Thread: What do you guys think about this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Default What do you guys think about this

In light of the recent discussions about class balance and about weapon balance, I have a question to y’all. This has been on my mind for quite awhile now and I am curious about the community’s opinion as well (and hopefully if sts is reading this, they can get a clear sense as to what the community really wants).

What do you guys think about the arcane weapons procs in the game? Are they enough? Should they be buffed or nerfed?

What do you think about the increasing pet buffs that are given? Are the 25/30/50% stacking dmg buff good for the game?

I’ll start.

I am deeply concerned about the Power Creep in this game. The legendary-mythic items no matter the level have become obsolete. As someone who uses Duggar dagger and ebon armor, I’ll say that the procs of those type of weapons and armor are too much( getting 16-35k dmg when your base dmg is only 6.5k is crazy). Add to the fact that different weapon procs can stack and it ends up being op. I would hate to see if procs just keep on becoming more and more op in future expansions (from 10k base to 100-150k dmg). Players who have legendary-mythic gears cannot keep up. It isn’t right that the playstyle is to solely rely on procs.

What I would like to see happen is a nerf on the procs while a slight buff on the base stats of these weapons (they have to stay arcane after all). It would also be good to nerf the maps (just a little bit). Why nerf maps? It’s so that those with legendary-mythic can do better and so that the recently nerfed arcane weapons can still be good to run with. Doing these eliminates the need for the ridiculously strong procs. With enough balancing there might not even be a need a for procs to stack (I know warriors may be against this but the proc stacks is so op it isn’t fair to average players—especially average warriors who can’t do much dmg/tanking).
    I also do not like the idea of just straight up buffing the legendary-mythic gears because the point is to stop a playstyle that rely on procs and to slow/stop the power creep.

I have the same power creep concerns with pets too. This was especially clear when werewiger came out. I’m worried that pretty soon pets with 50% dmg happiness bonus and 50% stacking aa dmg are going to come out making current arcane pets useless. The only solution I can think is an overall nerf to the pets who give %dmg happiness. The result of the nerf is weaker buffs but at least there isn’t a great dmg difference between pets which doesn’t force players to choose one pet over the other. And with the slight nerf of maps the nerf won’t hit the players too hard. Or maybe release pets that does something completely new (I don’t have an idea but it has to be something useful), and who knows with these new pets, new play styles will emerge.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Kind of agree with u. +1

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

+1000
    im a ebon arc weapon gun/staff 76 user and i was forced to leave 10 Maps because i cant kill bosses alone .
    If friends or guildmates are busy u are literally dommed to continue quit Maps.
    Its very sad that i have to leave people with full arcane lv 71 Items because the gap Is so insane and those weapons Turned into trash today.
    +1000
    To stop stack of damage.
    Valley arte, buried set , arc weap lv 76 should not stack , if some of those proc at same time Just Better One remain on.
    Or the result Is 60 k damage and its not good at all for obvius reasons.

About the Pets current higher dmg Is Electra35%dmg, and stacking AA arc reppy 25% dmg. this limit should not be crossed , i personally prefer different stast in Pets.
    Most liked ability are:
    Armor
    Boss damage
    Move Speed
    Critical
    Haste
    High healt regen - High mana regen
    Gold loot (not too high)

People Will complains for sure but soon they Will regret It.
    In my experience i was a strong supporter of awake in pvp because of Gold spent, and the entire mode Is now destroyed. Today i litteraly agree with all thread that want them disabled or new zone with no awakens careless of Money spent.
    Dont make It appens for pve too .
    Peace,respectful complains below.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dispressor View Post
    +1000
    im a ebon arc weapon gun/staff 76 user and i was forced to leave 10 Maps because i cant kill bosses alone .
    If friends or guildmates are busy u are literally dommed to continue quit Maps.
    Its very sad that i have to leave people with full arcane lv 71 Items because the gap Is so insane and those weapons Turned into trash today.
    +1000
    To stop stack of damage.
    Valley arte, buried set , arc weap lv 76 should not stack , if some of those proc at same time Just Better One remain on.
    Or the result Is 60 k damage and its not good at all for obvius reasons.

About the Pets current higher dmg Is Electra35%dmg, and stacking AA arc reppy 25% dmg. this limit should not be crossed , i personally prefer different stast in Pets.
    Most liked ability are:
    Armor
    Boss damage
    Move Speed
    Critical
    Haste
    High healt regen - High mana regen
    Gold loot (not too high)

People Will complains for sure but soon they Will regret It.
    In my experience i was a strong supporter of awake in pvp because of Gold spent, and the entire mode Is now destroyed. Today i litteraly agree with all thread that want them disabled or new zone with no awakens careless of Money spent.
    Dont make It appens for pve too .
    Peace,respectful complains below.
    Thank you for the reply. I agree with you that it’s sad seeing such a huge difference between 76 and 71 arcane weapons.

Your idea about the pet dmg buff having a limit might be interesting. I think that by having this limit Devs can introduce other ways that new pets can be useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I think that the main reason for the power creep in the game is so that people will spend money to buy the new stuff. While I do understand that the game needs financial support, I think that there should be other ways to meet this need. If you guys have other ideas comment them, I’m curious.

My idea (and honestly idk if this is good or bad) is a monthly subscription to the game. It doesn’t have to be expensive, it can be very little. I don’t think this should be too much of an issue as there are already a lot players that have spent real money in the game. Even just a little money can become something big if a lot of players chip in. This subscription will help in some way with the financial cost to develop the game. A monthly subscription also results in a steady stream of income, that way Devs won’t have to make an event that causes a spike in a number of people spending a lot of money to get the good stuff (ex: last marvel event). In the beginning this maybe be tough to implement and continue, but my hope is that with better updates to the game that is focused on balance rather than making players spend, the better the game will be; which in turn more players will be satisfied and happy which could attract newer players to the game, resulting in more money for the company, and will eventually be sustainable.