Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Confused about AOA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Default Confused about AOA

Before you read this! I'm not mentioning names as that's offensive however those who have done this I hope you are sorry.

I've been reading applications... And they all say the same thing..
    Why do you want to become an AOA... They all say to help people or to break up arguments... My question to you guys who are going to become an AOA or have become an AOA what's the advantage of it anyways? Can't you do it without being an AOA just another player! THIS IS WHAT PL IS FOR! We help We have fun We farm We help level and let's be honest... I've never seen anybody in forest haven just leveling people without a reason! I have a MaJoR complaint... Guardians are to be trusted... Then why? Do they scam.. I traded one person said 50k and they put that in then right before I hit check mark BOOM 5k... I'm like HEY! they said dang it and exited... It was attempted scam so not reportable... However this is unacceptable behavior for AOA's who are to help!
    Ps. This isn't right yet I have no solution.
    Pls. Consider monitoring some AOA's randomly and seeing how they act.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sryyoulose For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Confused to one section of your thread. Are you calling a certain GoA a scammer?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Yes... I was maybe it was because I was on my noob account and didn't realize I was a real player... Bu AOA is supposed to help not hurt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sryyoulose View Post
    Before you read this! I'm not mentioning names as that's offensive however those who have done this I hope you are sorry.

I've been reading applications... And they all say the same thing..
    Why do you want to become an AOA... They all say to help people or to break up arguments... My question to you guys who are going to become an AOA or have become an AOA what's the advantage of it anyways? Can't you do it without being an AOA just another player! THIS IS WHAT PL IS FOR! We help We have fun We farm We help level and let's be honest... I've never seen anybody in forest haven just leveling people without a reason! I have a MaJoR complaint... Guardians are to be trusted... Then why? Do they scam.. I traded one person said 50k and they put that in then right before I hit check mark BOOM 5k... I'm like HEY! they said dang it and exited... It was attempted scam so not reportable... However this is unacceptable behavior for AOA's who are to help!
    Ps. This isn't right yet I have no solution.
    Pls. Consider monitoring some AOA's randomly and seeing how they act.
    Just like Apollo, I am both GoA and AoA, so I will try to help you.

First and most important, if you ever think someone is trying to scam you, immediately report them. Even if they leave before you can get to their report button, just send an email to support with all the details you can remember. This is very serious and has nothing to do with either program.

Second, and almost as important: there is a difference between GoA and AoA. GoA have been rewarded for one or another reason for past community-building actions. Nothing is required of them. However, they can have their award taken away if they violate the TOS.

Finally, the point of AoA is to welcome new players, and to help them if they ask for it. We aren't supposed to break up fights, only report them and help people learn to avoid fights. We aren't there to level people, either. We're just there to greet them, be friendly, give party hats, and present a pleasant face for the community. I always accept FRs, too, because some new players might not feel welcome early on if their FRs go unaccepted. But it's up to them to ask for help.

Can we do this without official sanction? Yes, of course. Everyone can help someone, and most people do. If you're in Forest Haven and someone asks where the stash, naturally you show the new person, and when they say thanks, you no doubt say to feel free to ask any other questions. Be really, people ask when they want to know, and not a moment sooner.

I hope this helps. And remember, scamming is a serious offense to the entire community and you must HELP to stop scamming by reporting it. If you do not report suspicious behavior as a scam on the official channels, it can't be proven.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

One thing to add: You can report if they are offline. This is only if you knew their name.
    If you use /report name (name) (reason) I think it is you can report. If not, it is /report (name).

You can also use /help to get a command list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

It's very important to report.

In every game, it's possible for people in power or perceived power to abuse it. There always seems to be some people who have to be monitored and do not seem to have any internal morality. Those people love shadows and secrets.

It's impossible to monitor everyone all the time. The only way to do it is for the general population to report when they find infractions, then complaint clusters can be monitored.

So report!

Star light, star bright...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Thanks for bringing up this point Sryyoulose, i've been meaning to address it for a while.

A GIANT misconception about the AoA program, or getting into it rather, is that in order to help you need some low level twink who sits in FH all day spamming "duz n e 1 ned halp." As Snake explained above, doing so isn't necessary. It'd be like if a person was lost in real life and in order to help them, you needed to put on some special costume first, and only then are you able or willing to help. As ridiculous as that sounds, its the same situation for many AoA hopefuls. As an original AoA (original meaning from the first batch), we weren't selected based upon whether or not we had a lvl 10 helper twink who sat in FH begging to help someone, we were chosen based upon our commitment and dedication to the community without any yearn for reciprocation. The same can be said about the GOA program; they weren't asking for a thanks, they were simply doing it for the love of the game.

I hope this doesn't come across as negative or condescending, and this also isn't directed at you, but to everyone who is a confused AoA hopeful, or to those who have doubts, misconceptions, or a beef with the AoA program.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Those people love shadows and secrets.
    @Fyrce - I love shadows and secrets ._.
    Last edited by NECROREAPER; 02-06-2012 at 02:42 PM.

-------AEO-------

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NECROREAPER For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Ikr you don't have to be an AOA to help other players

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ghost.mw For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

I am not calling you a liar but I HIGHLY doubt any of the GoA's would scam someone. I could easily be wrong but I know each one fairly well and do not see this happening.

However, if they did, especially an AoA/GoA... report them.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default .

AOA'S believe that they are a "higher power", while in reality they think they're cool because of their fancy guild name. Sadly, I realized this fact after I put in an application

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adidaman View Post
    AOA'S believe that they are a "higher power", while in reality they think they're cool because of their fancy guild name.

We do? Since when? I was totally unaware that I thought I was a "higher power."

-------AEO-------

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NECROREAPER For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

AOA'S believe that they are a "higher power", while in reality they think they're cool because of their fancy guild name. Sadly, I realized this fact after I put in an application
    Some may feel like that, for their own need for personal accomplishments. In reality, it's not like you put on your application, "Was a GoA".
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

We do like our guild. The other members are all nice people, in my estimation. But it's the same for any guild. But I am sure if you took a poll of the members, we would all say that we just think of ourselves as regular players. We might think of other players who are in the guild as above average players. I will not hesitate to acknowledge that Apollo is one of the best players we have. I could call out some others, too, but it's more fun just to embarrass Apollo! LOL!

But no. They try not to admit people who want to lord it over other people.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Blanket statements like this are not only untrue but ignorant. You may have had a personal experience or heard rumors from others but to encompass all of us under this "truth" is actually false.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Some of us were helping before AOA was even thought of. The rest have been picked for their honesty and helpfulness. I have not met one AOA who thinks they are better than anyone just because of our guild name.

AL: Horror- rogue
    Myth- warrior

22. The Following User Says Thank You to zappaxe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I can't really add to what has been said already.

Although I am slightly unclear what actually happened. Are you saying an AoA agreed a verbal trade with you and then when the trade was taking place they changed their offer from 50k to 5k, you noticed, highlighted it and they exited trade.

Although I have been fairly detailed various other unknown factors mean this could have been anything from an attempted scam through to a harmless mistake. Without the chat logs we will never know but STS will have access to them so report and if there is a case to answer STS will resolve things.

I hope by posting you have gotten some clarity over the GoA and AoA programmes, but in future, regards possible scamming, I'd just take advantage of the great tools we've got and report, then get on with enjoying this great game/community. Posting this sort of stuff makes one side of the story public and without the other side being public could potentially cause all sorts of problems.

PS: yep, agreed. You don't need to be an AoA or GoA to be a great addition to the community. Here's a big thank you to every single person who makes this community what it is.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Redbridge For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Yup. Some members of aoa shouldn't b in aoa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    @Fyrce - I love shadows and secrets ._.
    Hehe. Me too! Well, sometimes. Not everyone who loves shadows and secrets are scammers. Going one way does not imply the reverse is true

Just that scammers also love shadows and secrets, so it's important to out them. But an accusation is still an accusation and can be extremely prejudicial without being correct. So report and let the judges decide. If there are bad apples, it's important for the general populace to point them out.

Please report.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Default .

You guys looked way to far in to my statement, lol. I was not generalizing anyone, and it is not because of an experience I had. I just think that that's how you guys think of it. You guys have your opinions, I have mine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plmafiaboss View Post
    Yup. Some members of aoa shouldn't b in aoa
    name one... -__-
    EVERYONE'S FAVORITE APPLE
    \Down with the Rep!/