Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ready, set, LEVEL! | Prince Levlar Returns

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Can you explain to me the logic and making a leveling event and not letting a player level up to the current cap with it?

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,900 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfaux View Post
    Can you explain to me the logic and making a leveling event and not letting a player level up to the current cap with it?
    We have, several times. It's for helping lower level characters get to the current expansion content. The level limit on it has generally been raised when we run the event just before a level cap increase.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    We have, several times. It's for helping lower level characters get to the current expansion content. The level limit on it has generally been raised when we run the event just before a level cap increase.
    And what about those level 71 characters who are coming back to the game? Why aren't we allowed to benefit from the leveling event? Why set a random demarcation line that stops some lower-level characters from reaching the current cap? In what way does it hurt the game or game balance to give a level 71 character the same help you're giving a level 61 character?

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,900 Posts

And what about those level 71 characters who are coming back to the game? Why aren't we allowed to benefit from the leveling event? Why set a random demarcation line that stops some lower-level characters from reaching the current cap? In what way does it hurt the game or game balance to give a level 71 character the same help you're giving a level 61 character?
    If you're 71 and coming back, you're an appropriate level to play the new expansion. Enjoy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    If you're 71 and coming back, you're an appropriate level to play the new expansion. Enjoy!
    Well thanks for not answering my question . Why do you insist that a level 71 player advanced solely through the expansion? Why can they not benefit from the event that every other non maxed out character can benefit from? Why do you have an unwritten rule that we must advance solely through the latest levels that have been released instead of taking advantage of the event like 95% of the other non maxed characters do?

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,192 Posts

Well thanks for not answering my question . Why do you insist that a level 71 player advanced solely through the expansion? Why can they not benefit from the event that every other non maxed out character can benefit from? Why do you have an unwritten rule that we must advance solely through the latest levels that have been released instead of taking advantage of the event like 95% of the other non maxed characters do?

Because grinding (at least some portion of the cap) creates the appropriate community bonds. Simply buying your way to the cap makes your experience a lot less valuable, and your relationship to the avatar(s) and our game considerably weaker. Now I suspect you will want to educate me on how the Platinum path to max level is superior to this decision (and I'm quite eager to read) but you should know that the decision is not at all arbitrary and is based on navigating the ups and downs of games like Arcane Legends over the last twenty(ish) years. :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Because grinding (at least some portion of the cap) creates the appropriate community bonds. Simply buying your way to the cap makes your experience a lot less valuable, and your relationship to the avatar(s) and our game considerably weaker. Now I suspect you will want to educate me on how the Platinum path to max level is superior to this decision (and I'm quite eager to read) but you should know that the decision is not at all arbitrary and is based on navigating the ups and downs of games like Arcane Legends over the last twenty(ish) years. :-)
    If you truly feel that way then why have a leveling event at all? I don't argue that grinding levels can create bonds between players. But as someone who has been playing this game since the level cap was in the twenties, grinding gets a wee bit old. If you're going to insist on it, why can't you at least give us somewhat of a break so we don't have to grind until our eyes bleed? Why not let the level 71 zedvance at least halfway to the new cap so they can benefit somewhat from this event? I'm not even going to get into the benefits that players get by giving you guys more money directly through Platinum purchases. I understand you all need to make money and you're not doing it for fun. I do think you go too far with the Platinum exclusive benefit sometimes, but again that's completely subjective and I understand that. Seriously though, why don't you cut the level 71 players in on a bit of the fun? I don't think it's going to break the game, and most people by this point already have a large selection of friends... There are other ways to make friends in the game besides incessantly grinding repetitive levels by the way....