Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arcane legends Subscription

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Thumbs up Arcane legends Subscription

First I’d like to state I’m fully aware of Handsumlegends thread, however my idea is different. I think it would be neat to have some sort of monthly subscription in AL, not a battle pass or anything like that, but just a monthly subscription. There are several other mmorpg games that have successfully done this, one of them being Adventure Quest Worlds. Now as for what the premium subscription would be:

1. A gold colored IGN, (like hardcore names but gold, also would only last while the subscription is active)
    2. one BOUND awakening gem, respec or ankh randomly given once a day.
    3. A 25% xp boost while the subscription is active only.

This should cost around $5-10 a month. There’s no quest or anything required to get these, it’s just like a monthly subscription on anything. I personally love new content on AL, but I also know it cost $$$, this would be an optional subscription to help support the game more and it would not affect users stats or gameplay.

Please provide constructive criticism, or other ideas you have for what should or shouldn’t be included in the subscription.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdager View Post
    First I’d like to state I’m fully aware of Handsumlegends thread, however my idea is different. I think it would be neat to have some sort of monthly subscription in AL, not a battle pass or anything like that, but just a monthly subscription. There are several other mmorpg games that have successfully done this, one of them being Adventure Quest Worlds. Now as for what the premium subscription would be:

1. A gold colored IGN, (like hardcore names but gold, also would only last while the subscription is active)

This should cost around $5-10 a month. There’s no quest or anything required to get these, it’s just like a monthly subscription on anything. I personally love new content on AL, but I also know it cost $$$, this would be an optional subscription to help support the game more and it would not affect users stats or gameplay.

Please provide constructive criticism, or other ideas you have for what should or shouldn’t be included in the subscription.
    Monthly plat based on how you pay (month, 3 months, Year)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xudo View Post
    Monthly plat based on how you pay (month, 3 months, Year)

I think you are suggesting for the subscription to give platinum, if that’s the case I’m going to have to disagree, the subscription shouldn’t give gold/platinum seeing as both of those affect gameplay a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I think you are suggesting for the subscription to give platinum, if that’s the case I’m going to have to disagree, the subscription shouldn’t give gold/platinum seeing as both of those affect gameplay a lot.
    Yeah and it would make most of the game more accessible. Oh no! People cant overpriced awakes anymore!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Platinum is better for subscribtion

Gesendet von meinem SM-A505FN mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Ankh and respec scroll no, we are maxed out on those. Maybe energy kits, jewels, house items, and maybe good pet eggs. Not legendary 2k auc eggs, something like 200k-500k heroic eggs.

Though I don't spend money in games, giving a suggestion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Ankh and respec scroll no, we are maxed out on those. Maybe energy kits, jewels, house items, and maybe good pet eggs. Not legendary 2k auc eggs, something like 200k-500k heroic eggs.

Though I don't spend money in games, giving a suggestion.
    Ankh and respec aren't the best for OP players but great for new players, what about a daily bound chest? It can contain a bound awakes, ankhs, respecs, and other currencies besides gold/plat, possibly a few decent eggs or a subscriber vanity or bound elixirs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

I would only do it for platinum and free access to events or free access to premium bosses. Everything else is very farmable.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

You are aware of his/her thread? Are you also aware that nobody wanted it to be implemented? Looks like you missed it.

Sent from my SM-A105F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jausa View Post
    You are aware of his/her thread? Are you also aware that nobody wanted it to be implemented? Looks like you missed it.

It seems you only read the first sentence of my thread. The second clearly states my idea is different, also if you’d read the comments here I don’t see anyone saying no, my idea only shares a “monthly charge” with handsome’s thread, that’s all. Please only give useful feedback or constructive criticism on this thread.
    Last edited by Snowdager; 05-07-2020 at 09:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    I would only do it for platinum and free access to events or free access to premium bosses. Everything else is very farmable.
    Hmm, free access to events would be a major advantage, what about 1/2 energy crafting time? Or other things like that? Since you are the 3rd person to ask for platinum I guess people do want it, I originally didn’t include platinum because I figured most people wouldn’t want it included, what do you think about the colored name?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

It seems you only read the first sentence of my thread. The second clearly states my idea is different, also if you’d read the comments here I don’t see anyone saying no, my idea only shares a “monthly charge” with handsome’s thread, that’s all. Please only give useful feedback or constructive criticism on this thread.
    It's the same thing, a different name. A monthly subscription. Nobody wanted it, they shouldn't add it. If you are trying to make the game better they should just add packs of items that players might need, so they can actually pick and buy what they need instead of this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

It's the same thing, a different name. A monthly subscription. Nobody wanted it, they shouldn't add it. If you are trying to make the game better they should just add packs of items that players might need, so they can actually pick and buy what they need instead of this.

No it’s not, they suggested a battle pass which would be a monthly fee and have a ranking system, mine is just a monthly fee for a reward. The people who commented besides you are interested in it. If you aren't going to read my post then stay off my thread please and thank you.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

No it’s not, they suggested a battle pass which would be a monthly fee and have a ranking system, mine is just a monthly fee for a reward. The people who commented besides you are interested in it. If you aren't going to read my post then stay off my thread please and thank you.
    Firstly tell me why is there a need for such a thing instead of just adding packs of items into the store? A monthly fee for a reward is what a battle pass is lmao. I don't see people agreeing, I see people suggesting. Your thread is open for public discussion, now you are asking people to stay off it because they don't agree?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Firstly tell me why is there a need for such a thing instead of just adding packs of items into the store? A monthly fee for a reward is what a battle pass is lmao. I don't see people agreeing, I see people suggesting. Your thread is open for public discussion, now you are asking people to stay off it because they don't agree?

A monthly fee for a reward isn’t a battle pass. I asked you to stay off if you can’t provide constructive criticism. Since you clearly don’t understand the difference between a subscription and a battle pass I’ll give you the definition.

Battle pass:

“In the video game industry, a battle pass is a type of monetization approach that provides additional content for a game usually through a tiered system, rewarding the player with in-game items by playing the game and completing specific challenges.

Monthly Subscription:

“A subscription is an agreement between a supplier and customer that the customer will receive and provide payment for regular products or services“

A “monthly subscription” is paying monthly for something, in this case, in game items. A “battle pass” is a tiered system which users earn rewards by completing challenges

The reason I’m suggesting this is because it would be making STS money on a monthly basis instead of just whenever people want to buy plat. If AL generates more income for STS it would mean better content in-game (devs correct me if I’m wrong).

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

A monthly fee for a reward isn’t a battle pass. I asked you to stay off if you can’t provide constructive criticism. Since you clearly don’t understand the difference between a subscription and a battle pass I’ll give you the definition.

Battle pass:

“In the video game industry, a battle pass is a type of monetization approach that provides additional content for a game usually through a tiered system, rewarding the player with in-game items by playing the game and completing specific challenges.

Monthly Subscription:

“A subscription is an agreement between a supplier and customer that the customer will receive and provide payment for regular products or services“

A “monthly subscription” is paying monthly for something, in this case, in game items. A “battle pass” is a tiered system which users earn rewards by completing challenges

The reason I’m suggesting this is because it would be making STS money on a monthly basis instead of just whenever people want to buy plat. If AL generates more income for STS it would mean better content in-game (devs correct me if I’m wrong).
    The difference? Such a minor difference it's not worth mentioning. The tiers of a battle pass are to make it more entertaining, without this attempt at making a battle pass more entertaining they are the SAME. A battle pass IS "A subscription is an agreement between a supplier and customer that the customer will receive and provide payment for regular products or services".

"The reason I’m suggesting this is because it would be making STS money on a monthly basis."
    First of all it's a horrible suggestion. As I said, if they should add something like this they should just add packs in store so people can pick what to buy instead of buying a whole lot of things they don't need, or waiting a month to get them.

"instead of just whenever people want to buy plat"
    I am not sure if you understand but they way Sts earns from the game is mostly through events. They don't need to implement this to get a regular income because they already do. People will still buy plat whenever they want. The game is already considered pay to win, of they were even more aggressive about getting people to spent money on the game then a lot of people would be unhappy. I would be one of them. If I pay for something then it's my choice not because someone is greedy and wants my money.

If STS should want to get more money off the game they should get the money through GOOD content instead of asking people bto pay in a monthly basis or one of those battle passes, which have no place in Al.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

The difference? Such a minor difference it's not worth mentioning. The tiers of a battle pass are to make it more entertaining, without this attempt at making a battle pass more entertaining they are the SAME. A battle pass IS "A subscription is an agreement between a supplier and customer that the customer will receive and provide payment for regular products or services".

"The reason I’m suggesting this is because it would be making STS money on a monthly basis."
    First of all it's a horrible suggestion. As I said, if they should add something like this they should just add packs in store so people can pick what to buy instead of buying a whole lot of things they don't need, or waiting a month to get them.

"instead of just whenever people want to buy plat"
    I am not sure if you understand but they way Sts earns from the game is mostly through events. They don't need to implement this to get a regular income because they already do. People will still buy plat whenever they want. The game is already considered pay to win, of they were even more aggressive about getting people to spent money on the game then a lot of people would be unhappy. I would be one of them. If I pay for something then it's my choice not because someone is greedy and wants my money.

If STS should want to get more money off the game they should get the money through GOOD content instead of asking people bto pay in a monthly basis or one of those battle passes, which have no place in Al.

So you think paying monthly and having to complete challenges and go through tiers to get rewards is the same as paying monthly to automatically receive something. I hope you realize how dumb that sounds. I guess Netflix and Hulu are also battle passes? A battle pass is a type of monthly subscription you are absolutely right! But what I’m suggesting is not a battle pass, just a subscription
    Last edited by Snowdager; 05-09-2020 at 11:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

"Today the team is testing a 'Battle Royale' mode (which is currently no-fault PVP - meaning without kill / death counts) and we're about a week away from starting development work on a 'Ranked' structure for standard PVP."~Cinco

Looks like we will be getting a Battle Royal mode too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Monthly subscription has been in games far before the "battle pass". They are completely different things, a monthly subscription is pay for this and get it for a month along with some rewards. Battle pass is: pay for this and you unlock these levels along with skipping your quests, but you receive those rewards.
    Battle pass has levels and quests you do to get rewards, that would turn the game into Fortnite Legends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Monthly subscription has been in games far before the "battle pass". They are completely different things, a monthly subscription is pay for this and get it for a month along with some rewards. Battle pass is: pay for this and you unlock these levels along with skipping your quests, but you receive those rewards.
    Battle pass has levels and quests you do to get rewards, that would turn the game into Fortnite Legends.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Some tiers or levels wouldn't make such a big difference to turn a game into Fortnite. The levels aren't the problem, the idea is. If they should add anything at all, it should be packs of what players might need, instead of a subscription where they give you a bunch of stuff you don't need and weeks or days later. This doesn't work for Al. You can't give a player another advantage that's good without giving them something that would put them at too much of an advantage over f2p. Something like a bound awakening gem like people suggested would be absolutely useless.

Packs of items work, this doesn't. This is AL very different from other games. People are obsessed with these trends for some reason.