Thread: Gauging Interest in L56 4v4 Sewers Gear Only Tournament!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Default Gauging Interest in L56 4v4 Sewers Gear Only Tournament!

Hello everyone,

I have recently returned to PL after a long hiatus, and was happy to see the presence of a few tournaments open to everyone. I noticed, however, that these tournaments are largely limited to endgame PVP. This mirrors the PVP games seen in game, with PVP seemingly being limited to L40 and L110. One of my favorite level ranges to PVP at in the past was L56, due to the largely balanced nature of the gear and fair scaling of skills. This ties in with Balefort Sewers being thought of as one of the best caps in the history of PL.

In relation to all of this, I am considering hosting a 4v4 PVP tournament at level 56. Everyone would be required to use sewers gear (any gear received from the Balefort Sewers map), and enchantments would not be allowed. The removal of enchantments may be seen as a negative to some, but I believe that they must be prohibited in order for everyone to enjoy the balance of the Balefort sets that existed in the past.

I would like to ask everyone if they have any interest in a PVP tournament of this format. There would be a guaranteed gold reward provided by myself for the winners. I have not yet asked Cinco what he thinks about this format, as I wish to gauge interest prior to bringing this to his attention. I ran this idea by a few friends, and collected some common Q&As related to this tournament, and have listed them below.

Common Questions and Answers

Q: How will the no enchantment rule be enforced?
    A: Rings and amulets will not be allowed, only base gear is available for use. A referee will be present on each side of every match. Every participant will be required to have their stats visible (and therefore visible in preview). At the beginning of each match, the referees will inspect each player in order to determine whether or not they are using a ring or amulet. Rule violators discovered at this point will be given a warning. Once the match begins, players are not allowed to open the general menu (any action that results in "Busy" appearing by their name). People who violate this rule will be given a warning and will immediately be inspected for rule breaking. Anyone found to be breaking the rule at this time will immediately be disqualified. As stats for sewer gear will be known by the referees, enchantments on armor and weaponry can easily be identified as well.

Q: How many warnings are allowed prior to disqualification?
    A: I have no preset number of warnings in my mind that would be allowed. This is a number I would like input on, as I know it is often habitual for people to briefly go busy, and could lead to many accidental unintended warnings. I would like to think that the majority of participants would not try to cheat and will enforce warnings as such. If I find a large number of cheating attempts, the disqualifications will become more strict and allowed warnings will be lessened.

Q: Where would this tournament be hosted?
    A: All matches will take place on the Shadow Caves map.

Q: What gear do I use?
    A: The only gear players will be allowed to use is any gear found in the Balefort Sewers maps. In other words, you can use gear dropped in game for levels 51-55. To help facilitate identification of legal gear, there will be no vanities allowed. Gear is not widely available right now, thus creating a larger needs for sets as a whole. For this reason, I am announcing my intent to host this tournament now, and will give players 1-2 months to acquire the gear that they need. This also gives something to those that enjoy PVE more than PVP to do. Any PVE players looking for new items to farm, look no further than Balefort Sewers!

Q: Are there gear/class requirements?
    A: After consulting some L56 PVPers, there will be one gear/class requirement. Mages will be allowed to use only INT sets, as DEX sets make them much stronger than all other classes. Otherwise, I do not see a need to limit gear to certain classes, or prevent other classes from playing. In this tournament, all classes would be allowed, and all classes would be allowed to use any Sewers gear they wish to use (OTHER THAN MAGES). Bears can use DEX sets, Birds can use STR sets, there are no limitations. In addition, each team can be made up of any class combinations they desire. If a team wishes to use 4 mages or 4 birds, they may do so. In relation to this, the Sewers cap is known for its non-useless non legendary items. If you wish to use a Drainer DEX set for its higher dodge rather than a customized set, feel free to do so.

With all this in mind, does anyone have interest in participating in this tournament?
    Thanks for your responses!
    Last edited by Hahahahabirdy; 05-13-2020 at 03:24 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hahahahabirdy For This Useful Post: