Thread: Simple improvement to protect players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default Simple improvement to protect players

Hi all (& I hope devs will read also),

Now I know, I know this has been asked so many times but has never been implemented, but I think now & for future safety of players making high value item trades that this is something we need more then ever. Devs please seriously concider to raise the gold stash cap to 999m. With op awakenings to gold loot, gold events & maps for farming, plus new & highly wanted items, there is now a lot of gold in game & prices of most things have risen to reflect this. Also I have been notice of late alot more rare vanities being offered for sale. I know there are ways to trade these with lesser value items but this all takes huge trust for both seller & buyer & can leave players open to be cheated.

Devs, you added this in dl some time ago to the huge appreciation of players. Please,please add to Al. We need this!

Guys & girls of Arlor. Please reply if you agree or disagree.

Thank you for reading.
    Take care, have fun & stay safe! <3
    Alba
    Does the walker choose the path or the path choose the walker

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Albatroszz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

I 100% agree!!! I recently did a huge trade and was very hesitant with doing two trades and then trading back this persons item.doing trades like this is risky for both sides considering you don’t always know if either side is an honest player!

+1

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spell For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

This caters to a very low population.
    ONLY, and I mean the only Items that needs this type of trade are LB items.
    Can you tell me one more item?
    How many people have LB items?
    There are other things we need like pvp , and features that apply to the entire population.

And to add a note , the price of an LB item was well below 100m 16 months ago.
    I personally bought a medusa set for 80m gold.

So the price raise is only due to the greed of the LB owners and these items are constantly circulating amongst themselves.(i mean the lb vanities,ones of hundreds of millions of gold).

This addition is something extra but won't benefit even a small fraction of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythocrisis View Post
    There are other things we need like pvp , and features that apply to the entire population.

So the price raise is only due to the greed of the LB owners and these items are constantly circulating amongst themselves.(i mean the lb vanities,ones of hundreds of millions of gold).

This addition is something extra but won't benefit even a small fraction of the game.
    There are probably more lb vanities owners than pvpers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

To add along lb vanities, some pvp gears, goldloot gears, collectibles, where a handful of players own are over the cap.

No, prices of these didn't just marked up by 5000%-20,000% over the years as a sign of greedy people. Inflation over the years contributed to these prices, of all things in general.

Hundreds of players farming Maus/Esg/Hydra/Orrick/DM/Gates/EVG/Booty, farming gold for nearly 4yrs now, earning 1m upto 40m daily, surely inflation will never stop.

Sure, im not a programmer, but how hard is it really to just increase the cap? as this could avoid scams, complicated trades. From the millions of threads asking, not a single dev had enlightened us. This increase doesn't necessarily be for rich players, but the future economy ahead.

Pvp died 4yrs ago, or atleast the majority. Since then nothing has happened but just add in more stuff to break it. Its pretty obvious why STS doesn't favor Pvp, pushing players to endgame.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    To add along lb vanities, some pvp gears, goldloot gears, collectibles, where a handful of players own are over the cap.

No, prices of these didn't just marked up by 5000%-20,000% over the years as a sign of greedy people. Inflation over the years contributed to these prices, of all things in general.

Hundreds of players farming Maus/Esg/Hydra/Orrick/DM/Gates/EVG/Booty, farming gold for nearly 4yrs now, earning 1m upto 40m daily, surely inflation will never stop.

Sure, im not a programmer, but how hard is it really to just increase the cap? as this could avoid scams, complicated trades. From the millions of threads asking, not a single dev had enlightened us. This increase doesn't necessarily be for rich players, but the future economy ahead.

Pvp died 4yrs ago, or atleast the majority. Since then nothing has happened but just add in more stuff to break it. Its pretty obvious why STS doesn't favor Pvp, pushing players to endgame.

I still stand my ground on this because:
    This problem circulates mainly around lb vanities and the reason I say this is no gold loot gear /awakened gear costs more than 300m.
    If an item costs 200m there are ways to fix it in one trade isn't it?
    100m gold + an item /stack of easily sellable items summing to another 100m.

Even if you refute this, hear this out:

again if an awakened item costs more than 400-500m , then what are the chances of the probability of it's ownership being high.Its price is so much because it's that hard to awaken and not even 1% of others in game have such an awakened item, again catering to a very small small insignificant portion of the people.

Most most of the items normally getting traded is well below 99.99m at the moment.
    And I don't think increasing bank for a insignificant number of people is a sane decision and that too when the game can do with so many suggestions that cater to all..poor and rich alike.

The best way for this to be sorted is:
    (Not my idea, but an ingenious idea suggested by another forum member)

Bring an item that can be inter convertible to gold or item vice versa.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    gold brick (craftable):
    Items required: 99,999,999 gold

Liquidate gold brick for 99,999,999 gold.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Makes trade simple dosen't it?

Even though I think it's not a very urgent need imho, for all the ultra rich lb owners.

Oh and I agree with that statement of more lb owners than pvp,ers...
    Which is very bad tbh ;-;

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I still stand my ground on this because:
    This problem circulates mainly around lb vanities and the reason I say this is no gold loot gear /awakened gear costs more than 300m.
    If an item costs 200m there are ways to fix it in one trade isn't it?
    100m gold + an item /stack of easily sellable items summing to another 100m.

Even if you refute this, hear this out:

again if an awakened item costs more than 400-500m , then what are the chances of the probability of it's ownership being high.Its price is so much because it's that hard to awaken and not even 1% of others in game have such an awakened item, again catering to a very small small insignificant portion of the people.

Most most of the items normally getting traded is well below 99.99m at the moment.
    And I don't think increasing bank for a insignificant number of people is a sane decision and that too when the game can do with so many suggestions that cater to all..poor and rich alike.

The best way for this to be sorted is:
    (Not my idea, but an ingenious idea suggested by another forum member)

Bring an item that can be inter convertible to gold or item vice versa.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    gold brick (craftable):
    Items required: 99,999,999 gold

Liquidate gold brick for 99,999,999 gold.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Makes trade simple dosen't it?

Even though I think it's not a very urgent need imho, for all the ultra rich lb owners.

Oh and I agree with that statement of more lb owners than pvp,ers...
    Which is very bad tbh ;-;
    Your best idea complicates things as to just increase cap.

As I said, this avoids scams, makes things less complicated.

Trades can be flexible enough, as trading with pure gold is possible instead of gold + items.

This can simply be a quality of life update along with other suggestions.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Well if more than 50% of the games players have this problem im sure they will do something, but if only like 10-20% have this problem , well its not really a big issue for devs or sts.

Sent from my E2306 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Thank you all for feedback & ideas. I do appreciate it is not so often that this would be needed for trades but it is a small way in which can help to protect players. Sts added this to their other game that has a similar economy level to what Al is so I'm hope devs will consider. I will say, it is not just lb items. Example being some time ago when zhulong was selling at over 100m & I also see op awake items fetching over cap price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Albatroszz View Post
    Thank you all for feedback & ideas. I do appreciate it is not so often that this would be needed for trades but it is a small way in which can help to protect players. Sts added this to their other game that has a similar economy level to what Al is so I'm hope devs will consider. I will say, it is not just lb items. Example being some time ago when zhulong was selling at over 100m & I also see op awake items fetching over cap price.
    There's one more drawback.with so much of gold cap and most people not even having 10% of it, people will tend to carry it in their account instead of stash.
    And with the prevalence in the rush buying mistakes and mistake swap scam trades more normal people will be affected than you and your lb holder friends.

This does not affect even a 200m item..only affects lb vanities, you guys honestly should accept that, rather than beating around the bush.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

There's one more drawback.with so much of gold cap and most people not even having 10% of it, people will tend to carry it in their account instead of stash.
    And with the prevalence in the rush buying mistakes and mistake swap scam trades more normal people will be affected than you and your lb holder friends.

This does not affect even a 200m item..only affects lb vanities, you guys honestly should accept that, rather than beating around the bush.
    Agreed, rush trades can lead to mistake. Sts have made trade window a 2 step confirmation process though so not to check is our own fault ultimately. Never rush a trade or trade in rush. When you add items to make up a trade & place trust the other person will trade back these items at agreed beforehand price...There is no sts safety net for this. Only hope in that the buyer/seller honours what was agreed. Increasing gold cap will come with another boon. Higher value items can also be traded in auction..perhaps lower auc tax would be nice too

Mythocrisis, I too bought medusa vest just after pirate booty 1year ago. Price for set then was200-220m. Now is approx 800m? (I'm sure a trader will be able to tell me if that's right) What does that say to how fast Al economy is rise & this is why I think we need this addressed. Devs make many tweeks & changes constantly to keep game balanced, fair & fun as possible. Not all updates & changes affect every one or even sometime the majority. Our job as the players is to give them the feedback & suggestions as we find them for game as it is now & for future
    Last edited by Albatroszz; 05-14-2020 at 03:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts

Seems as if the gold cap rises and you won't be able to scam people anymore? I couldn't think of any other reason since you're denying this with so much stiffness.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Xyv.io For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Unhelpful & unjust comment :/

I very much wish to hear what ppl think both for & against raising gold cap but keep constructive & polite please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

+1 for raising gold cap
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    414 Posts

What if they raise the cap and let say 10 Scrooge McDuck decide to hoard 10 billions gold each in their 10 toons?

And what if they decide one day to buy everything that is in the CS in one day?

This is extreme but i think scenario like this are one of the reason they don't do it...

Economy in game like this need not be treated lightly, it is very sensitive and hard to balance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    What if they raise the cap and let say 10 Scrooge McDuck decide to hoard 10 billions gold each in their 10 toons?

And what if they decide one day to buy everything that is in the CS in one day?

This is extreme but i think scenario like this are one of the reason they don't do it...

Economy in game like this need not be treated lightly, it is very sensitive and hard to balance
    They can hoard 10b and buy auc empty right now too. This has nothing to do with the gold cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyv.io View Post
    Seems as if the gold cap rises and you won't be able to scam people anymore? I couldn't think of any other reason since you're denying this with so much stiffness.
    Please post a reply without drama .thats all I say to you , my friend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Albatroszz View Post
    Agreed, rush trades can lead to mistake. Sts have made trade window a 2 step confirmation process though so not to check is our own fault ultimately. Never rush a trade or trade in rush. When you add items to make up a trade & place trust the other person will trade back these items at agreed beforehand price...There is no sts safety net for this. Only hope in that the buyer/seller honours what was agreed. Increasing gold cap will come with another boon. Higher value items can also be traded in auction..perhaps lower auc tax would be nice too

Mythocrisis, I too bought medusa vest just after pirate booty 1year ago. Price for set then was200-220m. Now is approx 800m? (I'm sure a trader will be able to tell me if that's right) What does that say to how fast Al economy is rise & this is why I think we need this addressed. Devs make many tweeks & changes constantly to keep game balanced, fair & fun as possible. Not all updates & changes affect every one or even sometime the majority. Our job as the players is to give them the feedback & suggestions as we find them for game as it is now & for future
    I agree on this.
    But
    The economy /or/ the price of items in this case your referring to here is mainly resulting in :

1.)rise of colectibles /lb items
    2.) Decrease in price of gear as constant crate release.

And LB items are a luxury/99% don't have it.It h to that way to show the hard work , exoticness.

But look at all the previous events we had, All the new eggs , speed sets well below the gold cap.

And the weapons that released at the beginning, was well above 100m , but people did add 100m+ items.

And if like to add filling up an account up to the brim that being 99.99m is an achievement for many yet so hard.
    999m is cleanly too harsh and pushing too much against the fully stacked hoarders and hard p2w players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    414 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    They can hoard 10b and buy auc empty right now too. This has nothing to do with the gold cap.
    i know but what i'm telling is that you want to multiply this by 10, not sure that would be good for the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Whether luxury items or rare trades. Ultimately all players should be protected as much as possible against scam or cheat. It doesn't matter if its 9k or 999m. Those players have run their butt's off to farm gold/items or win on lb. Or thay have traded & earned what they have. If it goes over gold cap does that make it any less worthy that these players are protected?

Adding items in to make up the value of trade is fine if u are not wishing these items back. But if you wish them only as used in lieu of golds to make up value over cap if all gold trade is preferred, then you must place trust in someone you may not know in game that they will trade these items back. Most ppl just wish gold trades because we're not all familiar with item values & gold is easy. No guessing, no time reselling trade items.

Fully stacked hoarders are already in game & have been for years. They just hold golds on many many chars & p2w players add to the economy by buying Cs plat items & opening crates to add these loots to the trade table for all players to buy. I personally don't believe that 999 cap will change how these or others are in game & will only add protection in a situation where there is currently none. These trades do happen & is not so rare as you think.

It's only last couple years that things have hit gold cap value. This is why I think now is time devs need to implement this.
    Last edited by Albatroszz; 05-14-2020 at 03:45 PM.