Thread: Passives need a revamp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Default Passives need a revamp

The Skill Passives have become outdated. They aren’t as strong/effective as before. This is because the game has scaled really high but the passives haven’t.
    For example
    The 5/5 on the Dex/str/int passives only give 25. This is low considering the primary stat: in endgame is somewhere between 1.3-2k. If there were other useful masteries I would have spent my point on it instead of this passive. Maybe make this a percentage? Or just buff this.

Damage Passive: At 5/5 the damage passive only gives 2.5 dmg. Even though this scales with % bonus dmg and dmg elixirs the amount of dmg it gives is still too low. Even if someone had 1000% bonus dmg (which is very op considering normal is around 700-800%), at most the passive would only give 25dmg. If they use a 25% ad dmg and 30% elixir dmg they would still only get 38.75dmg.
    That is quite minuscule considering they spent 5 skill points on it.

Crit passive. Need I say more? Cmon only 3% after spending 5 skill points? 1 rog aim can beat this more than 3x lol.

Armor Passive: 5% is not enough. But another downside is that it doesn’t stack with orc effigy buff, please make it stack.

Speed Passive: I don’t know if this stacks or not. If it doesn’t, it should. But it should be buffed because a legendary pet (oswald) can beat this.

I hope you can see that the passives need a buff or maybe get rid of the useless one and introduce kinds of creative passives that are actually useful. We could even experiment with new play styles new passives. Just do something about it please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deathlyreaper For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlyreaper View Post
    The Skill Passives have become outdated. They aren’t as strong/effective as before. This is because the game has scaled really high but the passives haven’t.
    For example
    The 5/5 on the Dex/str/int passives only give 25. This is low considering the primary stat: in endgame is somewhere between 1.3-2k. If there were other useful masteries I would have spent my point on it instead of this passive. Maybe make this a percentage? Or just buff this.

Damage Passive: At 5/5 the damage passive only gives 2.5 dmg. Even though this scales with % bonus dmg and dmg elixirs the amount of dmg it gives is still too low. Even if someone had 1000% bonus dmg (which is very op considering normal is around 700-800%), at most the passive would only give 25dmg. If they use a 25% ad dmg and 30% elixir dmg they would still only get 38.75dmg.
    That is quite minuscule considering they spent 5 skill points on it.

Crit passive. Need I say more? Cmon only 3% after spending 5 skill points? 1 rog aim can beat this more than 3x lol.

Armor Passive: 5% is not enough. But another downside is that it doesn’t stack with orc effigy buff, please make it stack.

Speed Passive: I don’t know if this stacks or not. If it doesn’t, it should. But it should be buffed because a legendary pet (oswald) can beat this.

I hope you can see that the passives need a buff or maybe get rid of the useless one and introduce kinds of creative passives that are actually useful. We could even experiment with new play styles new passives. Just do something about it please.

No just that, in my opinion, instead of releasing new OP pets, they should rework older pets. Older pets tend to be really outdated, in terms of stats. Reworking the pets makes it such that the player base don't really only use a few of the strongest pets, but have many other options. It can also bring excitement into the game. If not, at least add a use for the older pets man what's the point of having 200+ pets when only 20 of them are used...

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

+1

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hongyaok View Post
    No just that, in my opinion, instead of releasing new OP pets, they should rework older pets. Older pets tend to be really outdated, in terms of stats. Reworking the pets makes it such that the player base don't really only use a few of the strongest pets, but have many other options. It can also bring excitement into the game. If not, at least add a use for the older pets man what's the point of having 200+ pets when only 20 of them are used...

A lot of pets already are very different. People already have a lot of choices between the AA, passives, and HB.

They release new pets so players can collect them for APs, and also newer designs and passives.

People only use few pets as 'Base' but a lot of people won't have the same HB and AA in their pets.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

-agree with reworking speed, damage and crit passives (speedPassive can be like 5% stackable ms per each point, damagePassive can be 1% stacking damage per point, crit can be changed to 0,5-0,8%all stats or 0,7-1%main stat per point)
    -armor idk why u want more, its already enough armor in game, and that 80% max reduced dmg by armor isn't hard to reach atm
    -dex/str/int are ok too imo (especially for low lvls, its good source to get some hp and mana, if it was percentage as u said - it would suck for low lvls)
    Last edited by reyals; 06-03-2020 at 07:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reyals View Post
    -agree with reworking speed, damage and crit passives (speedPassive can be like 5% stackable ms per each point, damagePassive can be 1% stacking damage per point, crit can be changed to 0,5-0,8%all stats or 0,7-1%main stat per point)
    -armor idk why u want more, its already enough armor in game, and that 80% max reduced dmg by armor isn't hard to reach atm
    -dex/str/int are ok too imo (especially for low lvls, its good source to get some hp and mana, if it was percentage as u said - it would suck for low lvls)
    The dex/str/int passives can only be maxed when someone is level 20 and at that level it is still better to get skills rather than spend 1/4 of your skill points on those passives. If percentages aren’t a good thing maybe we can make so that each skill point gives more. And as to not overpower the lower levels (if that is even a problem) we can make the level requirements higher. Instead of the level requirements being 2/5/10/15/20 and the passives being 5/10/15/20/25. Maybe make the lever requirements be 5/10/25/45/70 and make the skill points give 6/12/20/30/42. These are just ideas but this passive needs to be useful in higher levels too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    A lot of pets already are very different. People already have a lot of choices between the AA, passives, and HB.

They release new pets so players can collect them for APs, and also newer designs and passives.

People only use few pets as 'Base' but a lot of people won't have the same HB and AA in their pets.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Nobody uses malison, nobody uses Sassy xD. Not even as base. There is too much pets already. People usually use the same few nekro, zhulong, guen, hiberio, electra and a few more. So much pets but only these few are constantly and consistently being used at high levels. The rest are pretty useless if u ask me. For example, does anyone even use normal blacklight? not really. If they are going to make so many pretty redundant pets then i would rather them rework some of the older arcanes (for example singe), which is sooo underpowered because of scaling now. Thats my point, they shouldn't make more pets just for people to get APs. Pets are supposed to be 'companions' in the first place, not a 'collection'.

Last edited by hongyaok; 06-03-2020 at 10:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

God forbid rogues from getting more armor , they already are strong enough to not need a warrior tank around and about the "useless/outdated pets , there is a reason why animacy was introduced you know....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

I think Armor, Critical and Speed are fine. However, I agree with the STR, INT, DEX passives. The Damage one is also pretty underwhelming for end-game.

Stat passives being in percentage sounds pretty good. Lower levels are already crazy with Heroic/Arcanite Pet stats and Awakes, so I don't think changing the passives will be a big difference to them.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    I think Armor, Critical and Speed are fine. However, I agree with the STR, INT, DEX passives. The Damage one is also pretty underwhelming for end-game.

Stat passives being in percentage sounds pretty good. Lower levels are already crazy with Heroic/Arcanite Pet stats and Awakes, so I don't think changing the passives will be a big difference to them.
    Thank you for the input. Maybe armor can be left alone but the speed and crit either needs to go out so that other better passives can replace it or just buff it. Speed passive is so minuscule it’s useless, hardly anybody uses it.