Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 Year Old Suggestion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Default 6 Year Old Suggestion

NOTE: This thread is not about recoloring armors/being able to purchase armors via platinum.

I understand that I’m clearly not the first person to suggest this. I also won’t be the last, but here I am once again, almost 2 years later. Could you guys please implement;

‘Armor to Vanity Converter’.

There’s multiple ways to do this! I will explain all the ways that I could think of off the top of my head.(in best detail I as possibly can!)

1.) Plat Store- Since you guys have ‘AL Birthday’ event every year, why not release it during that time as a Craft-able material(Vanity Shard) for a price tag of 1000-250 platinum in store for limited time and for tokens at the npc. It would would need to be used in a recipe.

*similar to that of Level 36 Mythic armor Recipe*

Ingredients are as fallows:
    -Arcane Shard x1
    -Vanity Shard x1
    -Trophy Cup x1
    -Your Armor of Choice
    -1 million Gold
    *Takes 8-24 hours to craft*
    (Picture Reference)

Don’t like it? That’s fine, here’s a different approach.

2.) Event Tier Reward- Have the ‘Vanity Shard’ as a ‘Plat Tier’. It could be a plat tier reward for any major event, like ursoth, winter, Halloween, etc... You only get 1 shard at plat tier. Similar crafting method.

Ingredients:
    -Vanity shard x1
    -Armor of Choice
    Or
    -Vanity Shard x1
    -Armor of choice
    -Arcane Shard x1
    -Trophy Cup x1
    -1million Gold

(Picture Reference)

Still no??? Alright look at it this way.

3.) Event Leaderboard Reward: This reward goes with any event.
    -top 10 get 3 shards
    -top 25 get 2 shards
    -top 50 get 1 shard

*Same crafting recipe process*
    Ingredients:
    -Vanity shard x1
    -Armor of choice
    -200 platinum
    *Instant Craft*

(Picture Reference)

Still don’t like it? Alright I wasn’t trying on that one. How about this?

4)Armor Converter System in Plat Store- Implement an Armor Converter in store.
    -Step 1: Go to plat Store
    -Step 2: Search for Armor Converter
    -Step 3: Click it
    -step 4: Insert Unequipped Armor of choice
    -Step 5: Pay 1750 platinum to convert said armor.
    (Instant Conversion)

You’re killing me, come on. :// I’ll think of something.

5)In Progress-

For those who might say:

“it takes away its uniqueness as an armor”.

-Alright so make the vanity version Un-trade-able? So it makes your armor even rarer, therefor prices sky rocket. You have your precious armor and the others have their nice looking vanity version of it, both parties are happy.

“This only benefits the Pay to Win players also known as plat whales”

-This is true to a certain extent, you can either do plat offers to obtain the platinum to purchase it, or you can grind the event and reach plat tier and earn it or just try to save up as much money as you can to afford the most amount platinum to buy it. All depending on STS choice.

And for the big one.

“This would take too long to implement”

-I’m almost 100% sure they can do this in under 1 month even spending 1 hour a day during on a 40 hour week, 5 days a week. That’s still 20 hours working on it. The ideas are there, all they have to do is just choose 1.

“It would still take to too long to -
    implement ALL armors for ALL classes”

-You’re very right, so let’s make it easier for them and simply it further. Just Season 1-3 Armors only. That way they don’t get overwhelmed by every single gear in the game.

NOTE: Just so we’re clear, again this is thread is NOT About RECOLORING or being able to BUY old season 1-3 ARMOR(S) or ANY armor(s) for PLATINUM!

If you guys have a better suggestion, please comment below, or let me know what you guys think about this.

Would 100% be appreciated if a Dev could respond to this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Would be cool if I can turn forerunner to vanity. +1

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Giant bench For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

would love to see this implemented.

blue founders FTW! hehe

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spell For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Nice idea, but most of these propositions have buying platinum on them or grinding to platinum tier. Make it AFFORDABLE for EVERYONE. An easy gold conversion would be best, especially since some collectors have hundreds of items.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Warriorknown For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

I like choice number 4. Definitely some old school Armors I like and would like to use as vanity similar to how Gnarled Bone Armor came about. I like: Magma Set, Dragon Scale, Juggernaut, Mighty Berserker, Demon, and Posidon is nice!
    Last edited by Fearrr; 05-09-2020 at 04:54 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fearrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Plat tier one is best as not unfair for F2P Players and Plat users can afford too , just buy some energy and easily get to plat tier. And it should be released just once so that people use wisely. Dont want everything in the auction vanity section.

ʏᴏᴜᴛᴜʙᴇ- ᴘʀᴀʙꜱɪᴍᴀʀ ᴄʜʜᴀʙʀᴀ

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Prabsimar Chhabra For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    NOTE: This thread is not about recoloring armors/being able to purchase armors via platinum.

I understand that I’m clearly not the first person to suggest this. I also won’t be the last, but here I am once again, almost 2 years later. Could you guys please implement;

There’s multiple ways to do this! I will explain all the ways that I could think of off the top of my head.(in best detail I as possibly can!)

1.) Plat Store- Since you guys have ‘AL Birthday’ event every year, why not release it during that time as a Craft-able material(Vanity Shard) for a price tag of 1000-250 platinum in store for limited time and for tokens at the npc. It would would need to be used in a recipe.

-Arcane Shard x1
    -Vanity Shard x1
    -Trophy Cup x1
    -Your Armor of Choice
    -1 million Gold
    (Picture Reference)

2.) Event Tier Reward- Have the ‘Vanity Shard’ as a ‘Plat Tier’. It could be a plat tier reward for any major event, like ursoth, winter, Halloween, etc... You only get 1 shard at plat tier. Similar crafting method.

Ingredients:
    -Vanity shard x1
    -Armor of Choice
    Or
    -Vanity Shard x1
    -Armor of choice
    -Arcane Shard x1
    -Trophy Cup x1
    -1million Gold

(Picture Reference)

-top 10 get 3 shards
    -top 25 get 2 shards
    -top 50 get 1 shard

Ingredients:
    -Vanity shard x1
    -Armor of choice
    -200 platinum
    *Instant Craft*

(Picture Reference)

(Instant Conversion)

5)In Progress-

For those who might say:

-Alright so make the vanity version Un-trade-able? So it makes your armor even rarer, therefor prices sky rocket. You have your precious armor and the others have their nice looking vanity version of it, both parties are happy.

-This is true to a certain extent, you can either do plat offers to obtain the platinum to purchase it, or you can grind the event and reach plat tier and earn it or just try to save up as much money as you can to afford the most amount platinum to buy it. All depending on STS choice.

And for the big one.

-I’m almost 100% sure they can do this in under 1 month even spending 1 hour a day during on a 40 hour week, 5 days a week. That’s still 20 hours working on it. The ideas are there, all they have to do is just choose 1.

-You’re very right, so let’s make it easier for them and simply it further. Just Season 1-3 Armors only. That way they don’t get overwhelmed by every single gear in the game.

NOTE: Just so we’re clear, again this is thread is NOT About RECOLORING or being able to BUY old season 1-3 ARMOR(S) or ANY armor(s) for PLATINUM!

If you guys have a better suggestion, please comment below, or let me know what you guys think about this.

+1 would like to see this happen, cool to bring back nostalgia and i don't see it as being harmful to everyone but beneficial in sales of plat and more!

The vanity could be tradeable it could be cool to have that :3

This 100% brings 0 harm and will be cool as heck to have happen. Its simply beneficial to SpaceTimeStudios and awesome for people to buy armors that are old to use ^_^

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Loot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,063 Posts

Instead of arcane shard, make it cost 2 arcane fossils. There are thousands of arcane fossils in game and they are currently useless.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post

-Arcane Shard x1
    -Vanity Shard x1
    -Trophy Cup x1
    -Your Armor of Choice
    -1 million Gold
    (Picture Reference)

Ingredients:
    -Vanity shard x1
    -Armor of Choice
    Or
    -Vanity Shard x1
    -Armor of choice
    -Arcane Shard x1
    -Trophy Cup x1
    -1million Gold

(Picture Reference)

-top 10 get 3 shards
    -top 25 get 2 shards
    -top 50 get 1 shard

Ingredients:
    -Vanity shard x1
    -Armor of choice
    -200 platinum
    *Instant Craft*

(Picture Reference)

(Instant Conversion)

5)In Progress-

For those who might say:

And for the big one.

Nice suggestion. A lot of Armors are used as vanity anyway so I don't see how it would hurt rarity of getting good stats or something like that. I don't know why they don't just implement it already, a lot of people including me would love it. There are so many good armours that would look great as vanities, instead of lazy recolours like black metal or whatever it was.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jausa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

dang ive always wanted a imbued vanity set and glintstone Weapons as vanities

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimmstroke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Yes do please bring this one.
    AL has reached that point where there are an array of items that reached collectibility standards.
    Please do this for more dynamic styles.
    This is better than recolouring old armor sets by a quintillion times.

There will be so many styles to choose from that too from previously created golden sets, and I think no more effort needed in altering looks or adding color schemes.just the old armor into a vanity just like how they did with the weapons.

Hope this thread gets a response from dev in the positive or the negative , to just know their thoughts on this idea.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mythocrisis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prabsimar Chhabra View Post
    Plat tier one is best as not unfair for F2P Players and Plat users can afford too , just buy some energy and easily get to plat tier. And it should be released just once so that people use wisely. Dont want everything in the auction vanity section.

ʏᴏᴜᴛᴜʙᴇ- ᴘʀᴀʙꜱɪᴍᴀʀ ᴄʜʜᴀʙʀᴀ
    The reason here is since STS is going Endgame full throttle,
    Most if the old nostalgic sets released before in previous level caps are becoming obsolete.
    They look good but you cannot wear in a map as it sacrifices stats and also it being in your inventory without function and finally getting deleted.

Conversion to vanity of these items can lead to formation of many vanities of normal items that they can even add more stuff like awakes to it for all that matter becauseas they suggested)

Awakes will hinder what they like to wear VS the vanity best awakened.this was the complaint but now everyone will have any /favourite vanity of their own that they will spend more into just like any weapon for that matter.

There's so much more possibility in this than releasing coloured old vanity sets, while hundred of cool designs are going obsolete and away from game.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Mythocrisis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Thanks for the positive Feedback everyone!!! Hoping a Dev could give us an explanation or some sort of answer to why they haven’t done this yet.... Some dev insight would be highly appreciated! I know it’s the weekend but maybe sometime this week please....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Bump...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

To go along with your idea, they can use this vendor to implement the recipes/shards for helmets and armors.
    Name:  C6D11522-BEDE-427A-98F9-6C9F14F533F0.jpeg
Views: 485
Size:  149.6 KB

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snowman Is here For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

100% account bound? Sure . If not no thank you.
    Avy
    12-2012

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Account bound wouldn’t be bad either, makes the collectables keep their value; untarnished by vanity merchers.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snowman Is here For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

I don’t care if they’re Account Bound or not, I just want this thing implemented XC. There’s good money in it for STS. If anything they can combine all 4 ideas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Would be good if a developer finds this possible at least in the near future at least.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Mythocrisis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

I believe those early sets belong to collectors. I missread some parts bc of the "armor of choice". However it feels a bit unfair bc those sets were an armor and most people didnt buy them bc they were not able to use them much. If the prices skyrocket it will be a privilege of owners and very rich people. A rerelease is even worse for owners. Im neutral because I dont belong to any of those groups and would not benefit or lose anything from this implementation.
    Last edited by QuaseT; 05-12-2020 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Missread

37. The Following User Says Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post: