Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Blast still glitched?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    Instead of doing all this why not just return blast shot to the way it was before? Wouldn't that be much easier?
    No, bcus its still unbalanced

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zapoke View Post
    Yes, it would be easier, but isn't balancing the sets a much better solution? And besides, the double blast thing only "helped" when it was 1 bird vs several people. Putting double blast in again won't fix the fact that dex sets are weak, and have been declining since sewers.
    I need to learn to pvp. Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

i wondered y i started to suck in ffa... and zap is right but if you buff the dex sets its not just birds who gain something but also mages and bears that are dex to

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GELLIO77 View Post
    i wondered y i started to suck in ffa... and zap is right but if you buff the dex sets its not just birds who gain something but also mages and bears that are dex to
    Good point. That's probably why we saw so many dex mages at the 56 cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Exactly that was coming to my mind too... Those hybrids (Warbirds, Dexbears, Pallies, Dexmages namely) make it really hard to make a 'perfectly balanced set'.
    That Int needs a debuff (crit/dmg, armor) is pretty obvious imo, and the str set is esspecialy too strong in dodge.
    Dex needs a buff. But where? When dodge/armor would be increased dexmages would become utter beasts I think and also Dexbears would get stronger. Those classes would then again deal much more efficient group damage, with higher survivability. As bird you could still focus on only one main target at a time.....
    Man, this is giving me headaches

Why can't we get back our only real group damaging ability?!
    Good birds may have seemed OP with it, but that was just because they cleverly used it, and the opponents were not smart enough to avoid getting double blasted. Furthermore, at this cap noone ever complained about birds being OP... And at many lower twink levels birds were also far from being OP, even with double blasting abilities...

I don't only say this because I'm a bird and want a way to get easy kills or something, but it was an essential part of every groups strategy. Executing and avoiding those was a great part of it IMO. Now it just goes straight forward against birds, and this poor little thing will most likely not be able to kill two decent opponents without getting pretty lucky. Also, double blast was a great 'revive-killer'... when I played ctf earlier a team of 1pally and 2intmages was just not killable because of the high armor sets and the many revives...

Something needs to change!
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab View Post
    Exactly that was coming to my mind too... Those hybrids (Warbirds, Dexbears, Pallies, Dexmages namely) make it really hard to make a 'perfectly balanced set'.
    That Int needs a debuff (crit/dmg, armor) is pretty obvious imo, and the str set is esspecialy too strong in dodge.
    Dex needs a buff. But where? When dodge/armor would be increased dexmages would become utter beasts I think and also Dexbears would get stronger. Those classes would then again deal much more efficient group damage, with higher survivability. As bird you could still focus on only one main target at a time.....
    Man, this is giving me headaches

Why can't we get back our only real group damaging ability?!
    Good birds may have seemed OP with it, but that was just because they cleverly used it, and the opponents were not smart enough to avoid getting double blasted. Furthermore, at this cap noone ever complained about birds being OP... And at many lower twink levels birds were also far from being OP, even with double blasting abilities...

I don't only say this because I'm a bird and want a way to get easy kills or something, but it was an essential part of every groups strategy. Executing and avoiding those was a great part of it IMO. Now it just goes straight forward against birds, and this poor little thing will most likely not be able to kill two decent opponents without getting pretty lucky. Also, double blast was a great 'revive-killer'... when I played ctf earlier a team of 1pally and 2intmages was just not killable because of the high armor sets and the many revives...

Something needs to change!
    Putting it back to double blast doesn't help much, honestly. It only does double hit on one enemy. If they changed it to have more damage, THAT would help balance. To counter the revive thing with blast, you had to accidentally targeted the person spawning while someone else was near, or it didn't work. So, again, just increasing it's base damage helps more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

i have to say, something needs to be done to blast not the set. either buff blast shot or bring back the double blast, before double blast, and when blast stacked on multiple targets, i could normally take out 2/3 of the enemy team... now i can barely take out one... dex bears are no problem to me but mages wont die.

on the topic of what should be buffed, blast shot more then anything cos buff the dex set u buff all the classes, buff blast you balance out the classes. so if anything is gonna be buffed it should be blast

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Putting it back to double blast doesn't help much, honestly. It only does double hit on one enemy. If they changed it to have more damage, THAT would help balance. To counter the revive thing with blast, you had to accidentally targeted the person spawning while someone else was near, or it didn't work. So, again, just increasing it's base damage helps more.
    No, it actually did double damage to everyone close as far as I'm concerned, and I PvP a lot with my bird at lvlcap and have seen them wiping out even groups of two or three with one blast. And just having increased damage would also take out the startegical component of timing/avoiding blasts on groups to get the best effects.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab View Post
    No, it actually did double damage to everyone close as far as I'm concerned, and I PvP a lot with my bird at lvlcap and have seen them wiping out even groups of two or three with one blast. And just having increased damage would also take out the startegical component of timing/avoiding blasts on groups to get the best effects.
    Hm, well. When I played on my twink birds in PvE, I would test blast sometimes, and only my target took two hits. One from the AoE and one from the actual arrow. The strategy part of it... Well. What was terrible strategic about running until a bird used blast? Anyway. If it did do double to everyone, it has the same affect of increasing the damage, doesn't it? Aside from needing several people for it to work. Oh, well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

zap thats what we want back, blast shot that stacked as it hit people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Hm, well. When I played on my twink birds in PvE, I would test blast sometimes, and only my target took two hits. One from the AoE and one from the actual arrow. The strategy part of it... Well. What was terrible strategic about running until a bird used blast? Anyway. If it did do double to everyone, it has the same affect of increasing the damage, doesn't it? Aside from needing several people for it to work. Oh, well.
    Exactly, it prevented people from just clotting together and made me time my blast carefully to interrupt respawns and break through big groups. Now a mages team can just mow over me...

And I don't really want it to 1-shot-kill on a single target since that would make bird fights to easy and dependent on luck.
    Last edited by Gaunab; 02-03-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

before i could win almost every 2-1 situation but now i cant even take one :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

zap thats what we want back, blast shot that stacked as it hit people
    Only stacks on one, though. I understand that you want to be able to fight more then one person, but bird is suppose to be fast single target damage.. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GELLIO77:559067
    before i could win almost every 2-1 situation but now i cant even take one :/
    If this is a true statement, doesnt it sound like it was a bit op?
    gf.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walkhardd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walkhardd View Post
    Thank you. Lol.
    But the fact remains that DEX needs a boast. Not just birds, but dex in general (at end game).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walkhardd
    maybe a bit op but thats because im playing at 51 twink pvp, the people i fight arent generally to hard and thats y i can win those 2-1 situations, but even at end game if u buff the sets ive said this before its also bears and mages who'll get a buff to so bare that in mind

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

whoa... so the double blast shots wasnt a glitch?

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Hello everyone

The double blast "bug" was strangly making things more balanced (lvl60-66) in pvp. Indeed, good birds were able to barely survive when they were teamed (2-1 or 3-1) ; but now, even in 2-1 with no buffed people vs a bird, he has no luck to win. Now, mage nuke can be headshotting whoever they want.. For example, a drain damaged me 507 and i died direct while i only damaged 300.. Now, in ctf, as in pvp, bird strategy has disappeared, it's becoming like "run the farther n faster u can, to get a 1-1 fight for stayin'alive"..
    This is why, even if it was a bug, it was making things better.. So pls, add it back or make blast shot more powerful please ..
    Cya people ! Have fun!
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Chickenrunnn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

So a bird used to be able to 2v1 or 3v1 and win. What other class can do that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Just wondering, doesn't cruel blast accomplish the same effect? I mean, that's how I used to do it when I PvPed on Apollo. There is more than ample time to pull that combo off...
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List