Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this type of overpricing still legal?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehazee View Post
    You have a very serious ethical issue. You'll eventually find someone 'smarter' than you slapping your face, maybe then you'll open your eyes and see what you have been doing.
    Is it legal? Questionable and definitely boundaries situation. Imo devs should take a look at how you continuously harm players, plus your shameless attitude.
    Is it ethical? Read how proud you are of your tactics makes many people sick, another red flag that something is wrong
    His defending his stupid idea to make profit faster...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehazee View Post
    You have a very serious ethical issue. You'll eventually find someone 'smarter' than you slapping your face, maybe then you'll open your eyes and see what you have been doing.
    Is it legal? Questionable and definitely boundaries situation. Imo devs should take a look at how you continuously harm players, plus your shameless attitude.
    Is it ethical? Read how proud you are of your tactics makes many people sick, another red flag that something is wrong
    +1

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

What he is doing may be unethical but it’s the buyers fault for not checking.

I bought an overpriced item in auction by mistake. Am I mad at the seller? No. I’m mad at myself. It was an expensive lesson but I learned from it.

If sts does not tolerate this behavior, they’ll add some feature to prevent it. For example a pop-up message that asks the buyer to confirm before executing the purchase when the item is, let’s say, 10% above the minimum available purchase price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

I see nothing "illegal" for people who list stuff overpriced. The problem with missclicks can be solved if people just dont take that much gold with them. When you want to buy a few red eggs you dont need 10m in your pocket, put it in your stash. I believe thats the intention of the gold stash.
    The people who do this are very weak merchants in my eyes. Everybody who knows how to deal with high tier items would not even think about putting random items in auction to make a few millions.
    However, you cant change some people and I can understand that they make some others angry when they start bragging about it on forums. But if people buy less from their stuff in forums by being more careful i pretty sure that they make loss by the auction fee on a long term. I dont believe they can make a serious amount of gold with this.
    Last edited by QuaseT; 05-18-2020 at 10:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dmothra View Post
    Not a trick nor a scam once and for all, if you're a merchant in game i think you would've probably understand this better.

Those players that lacks in game knowledge are the ones held responsible ruining their own playing experience due to their ignorance and incompetency.

Sent from my ATU-L22 using Tapatalk
    Im willing to take the infraction here because wow..
    You, sir, are a genuine, and ill say without shame outright an giant asshole.
    I can not wrap my head around your sense of manners.
    I've never seen such an unethical and bare bone raised person as you.
    I genuinely hope karma finds it way to you and when it does, dont moan, its only "your own ignorance and incompetency"
    Im not saying this because you post things overpriced, everyone has to make money and some have to take advantage of others to do so, circle of life.
    But the way you express yourself on these forums like youre some kind of superior being, it speaks volumes about your personally and it disgusts me.
    i just cant wrap my head around it sorry.
    Last edited by Spooked; 05-18-2020 at 08:18 PM.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spooked For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    Im willing to take the infraction here because wow..
    You, sir, are a genuine, and ill say without shame outright an giant asshole.
    I can not wrap my head around your sense of manners.
    I've never seen such an unethical and bare bone raised person as you.
    I genuinely hope karma finds it way to you and when it does, dont moan, its only "your own ignorance and incompetency"
    Im not saying this because you post things overpriced, everyone has to make money and some have to take advantage of others to do so, circle of life.
    But the way you express yourself on these forums like youre some kind of superior being, it speaks volumes about your personally and it disgusts me.
    i just cant wrap my head around it sorry.
    I could not have said this better myself. You know what's more sad? That the developers think it's alright. I made a post about this guy, and yeah maybe I took it too far (i really didn't he deserved it) but is it really ok to let these guy's influence the community? My post was removed and I was given an infraction because I wanted to expose player's like this. His behavior is disgusting, he didn't even apologize.

And you know what else? Not only does he do this, he thinks he is so smart, he's so superior that he does it, like WHAT?
    I really hope karma gets to him too.
    Last edited by Noceur; 05-18-2020 at 08:29 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

:O woow
    11 blah blah

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Not a trick nor a scam once and for all, if you're a merchant in game i think you would've probably understand this better.

Those players that lacks in game knowledge are the ones held responsible ruining their own playing experience due to their ignorance and incompetency.

Oi! Remember me Poweredbyhate? Used to say some very bad things to me sadly. I dont have screenshot. You boy have a very bad attitude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

“Not a trick nor a scam”.

You know damn well you’re waiting for someone to either buy it accidentally, or waiting someone who isn’t aware of the real price to buy it.

If you need me to remind you, all the scams that happen in game are actually done “in the legal way”, where the victim uses the Give or Confirm buttons, because no one can break into your stash to steal things without you knowing. They’re still considered scams.

So yes, it’s both a trick and a scam. Using your ‘technical language’ to support your scamming doesn’t make you any better than other scammers.
    Retired

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    This has been going on for years now. I've seen loads of overpriced stuff up for auction and wondered why.
    This may sound harsh but people should look carefully at prices before tapping. What's the rush?
    As for you who take advantage of people who are in a hurry, you should be ashamed of yourselves.
    If I ever made a mistake and lost a lot through it, I'd be angry but to rub salt in the wound and call people a bunch of amateurs is uncalled for.
    The reason people are getting all riled up is because you are actually boasting about someone else's downfall. These people are not amateurs, they are good people who don't like to see someone profit by another's misfortune.
    The way you keep defending your actions does speak volumes too.
    +1 and lets be friends lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I saw a screen with 1 locked selled in auct at same price of a big stack of same ones and also same thing with red eggs during Easter event.
    A clear Rush buyer trap, how in the world this thing can be ok?
    The abuser put his overpriced lock at exactly same price intentionally to hide that better.
    Free - will of market price isn't an escluse because as I said they copy intentionally the price of stacked items.
    The only will I see here is the will of scam some unlucky people.
    Punish this tipe of play if massively reported.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dispressor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

A solution could be make the gold transfer after 30sec-1min and during that time the buyer has the right to undo the purchase, if he does so the item goes back in auction at same price and same time left he had when was almost buyed.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by firechandra View Post
    A solution could be make the gold transfer after 30sec-1min and during that time the buyer has the right to undo the purchase, if he does so the item goes back in auction at same price and same time left he had when was almost buyed.
    Could be used in a negative way, to spam purchases/items. Something simple would be to just ban these players exploiting the auction like this and harming players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    The reason people are getting all riled up is because you are actually boasting about someone else's downfall. These people are not amateurs, they are good people who don't like to see someone profit by another's misfortune.
    The way you keep defending your actions does speak volumes too.
    Exactly, from his tone alone i'm already picturing a punchable face behind the screen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Why wouldnt they just trade or stash instead lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    523 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shininami View Post
    Exactly, from his tone alone i'm already picturing a punchable face behind the screen.
    Aww..no. No violence, its so easy to remedy. People should check prices before they buy. Simples. 🙂

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I think this is normal cuz people merch buy low price and sell high price.. its same thing as this

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Crosified as Cros For This Useful Post: