Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Default Has Pocket Legends "Jumped the Shark?"

Hello all! Bronxman here.

One of the most important campaigns in the history of Pocket Legends is coming out, and that is the campaign of Humania. Now, before I continue, let me say that I believe Pocket Legends has NOT jumped the shark.

For those of you who do not know, "jumping the shark" is 'an idiom used to describe the moment in the evolution of a game when it begins a decline in quality that is beyond recovery. It is synonymous with the phrase, "the beginning of the end." It also means and/or is often signified by a particular scene/episode/aspect of a game in which the developers use some type of "gimmick" in a desperate attempt to keep players' interest.'

--Wikipedia

Note: One of The Bronxman's fans, Atlannie, informed him that he did not give Wikipedia credit for this.

Here is why I ask this.

1. A year ago, Pocket Legends was truly innovative. However, the last two campaigns have not been well received. Note that I loved both Nuri's Hollows and Mt. Fang, but many other players believe that Alien Oasis was the last great campaign.

2. More and more games are copying the "Pocket Legends" template. I'm not going to name them on here, but there are games which are stealing thunder from Pocket Legends.

3. There have been several posts on this forum from players who are leaving for "better pastures."

For what it is worth, here is my recommendation. Usually, a new campaign occurs every 3 months, which would normally place this month as the release date for Humania. I would advise the PL developers NOT to do this. Instead, if they were to release it in May, and have it be better in terms of quality, PL would again reclaim its greatness.

Just my two cents.

What's your opinion? We'd like to know.

Has Pocket Legends jumped the shark?

P.S. Swimmingstar gets credit for this Bronxerrific suggestion of creating a poll for your results. Thanks, Swimming, and your Bronxamaniac application is currently being processed.
    Last edited by Bronxman2012; 01-30-2012 at 04:40 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bronxman2012 For This Useful Post: