Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tried problems

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InvalidUserName View Post
    You logic is flawed. You think nothing should cost more than 99m therefore the cap should not be changed.

Sorry to break it to you but instead of finding solutions to a theoretical situation which you assume “should” be true, lets find a solution to the truth of the matter

Many items cost above 99m and something needs to be done about it to avoid scams and multi trades

If you do not own anything of that value then it doesnt affect you in any way so wether the limit it 99m or 99bil whats the problem?

Raising the cap does not change my personal saving nor does it change my personal spending. Just makes it easier to do bigger trades so you can throw that paradox of thrift out the window too.
    I agree 100% with what PatD said. His logic is not flawed.

Just from reading his post i can tell he studied economics/business thoroughly and knows what he's talking about.

There's a reason the developers don't decide with haste, because they got the entire backlog of the games database on their side and i believe there are a dozen theories to why it is as it is.

[Theory#1]

If we allow even more gold to be held then there will be even more gold entering the economy due to well-off players hoarding their gold thanks to a lack of alternative opportunities, thus rendering various items to artificially hike in value with great significance due to hyper-inflation.

[Theory#2]

If the developers implement a feature that allows players to convert gold; E.g: 99m to a chest/ingot that contains said sum but can go with a whopping 999x per chest/ingot stacking, there will be a surge in gold/account sellers finding loopholes within the system.

[Theory#3]

The more gold to aim for in order to make relevant transactions the more work & time players will need to put into the game. Thus consumer choice is limited.

(Even if the devs increase gold drops, theory#1 stands valid in that case)

Just my hypothesis, take it with a gain of salt.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Flamesofanger For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post
    I agree 100% with what PatD said. His logic is not flawed.

Just from reading his post i can tell he studied economics/business thoroughly and knows what he's talking about.

There's a reason the developers don't decide with haste, because they got the entire backlog of the games database on their side and i believe there are a dozen theories to why it is as it is.

[Theory#1]

If we allow even more gold to be held then there will be even more gold entering the economy due to well-off players hoarding their gold thanks to a lack of alternative opportunities, thus rendering various items to artificially hike in value with great significance due to hyper-inflation.

[Theory#2]

If the developers implement a feature that allows players to convert gold; E.g: 99m to a chest/ingot that contains said sum but can go with a whopping 999x per chest/ingot stacking, there will be a surge in gold/account sellers finding loopholes within the system.

[Theory#3]

The more gold to aim for in order to make relevant transactions the more work & time players will need to put into the game. Thus consumer choice is limited.

(Even if the devs increase gold drops, theory#1 stands valid in that case)

Just my hypothesis, take it with a gain of salt.
    First of all gold cap doesn't effect gold income. These caps actually price up items. People need to buy items to stash their gold, often times buy something they don't need at all which causes prices to go up. people already have all this gold in different characters so it wouldn't cause any spike. A 999m gold cap would just make it easier to manage.

About those chests and loophole. What loophole? Can you explain what you mean exactly? These chests would be gold value, like other items. No difference. Only difference would be that they could resell them from inventory for a high price. But this advantage of quick sell is completely fair because they were forced to buy items they didn't need, all because of an outdated system.

Forcing players to spend gold to keep the economy stable isn't a good opinion or choice. Spending it should be a choice like it has always been. These players have the gold because they wanted it to begin with, nobody would be happy losing it because someone said: Buy things. It should he a choice. Untradable PvP gear, new items, vanity. Different fair methods of gold sink instead of that.
    Last edited by Jausa; 05-14-2020 at 06:43 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,069 Posts

A gold sink everyone would want, more spends alot vanities. We have a 10m and a 25m but I am sure just about every person who has made 100m+ has bought 1 spends a lot vanity or all of his vanities. Add a 50mil and a 100m vanity to him, if they look good enough then I am sure they will sell out 10bil worth on the first day. What about those video elixirs we are limited to? Give people 3 options, 100k/150k gold, video, or plat option. Adding this would make a big difference in pve because during gates and swamp temple we are limited on time and those videos take 55-75 seconds just to watch. Add locked chests that have a good drop rate on items that costs 1m to open and gives 3 random items which changes the contents monthly.
    Add the gold cap of 999m and add more gold sinks to keep a stabilized economy.