Thread: Delete the stupid arcane esb (and dodge)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Default Delete the stupid arcane esb (and dodge)

This weapon has completely ruined pvp. Every single class uses this weapon and it is so insanely dumb. People who have zero clue what they are doing can easily win fights because they get random 4k crits and dodge 2+ attacks. Myth pvp was already dumb before this weapon came into the game, now it’s borderline unplayable because every single 3v3 ffa fight is 6 esbs 2 shotting each other. Most fights between 2 skilled players now just comes down to who dodges more.

Either add other arcane pieces that give tons of health/armor, or remove this stupid item.

Also, remove dodge from the game because it just adds an unnecessary luck aspect to fights. I shouldn’t lose to players after successfully kiting their skills multiple times just because they dodge 4 straight attacks while i dodge none.

If someone is better than me, they should be able to kill me every single time. I should never be able to win a fight just because i get lucky and someone else doesn’t. I’d love to have dodge completely removed so i can truly see how much worse i am compared to other players.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Misfit For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    This weapon has completely ruined pvp. Every single class uses this weapon and it is so insanely dumb. People who have zero clue what they are doing can easily win fights because they get random 4k crits and dodge 2+ attacks. Myth pvp was already dumb before this weapon came into the game, now it’s borderline unplayable because every single 3v3 ffa fight is 6 esbs 2 shotting each other. Most fights between 2 skilled players now just comes down to who dodges more.

Either add other arcane pieces that give tons of health/armor, or remove this stupid item.

Also, remove dodge from the game because it just adds an unnecessary luck aspect to fights. I shouldn’t lose to players after successfully kiting their skills multiple times just because they dodge 4 straight attacks while i dodge none.

If someone is better than me, they should be able to kill me every single time. I should never be able to win a fight just because i get lucky and someone else doesn’t. I’d love to have dodge completely removed so i can truly see how much worse i am compared to other players.
    Who asked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I'm gonna agree on the fact they should bring out arcane gear with more armor and health. Leave dodge alone is been there since the beginning and it's not just about luck takes skill in building your set and attack patterns as well. I played dodge bird at L30pvp and dodge bear at level 40pvp atm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Delete the stupid arcane esb (and dodge)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    Auto damage is too high, fact. Should be lowered even if not there's a better solution, decreasing it's range to proper values to PL norms. I bet, it solve many issues including servility of other classes and I can say I'd use Talon over ESB even with current dmg. Dodge doesn't decide every single fight, not correct. Coming to it latter.
    I'm wondering if myth pvp was already dumb then what made u takes SS all day and spam about it all the time everywhere, ROFL just funny.

Arcane boat has very high auto damage but not skill damage, it will cause huge imbalance, u don't wanna totally dependent on auto damage and wait for auto to do significant damage . That's not the way. I don't think they would remove / take back something that already given.

Finally to the dodge phobia :
    1- Just because you are used to observe dodge when it not favoring u, doesn't mean u do "zero" dodge and opponent does dodge streak all the time, It just that u deny to look at dodges when u get a win with a dodge because it's u so it's skilled, but u observe dodge when u see ur own hits get dodged.

But that's not the case, everyone get their turn, sometime no dodge sometime a streak but that would be rarer just the way probability works.

2- It's not like dodge just arrived in a package with Myth pvp, it have been there always with PL in fact currently there's dodge cap which is pretty much at good state than some earlier caps eg it was at peak L77 cap. Hopefully you remember bears with 90+ dodge and at L77 mages with 90+ dodges as well. Here I'll clear it so that u can better understand as u might refer dodge streak to those values. No it's not. 90 dodge means, most of the fights, you will see a dodge streak of 9/10, u can do 9/10 dodge with 40 dodge as well but that would be very rare that's the difference.

3-
    a) Dodge adds dynamics to the mechanism otherwise it will be more linear
    b) There are lots skills that would be obsolete other than doing flat damage to opponent, dodge buff debuffs etc
    c) Dodge is not totally skill less, rather it makes u use ur skills systematically, u put dodge debuffs at right place in ur combo depending upon opponent otherwise just go and spam ur high damaging skills = win against every class. U see what looks like total luck is actually an anti spam mechanism we know some birds urge to spam skills.
    d) STR bird doesn't and can't get more dodge with buff and that's due to dodge cap, change that back dated statement, that long gone.
    Last edited by Waug; 05-06-2020 at 06:57 AM.