Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mages are over powered

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default mages are over powered

It's almost unfair to fight up against them. Most of them are nearly impossible to beat. Has this always been like this? I tried everything with my warbird and bear but i lose to them 98% of the time. Especially lvl66 mages with crafted set.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SVTcobra For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

It will take a dex bird with incredible luck 3 attacks at minimum to kill a buffed mage (blast to break shield and two others). Yesterday, one of my L66 birds was hit 502 by an int mage (I have a full crafted sanguine set), so that's just 1 hit. Typically they take 2 hits though, whereas a lucky bird takes 3. It's kind of obvious who has the upper-hand here.

As with warbirds, they have a lot of defence and survivability but completely lack the DPS and crit. An average mage would have an easy time healing any damage made and hitting insanely high with they're 100%+ crit practically ignoring the warbirds defence.

There is no argument here, mages are definitely OP and I hope the next cap will bring more balance... somehow.. But honestly, I don't see it happening.

We birds fell a downfall in FFA recently too, our blast shot was destroyed.
    Last edited by DexGOD; 02-08-2012 at 06:33 AM.
    | PL: Odin | ECLIPSE

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DexGOD For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Blast shot destroyed? It's supposed to have been fixed. Being hit twice by a single skill isn't fair IMO. Good thing they fixed it.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Mages if they combo u unbuffed, we die so fast>.< their fire alone takes 130-300 if they're lvl 56-66. They should do something about their skills definitely.
    Jugernuget (66) Proud Member of Hella Good
    <a href=http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=63456&dateline=1329747605 target=_blank>http://www.spacetimestudios.com/imag...ine=1329747605</a>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

yeah....first blast became really powerful and it was immediately considered a bug...now that they reduced blast's power below the regular margin its NOT a bug

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

I used to say they're OP too, but they're far from it. With a crafted set, and a little skill, they are actually easy to take down. If you're a bear, read Apollos guide on end game pvp. I can't post a link on app though. :/

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hankomachos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The problem is their mana shield, it's so annoying

Tournament & Ladder Leader AbsolutePally's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

There is only a handful of each, birds and bears that can consistently take down crafted, vanity int mages.
    Few warbirds and basically NO Pallies.
    Crafted bears can do it, because they are naturally built to tank the massive damage. Not to mention their debuffs and ability to root and pin mages.
    The Int that the set gives somehow pushes the skills past a threshold. The skill damage is way too high combined with the buff (+30 dmg & +60 crit)
    The armor, regeneration and dodge (with vanity) makes them a mountain of fire, so a volcano? Idk...
    This won't ever be settled, but as of late I've been playing without my vanity bonus. Makes things a little more fun/fair and promotes people to stay in games instead of them leaving. The damage is so high you do not really even need the defensive bonus.
    Retired: Alwaysdt 71 Mage. Legends never die, they just fade away.

Revelation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Wen me and my friend pvp its usally 3 for me and 10 for her she has enough power to drop me like a fly.. And im lvl 53 and shes lvl 50

Want a graphic? Click my sig pic!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I'll say it again and again, don't know how many times I can reiterate.

Each class has a weakness to another class.

For Birds, it's elves.

For Bears, it's birds.

For Elves, it's bears.

Ofc, this rule applies when you're talking about skilled players, so classes aren't OP, you may just not know how to approach them yet.
    Last edited by Zeus; 02-08-2012 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Autocorrect has me living in the past... ;( "Had to Has". I told you, Auto, I've moved on! :(
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Ah, I agree, but some people just won't admit to their own faults. So, they never come to realize this and place the blame elsewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Being a 65 mage (staff set) I can't beat most good birds in this set (so I switch to crossbow) XD when people say wand mages are the best total lie... You need vanity bonus to be unbeatable... Bears destroy int mages birds if they're good they'll win... 3 out of 5 against mages!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

its not the set thats overpowerd, its mages. however i do agree that bears can take down mages quite easily. mages were built before gcd was implemented so perhaps that may be why birds have such a hard time. i think if you add dodge into the "dex sets" it may even things out alot better. as of right now dex birds lose to pretty much everything except bears.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I'm a mage with crafted staff set and pure Int. I can beat a crafted sanguine bird by luck I suppose. As long as I get combo off fast enough
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

but for those who were around, go back to the 55 cap... things were balanced, custom birds wear beatable, yes the sets might have been a bit 'op' but overall a good int mage could kill a custom bird. now from what ive heard wand mages arent touchable so ireally think summin should be done about that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I quit endgame after unloading a whole combo on a mage, cruel Blast included and she didn't die. The whole time she didn't even attack me because she was running. My health was full. Her buddy mage turned the corner and killed me with one drain life...I now pvp at 51-61

Is it OP? Yes I think so. Am I gonna complain? No. Sometimes you just suck it up and become a beast...lol

Btw this wan't directed at anyone. I didn't even read all the comments...

~MM
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 02-10-2012 at 12:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Btw, I hate to double post, but I feel this is completely different than my last comment.

It is of my humble opinion that the dex gear should be OP. Every class does well with dex, not just birds.

This way, Mages are powerful, but not TOO powerful because they sacrifice int to equip the dex set. In other words, their drain life doesn't one hit kill pure dex birds. Or, they could go pure int and have insane damage, but not very good defense.

Birds would have a good chance because they could go pure dex and have insane damage while forfeiting defense, or dex/strength and sacrifice that damage for defense.

Bears would have really only one. choice: strength/dex You see with mages and birds going all damage and no defense, bears could simply beckon-stomp. Maybe a little extra slash or so, but ultimately bears would own any pure build IF they know what they are doing (this is common sense). It's happened before to me as pure dex, it will happen again. Now bears won't be OP because remember, there are such things as pallies, which bears will struggle with.

If you think about it all, you'll realize I just described the sewer age. What was the OP set? Raid roach/Custom. A dex set. Granted things weren't perfect, but they were alot closer than they are now.

~MM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I think I can help, Mages are a bit overpowered yes, but they do have weaknesses, 26-66 bear vs mages, all you need to do is have full crushing blow and scream, and corner then, and keep debuffing, and try to get more armor and less dmg, that is the best way for killin mages with bears. With birds, just try to use different strategies, like repulse first, and use blast shot to break armor, and root to keep them still. i hope this helped you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

@wthlite err thanks for the tips dude but this was more referring to the current end game standing, not across the board I agree mages are even underpowered in some levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wthlite View Post
    I think I can help, Mages are a bit overpowered yes, but they do have weaknesses, 26-66 bear vs mages, all you need to do is have full crushing blow and scream, and corner then, and keep debuffing, and try to get more armor and less dmg, that is the best way for killin mages with bears. With birds, just try to use different strategies, like repulse first, and use blast shot to break armor, and root to keep them still. i hope this helped you!
    Good idea... To bad it won't work... End game pvp mages are the strongest yet weakest players... Without mana shield they go splat with mana shield blast break stun kills them anyways... So quit crying... Do you see kanital crying? No you see him killing peope so SHUT UP AND QUIT YOUR WHINING
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Sryyoulose For This Useful Post: