Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

  Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tried problems

  1. #21
    Senior Member PatD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Québec
    Posts
    887
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    442
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    358
    Thanked in
    214 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvalidUserName View Post
    You logic is flawed. You think nothing should cost more than 99m therefore the cap should not be changed.

    Sorry to break it to you but instead of finding solutions to a theoretical situation which you assume “should” be true, lets find a solution to the truth of the matter

    Many items cost above 99m and something needs to be done about it to avoid scams and multi trades

    If you do not own anything of that value then it doesnt affect you in any way so wether the limit it 99m or 99bil whats the problem?

    Raising the cap does not change my personal saving nor does it change my personal spending. Just makes it easier to do bigger trades so you can throw that paradox of thrift out the window too.
    You say many items costs above 99m, how many? Enough to justify completely change the system?
    [/SIGPIC]

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    63
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    19
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    You say many items costs above 99m, how many? Enough to justify completely change the system?
    I am by no means rich but i have a couple of high gold loot daggers which are over 99m.

    More importantly there are people getting scammed and losing hundreds of millions for no fault of their own. People are quitting over this

    Increasing the total doesn't harm anyone nor will anyone quit or get scammed just because the limit is raised. I don't see why anyone should object to it

  3. #23
    Senior Member |Ares|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    796
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    175
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    295
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    You say many items costs above 99m, how many? Enough to justify completely change the system?
    When something is new released (for example arcane items) they usually go above the 99m gold limit and then you always got people willing to buy such items for estimated price thats much higher than the 100m.

    Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    189
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    23
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    Personally i think nothing should cost more than 99.9m, changing to a cap of 999m gold would utimately lead to the paradox of thrift, an economic theory which argues that personal savings can be detrimental to overall economic growth. It is based on a circular flow of the economy in which current spending drives future spending.

    So what i would suggest is that after u make gold when u have already max gold in inventory and stash, it would automatically change your gold for crate keys, this way economy would be lot more easy to control imo, and for those really rare vanity, well the problem is those vanity where tradable in the 1st place and that was a mistake i guess, thus all lb van are now untradable to avoid this problem.

    I'm sure there is lot more pro than con to keep cap at 99.9m
    The problem is inflation, a repercussion of goldloots and events that we have today. Before only few people have 100m or more and its so valuable compared to 100m now because its easier to make gold now. I suggest keeping auction at 100m and trading because making it 1 bil would really make prices skyrocket more. To appease those trading with 100m+ introduce" goldbars like 100m each liquidatable" like encrusted works? and i have to contradict you statement of demarcating 200m then everything beyond that converted to keys. It limits goal of every arlorian and 200m is not hard to make right now.

  5. #25
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    469
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

    Default

    Does not affect 100-200m items.Have been doing this for a long time and safety is not compromised .why not take 99.9m + a chunk of plat eggs for a 140m item.(40m in plat eggs).

    Affects only the inflated items..inflated by players at that , hoarders mainly LB vanities.

    Consider that

  6. #26
    Blogger QuaseT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,293
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    885
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    480
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mythocrisis View Post
    Does not affect 100-200m items.Have been doing this for a long time and safety is not compromised .why not take 99.9m + a chunk of plat eggs for a 140m item.(40m in plat eggs).

    Affects only the inflated items..inflated by players at that , hoarders mainly LB vanities.

    Consider that
    Not everybody has another 100m in plat eggs and I see no reason why someone should buy stuff like this just because they cant use the trade window for new arcane gear.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:


  8. #27
    Senior Member MiruZetu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    679
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    28
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

    Default

    Rich ppl with 1b+ vanity problem 😂😂😂 i hope they dont increase gold cap!!!

  9. #28
    Blogger QuaseT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,293
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    885
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    480
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MiruZetu View Post
    Rich ppl with 1b+ vanity problem i hope they dont increase gold cap!!!
    Heres a list for all who think it only affects lb sets:
    Kershal vanity
    Tree set
    Every weapon with 220gl+
    Arc armors 71 10%+ primary
    Various timed gear with high speed awakes
    A few 76 artifacts with more than 30bd/9% primary
    Various collector items
    Avarice sets with high gold loot (u can end up with single pieces if u split trades)
    Arcane gun, aegis, daggers before marvel
    Zhulong before rerelease
    And I believe this list will get longer over time because inflation is still a thing and once new gear gets released itll affect more and more people

  10. #29
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    484
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    253
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    196
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    Heres a list for all who think it only affects lb sets:
    Kershal vanity
    Tree set
    Every weapon with 220gl+
    Arc armors 71 10%+ primary
    Various timed gear with high speed awakes
    A few 76 artifacts with more than 30bd/9% primary
    Various collector items
    Avarice sets with high gold loot (u can end up with single pieces if u split trades)
    Arcane gun, aegis, daggers before marvel
    Zhulong before rerelease
    And I believe this list will get longer over time because inflation is still a thing and once new gear gets released itll affect more and more people
    Oh yeah, everyone has one of each you mention...


    P.s: Didn't you notice how 4-5 merchants have been trading kershal/tree vest between them last 3 months, making price up +50%? Some ppl will always find a way to corrupt system

  11. #30
    Blogger QuaseT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,293
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    885
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    480
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehazee View Post
    Oh yeah, everyone has one of each you mention...


    P.s: Didn't you notice how 4-5 merchants have been trading kershal/tree vest between them last 3 months, making price up +50%? Some ppl will always find a way to corrupt system
    Its not about everyone having one but u can basically loot one by using a single awake gem/ open a single lock and u cant trade it anymore for pure gold in the window. Thats the issue. I sold my kershal for 80m at the beginning of the year, considering some people do 20m a day in gates its not that big of a deal imo but thats another topic.

  12. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    lalalaland
    Posts
    695
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    215
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    153
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

    Default

    Maybe STS can add a seller and a buyer permit that you can purchase with platinum. That would be one time use, that would enable the seller and the buyer to trade items above 100m but would have a limit of 1b. After transaction they will be given an hour perhaps to transfer gold to stash and alts. And I think this way it would be easier for STS to track large transactions if it was for real and it would be another way for people to spend plat which would be another revenue for them. And for the buyer and seller you would have more peace of mind transacting rather than multiple trades.

  13. #32
    Senior Member |Ares|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    796
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    175
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    295
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

    Default

    What about that idea that's been suggested before about people turning gold into tradable chests? What I remember it was something about turning 50k,100k,500k or 1m into chest that could fit into trade window so u can buy desired expensive items?

    Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

  14. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    231
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    181
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    47
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post
    I agree 100% with what PatD said. His logic is not flawed.

    Just from reading his post i can tell he studied economics/business thoroughly and knows what he's talking about.

    There's a reason the developers don't decide with haste, because they got the entire backlog of the games database on their side and i believe there are a dozen theories to why it is as it is.

    [Theory#1]

    If we allow even more gold to be held then there will be even more gold entering the economy due to well-off players hoarding their gold thanks to a lack of alternative opportunities, thus rendering various items to artificially hike in value with great significance due to hyper-inflation.

    [Theory#2]

    If the developers implement a feature that allows players to convert gold; E.g: 99m to a chest/ingot that contains said sum but can go with a whopping 999x per chest/ingot stacking, there will be a surge in gold/account sellers finding loopholes within the system.

    [Theory#3]

    The more gold to aim for in order to make relevant transactions the more work & time players will need to put into the game. Thus consumer choice is limited.

    (Even if the devs increase gold drops, theory#1 stands valid in that case)

    Just my hypothesis, take it with a gain of salt.
    First of all gold cap doesn't effect gold income. These caps actually price up items. People need to buy items to stash their gold, often times buy something they don't need at all which causes prices to go up. people already have all this gold in different characters so it wouldn't cause any spike. A 999m gold cap would just make it easier to manage.

    About those chests and loophole. What loophole? Can you explain what you mean exactly? These chests would be gold value, like other items. No difference. Only difference would be that they could resell them from inventory for a high price. But this advantage of quick sell is completely fair because they were forced to buy items they didn't need, all because of an outdated system.

    Forcing players to spend gold to keep the economy stable isn't a good opinion or choice. Spending it should be a choice like it has always been. These players have the gold because they wanted it to begin with, nobody would be happy losing it because someone said: Buy things. It should he a choice. Untradable PvP gear, new items, vanity. Different fair methods of gold sink instead of that.
    Last edited by Jausa; 05-14-2020 at 06:43 AM.

  15. #34
    Blogger QuaseT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,293
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    885
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    480
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blazerland View Post
    Maybe STS can add a seller and a buyer permit that you can purchase with platinum. That would be one time use, that would enable the seller and the buyer to trade items above 100m but would have a limit of 1b. After transaction they will be given an hour perhaps to transfer gold to stash and alts. And I think this way it would be easier for STS to track large transactions if it was for real and it would be another way for people to spend plat which would be another revenue for them. And for the buyer and seller you would have more peace of mind transacting rather than multiple trades.
    Yea i think this works out and most people dont mind spending a few platinum/gold to make the trade safe. Same goes for the suggestion with converting gold into a chest/item that can be turned back into gold. Both good ideas and seems like plenty of ways they can make high tier item trading safe.

  16. #35
    Senior Member Avaree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,774
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,213
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,677
    Thanked in
    1,209 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofanger View Post
    I agree 100% with what PatD said. His logic is not flawed.

    Just from reading his post i can tell he studied economics/business thoroughly and knows what he's talking about.

    There's a reason the developers don't decide with haste, because they got the entire backlog of the games database on their side and i believe there are a dozen theories to why it is as it is.

    [Theory#1]

    If we allow even more gold to be held then there will be even more gold entering the economy due to well-off players hoarding their gold thanks to a lack of alternative opportunities, thus rendering various items to artificially hike in value with great significance due to hyper-inflation.

    [Theory#2]

    If the developers implement a feature that allows players to convert gold; E.g: 99m to a chest/ingot that contains said sum but can go with a whopping 999x per chest/ingot stacking, there will be a surge in gold/account sellers finding loopholes within the system.

    [Theory#3]

    The more gold to aim for in order to make relevant transactions the more work & time players will need to put into the game. Thus consumer choice is limited.

    (Even if the devs increase gold drops, theory#1 stands valid in that case)

    Just my hypothesis, take it with a gain of salt.
    I disagree with your theories.

    Many pack mules out there that take up server space just holding gold. Allowing stash and our characters to hold 1b gold will not introduce more gold, the gold is already there lol, that is why we ask for more carry space for gold (:

    Some players hoard gold because there is nothing they fancy buying, or have played game long enough to know how this game economy works. Also players have to hoard/save to buy items like 76 arc weaps . It’s not just about hoarding It’s about allowing more risk free trades.

    Pls no gold bars.



    Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    As I understand it, the issue is that items are being sold for higher prices than the gold limit. Is that right?
    Would be greatly appreciated (: ty in advance.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:


  18. #36
    Senior Member Encryptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Many places.
    Posts
    2,168
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    64
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    730
    Thanked in
    391 Posts

    Default

    A gold sink everyone would want, more spends alot vanities. We have a 10m and a 25m but I am sure just about every person who has made 100m+ has bought 1 spends a lot vanity or all of his vanities. Add a 50mil and a 100m vanity to him, if they look good enough then I am sure they will sell out 10bil worth on the first day. What about those video elixirs we are limited to? Give people 3 options, 100k/150k gold, video, or plat option. Adding this would make a big difference in pve because during gates and swamp temple we are limited on time and those videos take 55-75 seconds just to watch. Add locked chests that have a good drop rate on items that costs 1m to open and gives 3 random items which changes the contents monthly.
    Add the gold cap of 999m and add more gold sinks to keep a stabilized economy.

  19. #37
    Senior Member arcanefid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,049
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    112
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    576
    Thanked in
    279 Posts

    Default

    As pointed out by some others, there are many players who already have over 99M gold, I don't see how making it possible for the gold to stay in one place instead of several characters makes it worse.

    Maybe the max listing price in auc should stay at 99,999,999 to avoid those overpriced Deary eggs, but for trades and stash maybe a change is needed.


  20. The Following User Says Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:


  21. #38
    Senior Member Avaree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,774
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,213
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,677
    Thanked in
    1,209 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    As pointed out by some others, there are many players who already have over 99M gold, I don't see how making it possible for the gold to stay in one place instead of several characters makes it worse.

    Maybe the max listing price in auc should stay at 99,999,999 to avoid those overpriced Deary eggs, but for trades and stash maybe a change is needed.
    Brilliant suggestion

  22. #39
    Senior Member Encryptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Many places.
    Posts
    2,168
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    64
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    730
    Thanked in
    391 Posts

    Default

    Made this thread a while back.
    For those who play dark legends and say 999m cap will make inflation in AL. It won't, the difference between AL and DL is in DL you can make gold by logging online for 5mins setting off your quests coming back 24 hrs later and getting loads of gold for doing almost nothing. In AL you have to work for everything you own, that is why I play AL. I do not like having a game where I do nothing and get everything.
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...gold+character

  23. #40
    Forum Adept Majin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Arlor
    Posts
    281
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    70
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    64
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

    Default

    If there is any tradable 10m housing item by surspendsalot Like a “Tree made of gold” Which can be deleted back for 10m or 9m

    People would Be crazy to buy such trees And 10m range will make it good making a great gold sink.
    And this can also be used as item for trading

    99m +10tree to make 199m for deal..


    Just one thing I wanna ask

    20m a day in valley gates? How?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Problems... Please help out !!!
    By _Absolute_ in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-13-2018, 04:48 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •