick my butt so i have motivation to become better to kick theirs )))

Also, don't neglect CTF - this mode is awesome! Not just about killing. It's about strategy and teamwork applied. And nobody is crying about 'rushing' there..lol

4. Trading. I learn curves of the market and try to adapt to the recession which you can see now. Also i use tips of pro-traders such as Saiyen (thank u bro!)

5. I make my 'pajamas' - sets i use at base and lower lvls which just looks cool.. I still need those lvl20 wings (white, not blue-gray!) so it keeps me busy hunting them

6. I started my private collection of good-lookin-guns. Mostly they r greens from 6 to 21 lvl (like iLied rifle). Already have 3 in the collection

7. I socialize - helping newbs to find CS terminal might seem dull, but you also can make good connections or just good laugh with ppl doing that

And last, but not the least, BlackStar is very crowded last two days. Yeah, it is! Just go check it

Don't give up hope (and this game) because it's us who make it fun...

It's like the conversation i had with one of short-time guild member: first he whined about nobody helping in his old guild coz everybody was so busy and i invited him to Jedi Council - shortly after that he began to whine about lots of low levels in JC but he showed no intention to help these ppl to lvl up and quit (i guess he whines elsewhere now).
    The moral is - if you are unable to make fun for yourself and help others, dont wait some other guy will make fun for you or help you in return (because there's nothing to return). Either you are cool or just go die in the pool

Peace to all. Keep keepin it real
    Last edited by flashbackflip; 01-27-2012 at 05:28 PM.
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flashbackflip For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I basicly just started sl but I have found out I missed the vanity helm and if I don't enhancer my way to 41 real quick I'm going to miss the vanity chest piece.

I don't want to be anouther 41 with 5k kills running around. I have no incentive to lvl cap now.

And for the old players who capped in a week all the can do now is pvp or farm items and well that's not to bad

I decided to make a character and run solo. Since I can't get the lvl cap vanities..I'm in no rush.

and since I won't have the elite gear to show off at least I can show off my stats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solopro View Post
    I decided to make a character and run solo. Since I can't get the lvl cap vanities..I'm in no rush.

and since I won't have the elite gear to show off at least I can show off my stats
    Well thought solution! I feel the Force is strong with u! If u ever need a guild u may join us in Jedi Council, bro..
    click my sig to join

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

I know some of you guys are saying to find something to do. Ex: Pvp, farm, alts, etc.

But what about people like me who have done literally all of it.

And those who don't have patience to do some stuff like lvling multiple alts, and helping newbies.

There's a variety of types of people and because of that, there should be many things that can be done in game. People mainly leave because they're either bored. If STS can make it where there is nearly an infinite source of in game things to do, then more people will stay longer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardon View Post
    I know some of you guys are saying to find something to do. Ex: Pvp, farm, alts, etc.

But what about people like me who have done literally all of it.

And those who don't have patience to do some stuff like lvling multiple alts, and helping newbies.

There's a variety of types of people and because of that, there should be many things that can be done in game. People mainly leave because they're either bored. If STS can make it where there is nearly an infinite source of in game things to do, then more people will stay longer.
    idk if you saw it but before morfic quit he made an amazing suggestion to give pvp a world wide roam. instead of just joining a 3v3 kinda thing. throw some enemies in the map and give them some decent drops so people not only have fight the enemies for the drops but to fight off other people to. id play longer, much longer if this was here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Things like that being implemented in game is exactly what im talking about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ihavenokills View Post
    idk if you saw it but before morfic quit he made an amazing suggestion to give pvp a world wide roam. instead of just joining a 3v3 kinda thing. throw some enemies in the map and give them some decent drops so people not only have fight the enemies for the drops but to fight off other people to. id play longer, much longer if this was here.
    fantastic solution!

I've been thinkin of some kind of bounty hunting system (bounty terminals gave me the idea). Every day several random ppl are assigned as targets and others (hunters) should find em and terminate (or maybe targets should also sign up in terminal..) One hunter can pick one target. This target automatically adds as a friend (so u can locate it). Target gets a message but not the name of the hunter. Whoever survives recieves credits (formiddable amount) as a prize. While the hunt is on - the hunter and the target gets ability to pvp in any place (base, maps, guild halls). If target goes offline after first hunters' shots r fired, it's considered as death (to prevent hiding offline)

Idea is raw but can be fine tuned..

I totally understand what Ardon is talkin about.. More 'self-running-playa-interaction-based' mechanics is always great...

But it seems to me STS chose another development strategy. More like 'a-piece-of-something-for-everybody'. Understanding that other mmo titles r breathing their neck they decided to 'spam-games' as engies 'spam-heal' i.e. make several differently themed games using their innovative and exclusive all-platform engine. The more the better. And then look which one will bcome the headliner do develop it deeper... Because if not for DL and the next WL title it would be not so hard (in terms of coding hours) to implement lots of great suggestions ppl gave to them.. Or at least make updates monthly..

On the other hand, if they achieve decent share on mobile mmo market, they could expand their staff and come back to all of their games with expansions and tuning-up their already existing and filled with ppl hits.. But this may happen not very soon.. So we gotta wait or go.. Some go, i'll stay coz there's no scifi title close enough to compete with SL.. And it hardly appear, coz not many studios choose the way STS chose - 'spam-game' - most just do 'elves-and-goblins' stuff coz it's easier to sell as ppl r more ready for it.. As we can see sts weakness becomes their strength in this case.. I just wish them to get even stronger and come up with updates more frequently

After all, what they say is 'u can play it on the go, casual style' and we, who discuss these matters here, r obviously hardcore ones. And nevertheless we consider ourselves 'the salt of the game', devs might not see it similar way - maybe their statistics shows that most revenues comes from fast changing casual playas, who just come and go making rotation

But my previous post should nt be negllected. I was trying to show perspective to those who is uber-bored.. Not the exact answers maybe, but intention to experiment and use all possibilities we have right now. If anyone has anything o add to this - that could save us from being bored (at least for the time we r waiting for the next update)

No offence meant in any way
    click my sig to join

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ghost.mw View Post
    Grinding is a cheap way to extend gameplay. The proper way would be adding more content a little more often. Truthfully, I'm a little concerned wether or not that STS will be able to properly support 3 games when they can't seem to keep up with the two they have now.