Thread: Auction - a suggestion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Default Auction - a suggestion.

Posting this in general for more recognition.

@Futumsh I would like to hear your ideas on this

My suggestion is so we can have the ability in the auction to place offers for items if we wish to get them for cheaper. What I mean is for example you want to offer the seller a lower sum of gold, or even items in exchange, you would have the option to through the action via a message or alike.

This to some degree can already be done by just straight up PM-ing the seller, but In most cases they are offline.

This sort of mechanic is already in the game for houses, the mailing system, but as we know not everyone has houses and some can go days without even entering their house.

For the above reason I believe a feature like this could be implemented into auc.

There's even space for an "Offer" or "More options" button right next to the Purchase button as you can see in this screenshot below

Would love to hear everyones feedback on why this is good/bad.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

An easier way would be to have an offline message option which is unrelated to housing.

Offers on auction is a nice idea but i would be pissed if someone made an offer and i took item out of auction only for them to back out of the deal.

Also what happens if you make an offer and u find something cheaper? Can you retract your original offer?

What if you had the gold at time of making the offer but by the time the person accepts you no longer have the gold?

The only way this can work is if the gold is already taken out and reserved on the item and is returned if your offer is declined but that would mean an extra massive workload on the server to store every amount offered and returned for every player and item in the auction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InvalidUserName View Post
    An easier way would be to have an offline message option which is unrelated to housing.

Offers on auction is a nice idea but i would be pissed if someone made an offer and i took item out of auction only for them to back out of the deal.

Also what happens if you make an offer and u find something cheaper? Can you retract your original offer?

What if you had the gold at time of making the offer but by the time the person accepts you no longer have the gold?

The only way this can work is if the gold is already taken out and reserved on the item and is returned if your offer is declined but that would mean an extra massive workload on the server to store every amount offered and returned for every player and item in the auction
    Yeah of course this does require much more in depth analysis and tweaking to minimise people exploiting it and such, I just took this inspiration from other games I've previously played and thought it'd be neat to have it here, if possible.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk