Thread: Horde gauntlet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Default Horde gauntlet

I'd like to see a variation of the gauntlet, I call horde gauntlet.

Here's how it works. 5 spots are touched by any number of characters to unleash an un-ending 'parade' of progressively more powerful baddies. No time between waves like before where had to clear within 2 mins/ 1min. This would be like first 5 baddies released, 5 seconds pass 5 more baddies, 5 seconds more 5 more baddies.

The point here is how long can you survive?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lalaanica For This Useful Post:

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lalaanica View Post
    I'd like to see a variation of the gauntlet, I call horde gauntlet.

Here's how it works. 5 spots are touched by any number of characters to unleash an un-ending 'parade' of progressively more powerful baddies. No time between waves like before where had to clear within 2 mins/ 1min. This would be like first 5 baddies released, 5 seconds pass 5 more baddies, 5 seconds more 5 more baddies.

The point here is how long can you survive?
    Would definitely love to see any variation, including this, of the gauntlet be permanently implemented into PL

And MAYBE (big maybe) make it a two week, with one week gap, event that offers a decent amount gold/elixirs as rewards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    hai doods

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Default Horde gauntlet

So player would be able to force start there public match And no cool down after waves sounds awesome. But will there be experience orbs, kits or drops of any kind and if so it would be kinda hard to collect the drop especially being under constant attacks as the waves become harder( without auto item loot kits) , so maybe add a stash that can be looting or a npc were u can collect all your items after the game is over?

(And would it be endless waves or maybe a x amount of waves(can be completed). )——edited actually you did say endless wave my bad——and as the waves get harder should the drops get better to encourage players to try hard to make it as far as they can? And should there be a completion title that shows what wave you made it to?

Yeah it would be fun if there no timer but we’re would the challenge be if someone decides to just lure one monster out at a time? (Single pulling would take forever gg) Should the mobs instant attack us or at least have a much larger Aggression range? And should the mobs have multiple random spawning locations to make it more difficult for players to be able to do the run with there alts in safe spots to get Multiple rewards?( no safe spots) also would be cool to have some high Priority monsters to kill that have summon like aoe (area of effects) damage pools that will kill a team if they just stand in it? This could easily give something for Assassins to deal with (fox)

Should there be different difficulty modes? And should legendary vanity/pet/enchants/ exlir be usable?(these items give big damage,def, attack and other stats bonus)

I wouldn’t mind if there was no rewards. It would be fun just to hop on ever now and then and play a match of hordes gauntlet. : )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hjable; 04-30-2020 at 03:49 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hjable For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

So I envision a map with an island and a long bridge, with another island north of the long bridge where there are 5 gates that spawn baddies. The player or players begin on the Southern Island, and the baddies spawn and then immediately begin moving south , all baddies would be aggressive to the player and if players wait at the southern island there would be a long train of baddies with no where to run, best would be to run as north as possible and try to fight back the mobs before retreating until you are eventually overrun, the event would be timed so the longer you survive the more points you receive, or maybe the there is a time leaderboard.