Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pvp related qns

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Pvp related qns

Hi guys out of my personal curiosity i would like ask is farming pvp kills illegal? Since pvp lb is taken down? Im hoping that a developer will be able to answer me in this post @Remiem

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

there's a thing called dummy farming and ppl get banned for that. Is it illegal? GEE IDK

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Remiem once said that it is in a thread a while ago but i'm too lazy to grab that for you ✌👍

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Babyrog View Post
    Hi guys out of my personal curiosity i would like ask is farming pvp kills illegal? Since pvp lb is taken down? Im hoping that a developer will be able to answer me in this post @Remiem

I can understand this question because different devs have given different answers considering this over the years. It depends on if you are using both chars by urself i guess because thats dummy farming and multiple acc using by a single person is against ToS. However if u go with ur friend into pvp and do a "1vs1" nobody can proof that he is not "losing" against you on purpose.
    For example in hardcore people do this all the time because theres no such thing as pvp in endgame, yet people still need the aps or they have a disadvatage for the lbs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    I can understand this question because different devs have given different answers considering this over the years. It depends on if you are using both chars by urself i guess because thats dummy farming and multiple acc using by a single person is against ToS. However if u go with ur friend into pvp and do a "1vs1" nobody can proof that he is not "losing" against you on purpose.
    For example in hardcore people do this all the time because theres no such thing as pvp in endgame, yet people still need the aps or they have a disadvatage for the lbs.
    Thx for you answer , but i feel that i need all devs to give a answer to us , because if one were to do APS or FOR SHOW and have like 50k kills and 0 deaths will it be like an illegal thing to do. @Remiem @Cinco

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    495 Posts

Rem isn’t a dev, listen to them first.

Also, with seasonal being an entire game mode, they’ve practically necessitated boosting and dummy kills. Banning for it now wouldn’t make sense when both hc and seasonal NEEDING help to get some apps, why ban for it anymore?

I’m not for boosting and dummy kills, but let’s be real about how people are getting apps in these new game modes.
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,055 Posts

Dummy farming should be allowed since PvP is so imbalanced, and there are people who don't even like to PvP yet have to do it for APS.

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,904 Posts

I will say this: When you use the game in ways that are clearly not intended, it does run the risk of a ban. When game mechanics are exploited in a way that may cause the game to break, create an unfair advantage, or diminish the game experiences for others, it's breaking the rules. So, proceed with caution. If you don't want to risk a ban, just play as it is meant to be played.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

There are already some seasonal toons with 10k pvp kills and handful of deaths...will see if actions taken

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehazee View Post
    There are already some seasonal toons with 10k pvp kills and handful of deaths...will see if actions taken
    ^^^^

5k tdm kill 0 deaths

Have witnessed seasonal chars "dummy farming" in pvp maps.

Does that qualify as "An unfair advantage"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    I will say this: When you use the game in ways that are clearly not intended, it does run the risk of a ban. When game mechanics are exploited in a way that may cause the game to break, create an unfair advantage, or diminish the game experiences for others, it's breaking the rules. So, proceed with caution. If you don't want to risk a ban, just play as it is meant to be played.
    I understand that you can't give a clear "yes or no" answer to this since it is extremely difficult to know whether someone is dummy-farming PvP kills or not (flags too, if that counts), but I think it's time that this should be re-considered.

I would say, either make a team that investigates this behavior in detail and actually bans the dummy farmers, or remove the APs so people won't have an incentive to do it.

There are hundreds (if not thousands) of people who have dummy farmed their kills and they still play as if nothing happened. This is definitely creating an unfair advantage for many players who own multiple devices and diminishing the game experience of others. By the way, I say this as one of the people whose game experience is being diminished, because I lost Top Player LB spots to the dummy farmers and macro users before, and I will probably lose it again. (Check Justg's inbox for proof, if he still has em).
    Last edited by arcanefid; 05-12-2020 at 04:53 PM.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Ok thank you for the reply!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question. Everyone says max armor is 8250 at lvl 76 what about lower lvl? 61pvp for example. I’m rocking 13800hp, 9669 armor on one drag and 14800hp, 9097 armor on the other drag. I can’t tell which is better and sometimes it seems the more armor build.