Results 1 to 12 of 12

  Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pvp related qns

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    94
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    8
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Default Pvp related qns

    Hi guys out of my personal curiosity i would like ask is farming pvp kills illegal? Since pvp lb is taken down? Im hoping that a developer will be able to answer me in this post @Remiem

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Member xsilentninjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Guildhall
    Posts
    232
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    20
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

    Default

    there's a thing called dummy farming and ppl get banned for that. Is it illegal? GEE IDK

  3. #3
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    424
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    71
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    81
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

    Default

    Remiem once said that it is in a thread a while ago but i'm too lazy to grab that for you ✌👍

  4. #4
    Blogger QuaseT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,299
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    888
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    480
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babyrog View Post
    Hi guys out of my personal curiosity i would like ask is farming pvp kills illegal? Since pvp lb is taken down? Im hoping that a developer will be able to answer me in this post @Remiem

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    I can understand this question because different devs have given different answers considering this over the years. It depends on if you are using both chars by urself i guess because thats dummy farming and multiple acc using by a single person is against ToS. However if u go with ur friend into pvp and do a "1vs1" nobody can proof that he is not "losing" against you on purpose.
    For example in hardcore people do this all the time because theres no such thing as pvp in endgame, yet people still need the aps or they have a disadvatage for the lbs.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    94
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    8
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    I can understand this question because different devs have given different answers considering this over the years. It depends on if you are using both chars by urself i guess because thats dummy farming and multiple acc using by a single person is against ToS. However if u go with ur friend into pvp and do a "1vs1" nobody can proof that he is not "losing" against you on purpose.
    For example in hardcore people do this all the time because theres no such thing as pvp in endgame, yet people still need the aps or they have a disadvatage for the lbs.
    Thx for you answer , but i feel that i need all devs to give a answer to us , because if one were to do APS or FOR SHOW and have like 50k kills and 0 deaths will it be like an illegal thing to do. @Remiem @Cinco

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Forum Adept Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cobear Nation
    Posts
    483
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,512
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    412
    Thanked in
    191 Posts

    Default

    Rem isn’t a dev, listen to them first.

    Also, with seasonal being an entire game mode, they’ve practically necessitated boosting and dummy kills. Banning for it now wouldn’t make sense when both hc and seasonal NEEDING help to get some apps, why ban for it anymore?

    I’m not for boosting and dummy kills, but let’s be real about how people are getting apps in these new game modes.
    \m/,_______( >. < )_________,\m/
    Igns- Suentous, Oxo, Fnord, Baronsue
    Hc xsuex

  7. #7
    Senior Member Encryptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Many places.
    Posts
    2,205
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    67
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    773
    Thanked in
    406 Posts

    Default

    Dummy farming should be allowed since PvP is so imbalanced, and there are people who don't even like to PvP yet have to do it for APS.

  8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Moderator Remiem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,321
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    355
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11,609
    Thanked in
    1,647 Posts

    Default

    I will say this: When you use the game in ways that are clearly not intended, it does run the risk of a ban. When game mechanics are exploited in a way that may cause the game to break, create an unfair advantage, or diminish the game experiences for others, it's breaking the rules. So, proceed with caution. If you don't want to risk a ban, just play as it is meant to be played.
    | | | |

    Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

  9. #9
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    484
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    253
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    196
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

    Default

    There are already some seasonal toons with 10k pvp kills and handful of deaths...will see if actions taken

  10. #10
    Banned Sophiaaaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    U S A
    Posts
    279
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    15
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    36
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehazee View Post
    There are already some seasonal toons with 10k pvp kills and handful of deaths...will see if actions taken
    ^^^^

    5k tdm kill 0 deaths

    Have witnessed seasonal chars "dummy farming" in pvp maps.

    Does that qualify as "An unfair advantage"?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Senior Member arcanefid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,084
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    114
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    586
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    I will say this: When you use the game in ways that are clearly not intended, it does run the risk of a ban. When game mechanics are exploited in a way that may cause the game to break, create an unfair advantage, or diminish the game experiences for others, it's breaking the rules. So, proceed with caution. If you don't want to risk a ban, just play as it is meant to be played.
    I understand that you can't give a clear "yes or no" answer to this since it is extremely difficult to know whether someone is dummy-farming PvP kills or not (flags too, if that counts), but I think it's time that this should be re-considered.

    I would say, either make a team that investigates this behavior in detail and actually bans the dummy farmers, or remove the APs so people won't have an incentive to do it.

    There are hundreds (if not thousands) of people who have dummy farmed their kills and they still play as if nothing happened. This is definitely creating an unfair advantage for many players who own multiple devices and diminishing the game experience of others. By the way, I say this as one of the people whose game experience is being diminished, because I lost Top Player LB spots to the dummy farmers and macro users before, and I will probably lose it again. (Check Justg's inbox for proof, if he still has em).
    Last edited by arcanefid; 05-12-2020 at 04:53 PM.


  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    94
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    8
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    I will say this: When you use the game in ways that are clearly not intended, it does run the risk of a ban. When game mechanics are exploited in a way that may cause the game to break, create an unfair advantage, or diminish the game experiences for others, it's breaking the rules. So, proceed with caution. If you don't want to risk a ban, just play as it is meant to be played.
    Ok thank you for the reply!

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. ASK ME ANYTHING! (related to dl)
    By loneliness in forum DL New Players
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 10-06-2019, 04:06 AM
  2. pvp related
    By Mastervoodoo in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-16-2013, 09:41 AM
  3. Looking for a SL related sig!
    By Fatpigwarrior in forum SL General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-23-2011, 07:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •