Thread: A quick question

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default A quick question

Is this game a general for all-ages game? Just a question. This is a feedback for the free-for-all battle royale. We all have different tactics like when we play other battle royale games and earlier this morning, my lil bro (age 10) got trashtalked as hell for playing by the corners of the battleroyale. I hope these sensitive words such as “fak ur mom” will make others banned too. Too many cries and drama over a little battle royale beta, and I know people will tell “ignore”,etc but I hope this game does not only prioritize 18+ people but also protect verbal abuse and cyberbullying that may happen on kids. It’s rated 6+ on the app store so if I may, I’d request protocols that protect the general public.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherlocked For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Toxic behaviour is present in nearly every online multiplayer game unfortunately, even in Animal Crossing (a PEGI 3 game) ive encountered salty players who trashtalk.

Im just your average arcane legends player, so my best advice to you is turn on the filter chat for your brother and yes, ignore them.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Its rated 12+ at the play store in my country which as an appropriate age restriction for a game like this considering the social aspect and the graphics in my opinion. For the part of trash talking theres an option to report this kind of behavior and I have seen people getting banned for this too.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    Its rated 12+ at the play store in my country which as an appropriate age restriction for a game like this considering the social aspect and the graphics in my opinion. For the part of trash talking theres an option to report this kind of behavior and I have seen people getting banned for this too.
    Yeah I do hope sts does something about this though. A lil update may not make any harm and improve a clean gameplay. Something to hope for

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
    Is this game a general for all-ages game? Just a question. This is a feedback for the free-for-all battle royale. We all have different tactics like when we play other battle royale games and earlier this morning, my lil bro (age 10) got trashtalked as hell for playing by the corners of the battleroyale. I hope these sensitive words such as “fak ur mom” will make others banned too. Too many cries and drama over a little battle royale beta, and I know people will tell “ignore”,etc but I hope this game does not only prioritize 18+ people but also protect verbal abuse and cyberbullying that may happen on kids. It’s rated 6+ on the app store so if I may, I’d request protocols that protect the general public.
    the best way might actually be report because its quite hard to control what other people say. ban a form of the word, lets say 'fak you', if fak was banned, people can literally use 'F you' or 'Fok you'. It cant all be banned. so the best way is to close chat and ignore

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hongyaok For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hongyaok View Post
    the best way might actually be report because its quite hard to control what other people say. ban a form of the word, lets say 'fak you', if fak was banned, people can literally use 'F you' or 'Fok you'. It cant all be banned. so the best way is to close chat and ignore

"Literally" people who use "literally" a lot literally don't know when or how to use the word "literally" literally

Sincerely. Literally

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sir farm For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    520 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sir farm View Post
    "Literally" people who use "literally" a lot literally don't know when or how to use the word "literally" literally

Sincerely. Literally

Hongyaok was correct. Your post has nothing to do with this thread but never mind, after the lockdown you can go back to your hobby of correcting grammar and spelling mistakes on subway walls. ✏️ 🙂
    With reference to this thread, I think someone said it already but filtering chat is probably the way to go.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    Hongyaok was correct. Your post has nothing to do with this thread but never mind, after the lockdown you can go back to your hobby of correcting grammar and spelling mistakes on subway walls.
    With reference to this thread, I think someone said it already but filtering chat is probably the way to go.
    Still not clear to me what filter chat does even after all those years of playing...

About the op thread. It was already said that it's impossible to control what people say, so kids should just stay off of it unless you and them are willing to take risks of someone disobeying the rules of the chat.

If you are engaging in activities with others then there are risks, in internet, YouTube, everywhere. If you don't want to partake in those risks simply stay off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
    Your lil bro (10) is playing a game that is rated 12+. Maybe you should consider why a 10 year old not allowed to play AL? Personally I wouldn't like someone to be banned just for using a couple bad words here and there.

Edit: You can't be cyber bullied if you actually ignore those who TT, so that's pretty much the perfect solution. Restricting everyone just because someone under the required age wants to play doesn't sound right.
    Last edited by arcanefid; 05-29-2020 at 06:37 PM.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Just teach him the online world. And yes ask him to ignore such situations.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sir farm View Post

Sincerely. Literally

I was using it as emphasis. Lol, ur reply has nothing to do with this thread. Stop wasting ur time.