Thread: If you were dev...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Post If you were dev...

Hello Legends! I have a community question for you guys. This thread is to simply ask the question "If you were Dev, what would you do and why would you do it". Since this is a question directed to you alone there will be no wrong answers or disagreements, again this is your own opinion and i ask everyone to respect it. I'll start first.

My first choice of action would be to establish a stable, but fair, PvP update. I acknowledge that taking away Enchantments or elites will be a great loss to the people who choose to buy them, so instead I'd put forth a map dedicated to "Classic" PvP. This zone will not cost plat and will share the same location where PvP maps are placed. Classic will only be accessed by the original forms of gear that existed prior to 2016. Meaning no Enchantments or elites, no 8 or 9 year shields, and no enchants or amulets. Since this is Classic PvP, every set a gear will be returned to normal pre-2016 gear nerf. Now i understand that many will question why putting a PvP update first would be selfish but let me explain. This game is more noted for it's PvP than it's PvE. There is no sort of God Gear like there is in World of War Craft. There are many different ranges for PvP. All of those levels have their own gear dedicated to it's level. PvP completely correlates with PvE because it puts money in the pockets of individuals who choose to do more PvE than PvP. In a way you could say everyone who played this game prior to the death of PvP has made a fortune from selling gear that we farmed at one point. Reviving Classic PvP will simply give the players a reason run the campaign over again, this benefits my next update.
    I made a thread on this before but the idea behind quest pets is something I'd implement right after a PvP update. The idea gives reasons for newer players to do PvE even more than wanting to PvP. With quest pets more players will choose to wanting to completely every quest and dungeon this gamehas to offer. New players, and old since this benefits everyone, would gain profit from farming and looting drops. Along with completing achievments on top of that. Pocket Legends could actually rival Arcane Legends in PvE for once, AL has one of the best PvE experiences in all of Mobile gaming.

These are just a few and i will be adding more later on. Please give your ideas below.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MageFFA For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

1st make a map u pay 50 plat for that bans enchants and low lvl elites
    2nd give mythic sets more armor health and less dodge
    3rd change how the arcane items look so they arent recycled 71 elites
    4th make sure pvp is balanced with these updates
    5th add events
    U know how to keep the game alive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Well I guess first the classes deserve a work on as the fox and thino are useless in both pvp and pve and none can go against a bear without losing at any level because of HS's long dutation and also because their combos rewuire them to be really close to the enemy to do inlike the other 3 classes which some even have multiple combos. Both also lack in AOE skills and need a buff.

Second would be to add weekly event like in AL, theres an event every week to keep the game fresh and active.
    Same can be done in PL because i love hunting for rare loot and vanities, doesnt have to be a gold farm or leaderboard event, any event brings the community together. Those are my thoughts maybe someone disagrees that the game is a lot more active and fun when events are around.

Oh also Id like for the devs to let us do community events sponsored by them, not just tourneys.

Fan art vanity also sound good but if we only had the PL vanity models or samples to work with to help out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Honestly,
    There is no way to fix all the problems we currently have. Basically up to this point, the recent updates have unknowingly caused a butterfly effect. This basically means; if we make a minor change, it will probably cause another imbalance in another area of the game.
    Consider the following,
    The other day I decided to join lower level games to guide new incoming players on the maps. At one point, a level 4 who had a pet equipped which gave considerable amount of stat changes to him/her joined. Now, is this fair for new players? No ofc, some people want to feel out game when just joining. They want to know how to utilize their class, play the campaign without ease, & not run through mobs really fast (unable to get xp sometimes). Now imagine if we were to debuff these pets in the lower level campaigns. There would be a backlash... My point is, there will always be people who will be complaining no matter what. So as the game went on; enchants, pets, elites, and arcanes were added without taking certain variables into account (pvp, lower level players, and ect...).
    Another example I could bring is the following:
    Pvp at lower levels. Now put yourself in the shoes of a new player who decides to try pvp for the first time because they have that competitive edge. For example: a level 8 or 10 bear with a basic rare set (green) attained from pve (forest haven, quests, dark forest) Nowadays it’s imposible to even utilize this set in a regular pvp lobby due to elites. Pre-op weapon/amulet/ring era, this set would suffice to just have fun and feel out the game. I know this is what got me hooked into pvp. Now I know what you are thinking. I’m sounding kind of biased due to my experiences, but some level of helplessness would probably be felt to the new incoming player due to other people having elites/rings/amulets at those levels. I probably wouldn’t want to stay for too long, I’m curious to know the actual stats of new players in pl. Now what would make them want to stay in this game that has no enjoyment to it? On top of that, these new players are bashed by toxic players for being new. So if I was a developer, I would just create a new balanced game with all properties of this game (including arcanes, elites, and pets with stats which were added into the game post launch.) I would make it balanced and fair. For everyone, pve players, pvp players, and incoming players. I love pl, this is the only way I see their legacy continuing any further. Don’t see pl being an active game anymore. Right now, the end of this game is being postponed due too updates with recycled items with the only purpose of making money for sts. I love you sts, but I see this as unethical. Thats my take, good luck trying to fix the game. The inevitable will happen soon...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SillyJuan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

I like the classic pvp idea btw, this will encourage people to play older maps and help incoming players level up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Or people like me who havent played since 2014

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

If I was a dev of an mmo I would consider it part of my job to play the game (with other people in pvp) and balance accordingly. There would never be an rng pay to win system in set stats in any gear to keep fights as fair as possible.

My #1 priority for pve players would be a map chalked full of rare very desirable vanity items with a reasonable entrance fee and elixirs to make it easier (for plat). Example would be slayer but x10.

-If I was a dev

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

I'd fix pvp in day, make n keep pvp fair ground for each and everyone.

Although balance is subjective and so much so that, if any player get few kills on someone he act as highly professional in game and then next moment if he started to loose he blame everything possible dodge, imbalance, rng, hate this game just to mention very few.

Anyway I'd properly fix the real issues in pvp in a very short period of time if not in one day XD.
    Also make pve fresh and creative by introducing new things (like gaunlet is one)
    Last edited by Waug; 04-29-2020 at 11:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Default If you were dev...

If I was a dev this is what I would do especially since players are hosting there own pvp tournament and keeping it alive and also because there literally is like few handful of people that do pvp atm. I would post a message in log in message board saying something like we would like your feedback on fourm with a link about disabling discontinued,enchants discontinued etc. until we can make a program that allows players to do it. May take years

Then as a dev I would work on that project 1 hr a week until I make a program that works and let player able to make it were players can disable stuff. I would also surprised them with a new npc in there guild hall that allows them to host a turnment bracket( like 10 teams ques and winners move move on). And a spectator mode so they can have more easily ran pvp guild events. Then I would call that -the old pvp- That’s a game mode were some people are ok with auto shooting kiting/ or stun bursting being king

Then I would focus on making a newer more fun pvp system. I’ll do this by adding way more enchants in the game and resistance , allow player to enhance there own weapons with bleed,shield, debuff, speed buff etc (this stuff is already in game so should be easy to make) and then also allow them to fuse there weapon with special procs too like sharks , lightning proc friendly. etc

I would just keep adding stuff and testing and reading people reviews if I see something to over powered I would make something to counter that.

I would also add enhancement on armor that do all kinda stuff like slow hero who attack. I would add enhancement that buff team members and reduce cool downs. I would really play with it until there are hundreds of different enchantment, enhancement and stuff -
    This would equal to thousands of different possible player builds instead of just a hand full! And add more item slots with enchantments and bring back pets to pvp just make better enchants

- i would also keep the honor pvp system for when people want balance but make class tanky again that was fun and a active time before It was nerf back to the old pvp standard and started getting one or 2 shotted-
    Last edited by Hjable; 04-30-2020 at 04:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Id balance 110, starting with the new arcane weapons
    Id also make savage scythe vanity weapon

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzling View Post
    Id balance 110, starting with the new arcane weapons
    Id also make savage scythe vanity weapon
    Fiery wand too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

This feels a little like a toxic thread. It feels like the player base just claiming they could do better than the developers... Let's be nice, not toxic

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    This feels a little like a toxic thread. It feels like the player base just claiming they could do better than the developers... Let's be nice, not toxic
    There was no intentions of malice. Just seeing what the community would implement if they were in the positions of devs. Ideas, like Hjable's slow attack speed armor would be hard to implement but would be a great way to revolutionize the game with item passives. A armor that gives a percentage of Attack Speed would revolutionize the way PvP works.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    I concur

#11chars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SillyJuan View Post
    Honestly,
    There is no way to fix all the problems we currently have. Basically up to this point, the recent updates have unknowingly caused a butterfly effect. This basically means; if we make a minor change, it will probably cause another imbalance in another area of the game.
    Consider the following,
    The other day I decided to join lower level games to guide new incoming players on the maps. At one point, a level 4 who had a pet equipped which gave considerable amount of stat changes to him/her joined. Now, is this fair for new players? No ofc, some people want to feel out game when just joining. They want to know how to utilize their class, play the campaign without ease, & not run through mobs really fast (unable to get xp sometimes). Now imagine if we were to debuff these pets in the lower level campaigns. There would be a backlash... My point is, there will always be people who will be complaining no matter what. So as the game went on; enchants, pets, elites, and arcanes were added without taking certain variables into account (pvp, lower level players, and ect...).
    Another example I could bring is the following:
    Pvp at lower levels. Now put yourself in the shoes of a new player who decides to try pvp for the first time because they have that competitive edge. For example: a level 8 or 10 bear with a basic rare set (green) attained from pve (forest haven, quests, dark forest) Nowadays it’s imposible to even utilize this set in a regular pvp lobby due to elites. Pre-op weapon/amulet/ring era, this set would suffice to just have fun and feel out the game. I know this is what got me hooked into pvp. Now I know what you are thinking. I’m sounding kind of biased due to my experiences, but some level of helplessness would probably be felt to the new incoming player due to other people having elites/rings/amulets at those levels. I probably wouldn’t want to stay for too long, I’m curious to know the actual stats of new players in pl. Now what would make them want to stay in this game that has no enjoyment to it? On top of that, these new players are bashed by toxic players for being new. So if I was a developer, I would just create a new balanced game with all properties of this game (including arcanes, elites, and pets with stats which were added into the game post launch.) I would make it balanced and fair. For everyone, pve players, pvp players, and incoming players. I love pl, this is the only way I see their legacy continuing any further. Don’t see pl being an active game anymore. Right now, the end of this game is being postponed due too updates with recycled items with the only purpose of making money for sts. I love you sts, but I see this as unethical. Thats my take, good luck trying to fix the game. The inevitable will happen soon...
    thank you for this, i truely believe now PL is a beaten down racecar that they keep putting nitrous in (destroying every part of the car slowly but still going fast) and it is irreversible, PL is now just a money maker... Which is okay if any one of these updates were considered thoughtfully, but it insulting to me that they expect us to spend our hard earned money on a game when they cant even listen to what we want... ill tell you one thing, i am for sure done spending my money on platinum to buy things, it is just insulting... you are right... sts is unfair and unethical, and they expect us to avoid this and spend money on plat for these washed up recycled vanity events... ridiculous
    Last edited by highwaymen; 05-01-2020 at 01:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by highwaymen View Post
    thank you for this, i truely believe now PL is a beaten down racecar that they keep putting nitrous in (destroying every part of the car slowly but still going fast) and it is irreversible, PL is now just a money maker... Which is okay if any one of these updates were considered thoughtfully, but it insulting to me that they expect us to spend our hard earned money on a game when they cant even listen to what we want... ill tell you one thing, i am for sure done spending my money on platinum to buy things, it is just insulting... you are right... sts is unfair and unethical, and they expect us to avoid this and spend money on plat for these washed up recycled vanity events... ridiculous
    I don’t know if u know this but cosmetic vanity’s has no real negative effects on the game as a whole. To get most tradable vanity item u must use plats($$$) but non tradable u can use in game currency.

A lot of games that try to squeeze ever penny out of players usually start making all best item in the game only available by using $$$. Pocket legend did do that with pure weapons and dev pet but that was along time ago when level 100 was max level.

Pocket legend pretty much allow players to earn pretty much all the new items (high damage pet, arcane weapon -only boat is good other one need buff asap- etc just playing the events and which they drop—- and also allow players to buy the items with in game currency like coins or tokens which are same stats but are not tradable which is great for the people who had bad luck getting a good drop from monsters. (example of this would be last most recent event a few days ago and which the rarest items were not even attainable with plats( cash currency) or in game currency (coins or tokens) but were only dropped by killing monsters and playing the event.

—Just wounded what items were you referring to——————————————————————-
    Cinco please please replace the nitrogen use on arcane weapon with aviation fuel.. I want them weapons to be like Thrust SSC – 771mph killing everything in sight!! Name:  Adjustments.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  968.8 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quests for pets with high enough stats to make leveling fun and somewhat challenging for new players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hjable View Post
    I don’t know if u know this but cosmetic vanity’s has no real negative effects on the game as a whole. To get most tradable vanity item u must use plats($$$) but non tradable u can use in game currency.

A lot of games that try to squeeze ever penny out of players usually start making all best item in the game only available by using $$$. Pocket legend did do that with pure weapons and dev pet but that was along time ago when level 100 was max level.

Pocket legend pretty much allow players to earn pretty much all the new items (high damage pet, arcane weapon -only boat is good other one need buff asap- etc just playing the events and which they drop—- and also allow players to buy the items with in game currency like coins or tokens which are same stats but are not tradable which is great for the people who had bad luck getting a good drop from monsters. (example of this would be last most recent event a few days ago and which the rarest items were not even attainable with plats( cash currency) or in game currency (coins or tokens) but were only dropped by killing monsters and playing the event.

—Just wounded what items were you referring to——————————————————————-
    Cinco please please replace the nitrogen use on arcane weapon with aviation fuel.. I want them weapons to be like Thrust SSC – 771mph killing everything in sight!! Name:  Adjustments.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  968.8 KB
    Yes, true it allows players who have progressed and made it to 110 to farm these items/buy items with tokens. The new player who doesn’t buy plat cannot have this option. So pretty much really means “players who already hold a 110 or players who are manipulating the the system to get these new pets”; i.e., level 2s getting getting 5 tokens for just making a game and remaking afterwards. What I’m addressing is the vanities which give extra stats in pve. Most of these indirectly cost plat to attain. In theory they can be attained, if the new player decides to cap without spending plat. Which I don’t know if she/he is dedicated to invest their time tbh. Oh, for the those older players who think this might be a toxic post. I guess they can see the demise of this game by being soft (people pleasers) and not really addressing any of the problems in current pl. The problem is inconsistency of long term players. The solution is updates to keep older players; these updates offer a quick fix with new vanities/items. The new player cannot afford to invest money and time to get these vanities. I stand with my previous post, these updates are really just postponing the inevitable. I don’t blame PL; these updates aren’t for the people, they are for the welfare of their company at this point. Not really worth pondering over pve/pvp until this is fixed. (Sorry if I offended anyone, this is my attempt to voice my concern. Seems like I already did though)
    Last edited by SillyJuan; 05-04-2020 at 10:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Nice feedback by the way and your post are not toxic in anyway

I was able to cap 5 lvl 110 last events from level 105. On my way I watched a lot of lower level cap as well. It’s true higher level players ( 110) would have much easier time attaining the good items especially because the loot dropped to low level player was experience orbs and bday boxes which does cost plats to open or could be sold for mad loot. Just capping them 5 toons I got over 250- 350 bday boxes and if I was to sell them for like 250k(cheap) each it would be 62.5m enough to buy dev and any armor Set I want.

That last event the maker (cinco) I believe did post that people had about a year to prepare for the event and it would prove prob difficult for anyone under 100.

Because of all the mass orb drops new level one could cap so easily doing these xp orbs event which I think is great so that can do end game stuff with us( no pets , fancy gear was needed for them to cap. All that was needed was luck for a 110 or a group of 105 plus to join there game or not kick them)

I don’t feel like we got any expansions (besides 110 update) just event and it would be cool to add something permanent new to the game once a month. And also keep events coming

A lot of people prob haven’t Figured out that they could have use any of the old Legendary vainity armor for damage boosts for the events and some are pretty cheap and ugly. Legendary vainity work in legendary zones. So the newer ones aren’t needed.( more reason why we need a in game armory guide).

And one more thing I’ll like to add is if a lower level player does not have combo like 3x the game is so hard if not Impossible for a new player if there not in a group after like level 25 without max gear, pet, elites , or using a range weapon and single pulling (boring) which is kinda discouraging for a lot of new players to continue playing once hitting that level. It worked when the game first came out because the game was active but most people that hit that kinda wall (can’t find a group) would just find a different game to play. And for those that wanna play that way ( people that already maxed) can just remove that daily combo start a new char with nothing gg lol.

Maybe a good solution to finding a group is to add some kinda groups finder to the game that reward players with groups finder tokens to join in and have there stats reduce to the map level with no combo, pets, elite etc. I’ll love to see something like this added and it’ll be fun

And about all the the legendary vainity equipment. I don’t think any of them should be removed from the game because there now are a important part of the game for reaching high score during legendary events. If it wasn’t for a score board I would say they don’t matter. But if we’re going to have legendary events( were legendary bonus works) they should all continue being drop but not at the higher rate when they first came out. Would be great to reduce there drop rate of green harvest and other legendary items at same drop rate as that black gold trim one when it was first release (almost impossible to get). It was so much fun trying to farm that set but I didn’t get one drop then they made it a lot easier to get the following event I didn’t even bother with it. If they add more and more legendary to the roll table it’ll be dope and who ever get that low drop legendary gonna be so happy $$$$( unless it’s one of the ugly ones). We use to farm sets like green dragon let’s bring those good old days back with legendary permanent zone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hjable; 05-04-2020 at 11:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Weirdo View Post
    Quests for pets with high enough stats to make leveling fun and somewhat challenging for new players.
    Yeah agree a started quest pet and rebalancing xp and rewards for low level should be be updated at least to level 50 or 60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk