Thread: Level 30 Lost Expedition Honor Sets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Default Level 30 Lost Expedition Honor Sets

The current Level 30 honor gear lacks the nessessary stats that keeps PvP nice and balanced. I'm aware that a update towards honor is likely to happen but i will make this thread as a what if. I would love to see this be the main face of honor, paying tribute to one of the most balanced and cheapest sets of PvP gear that paved the way for many players. Level 30 honor gear would play the role of a balanced PvP and pure nostalgia. So without further ado let's grab our shiv mages and kite our way into this thread before the beck stomp arrives.

Shiv, Iceberg, and brain freeze was easily one of the cheapest and most balanced sets in this games entire existence. With a price of only 20-40k for shiv set, the most expensive of the three, you see exactly why 30 was such a fan favorite amongst the community. Obtaining this gear was easy enough if you could run the frozen nightmare to obtain them. With a drop rate that's almost as good as skellers krunch it would nearly take you about 30 minutes at most to have a fully decked out character meant for PvP. When entering a level 30 lobby the first thing you'd have been greeted to was everyone using the same exact gear you was. There were no paws or toys. Barely no reapers or forgotten items. Just Shiv, Iceberg, and brain freeze. "But why?" you may ask. Why would such a cheap set of gear be so abundant in PvP where exclusive items should reign supreme? The truth is, these 3 sets can out preform or compete on the same level as event weapons. It wasn't until recently with the introduction of elite weapons and armor did they finally fall out of grace, but they are not dead yet. They can still be used. In honor.

There are 2 ways the devs can do this. The first route is by just adding the 3 sets into the players store for 30k, like how honor gear is, and be done with it. If you ask me that's quite boring. Here is what I'd do. Similar to how the Shadow Minion Disguise became a craftable Level 1 vanity, i would allow the players to combine the Level 30 honor sets, of their class attributes, with one of the 3 sets, of the same atrribute. Here is a example. To make a full Level 30 Iceberg hatchet set for honor the player will have to craft to the 2 together. Since there is no iceberg helmet that will be skipped. The bear honor sword is be combined with either the Iceberg hatchet or Blitz sword to form a Level 30 iceberg honor hatchet/Sword. The Warrior armor will be combined with the Iceberg plate armor to form a Level 30 Iceberg honor armor. Since a shield doesn't exist for warrior honor it will be turned instead listed combined with a recipe that turns it into a honor shield, like how shadow minion is. The honor ring and amulet stats.

For each piece of gear that can't be combined, such as shields, longswords, bows, crossbows, staffs, and helmets, they will be combined with a new recipe that will turn them into honor honor gear. I believe that the players should have freedom of choice in using what ever gear they want. If a bird wants to use iceberg then there would be no problem. Players can also swap between weapons, of the same honor set, at will. The only thing that should not happen is mixing gear together. Shiv talon should not be used with iceberg.

This is just a what if but im sure everyone in 40 would prefer this.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MageFFA For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    The current Level 30 honor gear lacks the nessessary stats that keeps PvP nice and balanced. I'm aware that a update towards honor is likely to happen but i will make this thread as a what if. I would love to see this be the main face of honor, paying tribute to one of the most balanced and cheapest sets of PvP gear that paved the way for many players. Level 30 honor gear would play the role of a balanced PvP and pure nostalgia. So without further ado let's grab our shiv mages and kite our way into this thread before the beck stomp arrives.

Shiv, Iceberg, and brain freeze was easily one of the cheapest and most balanced sets in this games entire existence. With a price of only 20-40k for shiv set, the most expensive of the three, you see exactly why 30 was such a fan favorite amongst the community. Obtaining this gear was easy enough if you could run the frozen nightmare to obtain them. With a drop rate that's almost as good as skellers krunch it would nearly take you about 30 minutes at most to have a fully decked out character meant for PvP. When entering a level 30 lobby the first thing you'd have been greeted to was everyone using the same exact gear you was. There were no paws or toys. Barely no reapers or forgotten items. Just Shiv, Iceberg, and brain freeze. "But why?" you may ask. Why would such a cheap set of gear be so abundant in PvP where exclusive items should reign supreme? The truth is, these 3 sets can out preform or compete on the same level as event weapons. It wasn't until recently with the introduction of elite weapons and armor did they finally fall out of grace, but they are not dead yet. They can still be used. In honor.

There are 2 ways the devs can do this. The first route is by just adding the 3 sets into the players store for 30k, like how honor gear is, and be done with it. If you ask me that's quite boring. Here is what I'd do. Similar to how the Shadow Minion Disguise became a craftable Level 1 vanity, i would allow the players to combine the Level 30 honor sets, of their class attributes, with one of the 3 sets, of the same atrribute. Here is a example. To make a full Level 30 Iceberg hatchet set for honor the player will have to craft to the 2 together. Since there is no iceberg helmet that will be skipped. The bear honor sword is be combined with either the Iceberg hatchet or Blitz sword to form a Level 30 iceberg honor hatchet/Sword. The Warrior armor will be combined with the Iceberg plate armor to form a Level 30 Iceberg honor armor. Since a shield doesn't exist for warrior honor it will be turned instead listed combined with a recipe that turns it into a honor shield, like how shadow minion is. The honor ring and amulet stats.

For each piece of gear that can't be combined, such as shields, longswords, bows, crossbows, staffs, and helmets, they will be combined with a new recipe that will turn them into honor honor gear. I believe that the players should have freedom of choice in using what ever gear they want. If a bird wants to use iceberg then there would be no problem. Players can also swap between weapons, of the same honor set, at will. The only thing that should not happen is mixing gear together. Shiv talon should not be used with iceberg.

This is just a what if but im sure everyone in 40 would prefer this.
    And l70 tiki god sets

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to holdmytalons For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

A quick update. The Honor helmets should consist of 3 different helmets. Str, dex, and int.

The Dex helmet stats should be: 10 Dex, 5% Hit, 4% crit, 1H/s, 1M/s, 8 Damage, 8 Armor

The Int helmet stats should be: 10 Int, 1% Dodge, 2% Crit, 2 H/s, 3 M/s, 5 Damage, 7 Armor

The Str helmet stats should be: 10 Str, 1% Dodge, 1% Hit, 2% Crit, 3 H/s, 3 M/s, 5 damage, 12 Armor

I don't know what use the rings would play in this. Most likely just give the stats 10 damage 2 hit for each attribute or leave clean.
    Last edited by MageFFA; 05-04-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by holdmytalons View Post
    And l70 tiki god sets
    Something like this thread should be done for each level range. A way this can be achieved is making honor gear a new item grade that doesn't have the effects of enchantments. Nearly everyone i know what's to return back to their roots in PL. That's L30, 35, 45, 50, 51, 56, 61, 66, 71, 76, and 77. There should be no reason why the abundance of gear that exists from 50 to 77 is producing such a dead PvP population.

What the devs need to do is capitalize off the fact that these absurdly high rerolls and pets will make gear easily obtainable. Most farmers and PvPers will spend time and effort in farming the old campaign to loot up. 50-71 will become another extremely active PvP zone if we are given the ability of item conversion. The thought of turning non elite and event based gear into a honor arena set would be highly anticipated by everyone. Imagine a Honor arena where everyone can use sewers and glyph sets in 56, sang for 61. Who wouldn't want this?

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MageFFA For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Something like this thread should be done for each level range. A way this can be achieved is making honor gear a new item grade that doesn't have the effects of enchantments. Nearly everyone i know what's to return back to their roots in PL. That's L30, 35, 45, 50, 51, 56, 61, 66, 71, 76, and 77. There should be no reason why the abundance of gear that exists from 50 to 77 is producing such a dead PvP population.

What the devs need to do is capitalize off the fact that these absurdly high rerolls and pets will make gear easily obtainable. Most farmers and PvPers will spend time and effort in farming the old campaign to loot up. 50-71 will become another extremely active PvP zone if we are given the ability of item conversion. The thought of turning non elite and event based gear into a honor arena set would be highly anticipated by everyone. Imagine a Honor arena where everyone can use sewers and glyph sets in 56, sang for 61. Who wouldn't want this?
    Great idea would make alot of people return to the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

I agree with this as well. My fondest memories of PL were PVPing at lower levels (specifically 51-61). Implementing some sort of fix, such as that described above, has the potential to revive PVP at levels other than endgame. This could substantially increase active player base by encouraging past players who have left to return and play what they previously enjoy. If PVP is changed to resemble how it was previous to arena modifier changes or enchantments, a more enjoyable experience can be had by all.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hahahahabirdy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

All of the above with the much sought-after equipment-level specific honor arenas.

Love the crafting idea. There should be more crafting in general, when the whole system is overhauled.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

This idea has my utmost support. My 66 and 71 toons have been collecting dust since 2017.