Thread: PVP unbalanced

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default PVP unbalanced

The PVP aspect of the game is so unbalanced.
    I was in the festerfang arena for a whole day today observing who would always win fights there and can’t help but notice warriors dominating every single time. Rogues can compete against em but sorcerers most of time get **** on 1 vs 1 against other classes.

PVE i dont mind the overpowerness of rogues and tanks as a mage but in pvp it’s hella broken

Thoughts.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trolmurk For This Useful Post:

Hel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Observing festerfang arena "pvp"
    I'm dead

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thaze For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Nice observations. Try actual pvp next time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Killerjam For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Hahahahahha. PVP in Outpost. I needed that ty. Really if you want to "compete" get 6/6 mire and a ton of elixirs. Instant champion.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to capeo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Thanks for that laugh!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

The main reason for PvP unbalance isnt gears. The main and primary reason has always been ping. Yes gears and class meta are also a reason but secondary

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Unbalance class + arcane ping= rip pvp

12. The Following User Says Thank You to snakeeyes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Even you have better gear and better strategy than your opponent you will lose because of arcane ping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

> The PVP aspect of the game is so unbalanced
    > I was in festerfang arena

Let's stop right there.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

The fester arena is nothing that you can see as competive or fair/"balanced" pvp zone. Its a nice addition to the game but the system of going in and out, elixirs and sets buffs and no allowed pets make it impossible to balance. Thats why many, especially older players make fun of that zone - it has not much in common with pvp maps.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

To me all classes are balanced with tanks leading. But mages need an amour buff, without their shields they are always one hit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

try observe on real pvp map next time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I feel like the people giving the OP crap are toxic and part of the reason why improvements to the game doesn't happen and it discourages new people from continuing to play the game. Yes, you old time players might be jaded by the real pvp, and even if festerfang outpost is not it, it's still a feature in the game and should be accessible to every type of player. It seems very negligent (and not smart) of the developers to introduce a feature into the game that only two classes can participate in and enjoy while excluding an another. It's ridiculous how mages NEVER have a chance at the outpost and gets one shotted while warriors can enjoy what seems like an endless amount of attacks and rogues can one hit kill anyone and also have a decent durability. Many people who go to the outpost are casual, not hardcore or rich, so if they are a mage they won't have the top broken equipment to even have a chance. I think the devs need to balance out this area since more people rather have casual fun here than do actual pvp.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Indigo_84 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_84 View Post
    I feel like the people giving the OP crap are toxic and part of the reason why improvements to the game doesn't happen and it discourages new people from continuing to play the game. Yes, you old time players might be jaded by the real pvp, and even if festerfang outpost is not it, it's still a feature in the game and should be accessible to every type of player. It seems very negligent (and not smart) of the developers to introduce a feature into the game that only two classes can participate in and enjoy while excluding an another. It's ridiculous how mages NEVER have a chance at the outpost and gets one shotted while warriors can enjoy what seems like an endless amount of attacks and rogues can one hit kill anyone and also have a decent durability. Many people who go to the outpost are casual, not hardcore or rich, so if they are a mage they won't have the top broken equipment to even have a chance. I think the devs need to balance out this area since more people rather have casual fun here than do actual pvp.
    On this note, has anyone bothered to check with the other players whether they use buffs/elixirs or not? I’ve tried all 3 classes before, and so long as you’re equipped with arc 76 + 6/6, using the following buffs : 25%dmg ad, 15%armor ad, 30%dmg elix, 25%dmg reduction elix, cryo gem, and orc effigy buff, you’ll be gucci when facing off against anyone with a similar build. Of course, if someone has spent more money on their gears to get better awakes, won’t it only be logical for them to dominate the field? Just my two cents.

If you’d like to prove a point that a class is way domineering over the others, prove your point in an actual pvp arena, where buffs/elixirs are disabled.

And of course, potting is a big factor too.
    Last edited by Archugejackmen; 07-22-2020 at 07:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I can't really judge actual PVP. Even though I started playing this game when it first came out, I never involved myself in PVP (my pvp win and lose stats are both still 0 to this day). I always been a casual player, taking several years break and coming back on and off and with this coronavirus pandemic I'm back to playing. I do know that in the beginning years of this game PVP was very unbalanced in favor of mostly rogues and somewhat warriors and having always been a mage, and a casual player, this was the biggest deterrent for me to engage in pvp. It seems like they fixed and did some balancing throughout the years but I will remain a non pvp player. But I also think one reason why I don't is because I know I'll suck in it and I don't want other players to see a horrible win loss rate.

My comment is really about festerfang outpost and as I said, it being a feature (that should be for all players) is not accessible for mages (when I say not accessible I'm thinking of an analogy like trying to go into a room but always getting pushed out the door, that's what I mean and in this case the mages are always trying to enter the arena but in this case they get killed). I have talked to one mage who claimed to have the best equipment and set up in the game and he only did decently in the arena and still got one shotted half the time. If having the top gears, awakening, elixirs and spending money indicates how well you do at the outposts, does that mean only warriors and rogues have the best and spend money or are the only hardcore players? That can't be true. You can't sit here and tell me that this arena is fair when 98% of the time only a warrior gets to have all the fun.

Again, I already know you hardcore players don't really care about festerfang (so no need to constantly mention that this is not pvp, I know it's not), but a lot of casual long time players actually like it and, unfortunately, if you're a mage you're stuck being a spectator. And then there are also some other people who will use the outpost to gauge how pvp actually is and if they see how horribly unfair it is they'll never want to do it.

So balancing this outpost may not be of any concern to you serious players, but for those who want to have casual fun it would really be appreciated. Yes, serious players are important to this game as they keep the longevity of this game running but if you're gonna introduce a feature that might deter causals or new ones (because of balancing issues) then it can be problematic. And also, new people come into these forums for help a lot and if the old players are gonna be toxic and make fun of them then this game can say bye bye to a strong growing community.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Mages are op in outpost just like every other class with 6/6 and all the elixirs. It's gear just like every map.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trolmurk View Post
    The PVP aspect of the game is so unbalanced.
    I was in the festerfang arena for a whole day today observing who would always win fights there and can’t help but notice warriors dominating every single time. Rogues can compete against em but sorcerers most of time get **** on 1 vs 1 against other classes.

PVE i dont mind the overpowerness of rogues and tanks as a mage but in pvp it’s hella broken

Thoughts.
    The game is pretty balanced. With mages and rogues it's whoever hits first, with a warrior you need to burst down quickly and avoid jugg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_84 View Post
    So a casual mage has the gear but the desire to kill all too? What should STS do for the legendary gear mage? Give it extra 5k damage? Don't really understand what you are suggesting here. Before I was a level 76 warrior I had 6/6 mire with an ebon sword, even then I had difficulties killing players, including mages, if you want to PvP then PvP with casual players not the one's who are more geared. I have met mages which can kill a full mire warrior, or that are as tanky as a warrior almost. It's all about the gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I already said multiple times in my second reply that my issue is not about actual pvp, but FESTERFANG OUTPOST itself that needs to be balanced. There's really no point for a mage to be there.