Thread: Who's in favor of abolishing the Reputation system?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Default Who's in favor of abolishing the Reputation system?

I am, and here's why..

-People thank their friends, no matter the post. Rep system isn't supposed to be a popularity contest.

-Some people are starting to get full of themselves because they have more bars, even though the system is skewed. (See first point)

-Leads to lazily written guides etc, in an attempt to earn more thanks.

-People are asking in game to thumbs up their posts, and asking in their sigs as well.

-I believe it is contributing to forum spam.

-You can't see it on the mobile or Tapatalk apps anyway, which I'm sure half or more of us use.

-The same goes for having post count ranks, people just post useless spam and pointless threads to boost their count.

I feel that systems such as rep and post count are like the leaderboards in PL, yeah there's a few that earned it, but the majority are just boosting. Kinda like "grinding" the forums like Plasma Pyramid, looking for thanks and anywhere they can fit their posts in, regardless if the topics been answered 15 times.

I mean, this is a forum for an MMO, every one of us are used to doing repetitive tasks for a gain in rank, it's what PL and SL and MMO's in general are all about. People are treating forums like leveling in my opinion.

If we got rid of the system, I can pretty much guarantee the amount of spam, topics with 15 replies when the first one was all the OP needed, and this "I'm better than you because I have 2 green bars and you have 1!" kind of attitude some people are displaying.

Please consider returning the forums to their former glory, the way they are going now is very depressing.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ebalere For This Useful Post: