Thread: Death Engine Armor vs. Ebon Armor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default Death Engine Armor vs. Ebon Armor

Hello! Just wanted to make a quick post outlining the differences between the lvl 71 and 76 arcane armor so that you can decide which one is better.

Note: I am comparing these based on my experience with the mage versions of these armors. This matters because the ebon armor for mage procs differently compared to the rogue and warrior versions of the armor. Those versions proc on receiving damage, while the mage version procs on dealing damage. Death Engine procs on dealing damage for all classes.

Death Engine Armor
    • 3X Armor
    • 3X Damage
    • +750 Health
    • +250 Health Regeneration (This regens around 10% to 12% of my health for duration of proc)
    • +100% Mana Ignore
    • Duration:4 Seconds
    • Cooldown: 20 Seconds

Ebon Glade Armor
    • 3X Armor
    • 3X Damage
    • +50% Haste
    • Duration:4 Seconds
    • Cooldown:28 Seconds

Summary
    • Same armor buff
    • Same damage buff
    • Same duration
    • Death Engine has faster cooldown
    • Death Engine procs on dealing damage, ebon procs on receiving damage(warrior and rogue version). Mage version of ebon procs on dealing damage.
    • Death Engine gives health, health regen, mana ignore
    • Ebon gives haste
    • Death engine has better stats (+2 Int, +2 Dex or Str, +1.46% Crit, +100 Health and Mana, +2.98 Damage, +7% Armor)

If you're wondering how I got the the values for armor and damage, I removed anything that would buff my armor and damage (pets, awakenings, passive skills). This is to get raw values.

I then used this formula to get the multiplier:
    multiplier = [(buff-base)/base] + 1

I also got the values for death engine armor from these posts:
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...pdate-(272330)
    https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...mp-Temple-2020

For cooldown and duration, I went into mogera lair with a flame forged staff.
    I recorded footage and plugged the footage into a video editing program to get the time. The fastest time is then taken for cooldown.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 06-15-2020 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Updated how i got cooldown and duration values

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kaziscate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

The dmg and the armor given from the ebon armor is 2.5x, since it was nerfed when the new lvl 76 arcane armor came.
    "Control is an illusion."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Some players said
    Arc Arms Lvl76 Duration 3secs
    CD 20secs
    Arc Arms Lvl71 Duation 5secs
    CD 30secs
    Can devs clarify? Havent seen a post about an updated info of proc bonus of Arc 71/76 Arms. Just got back in game March

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jemstroyer For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faotblack View Post
    The dmg and the armor given from the ebon armor is 2.5x, since it was nerfed when the new lvl 76 arcane armor came.
    I never saw any patch notes about any nerfs to ebon armor. If they nerfed it, devs would disclose that. I just did some more tests to make sure I got the numbers right and it seems unchanged. People probably get those values because they have awakenings, pets, or passive skills on.

Base Stats:

Stats w/ Ebon Proc:
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 06-07-2020 at 03:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziscate View Post
    I never saw any patch notes about any nerfs to ebon armor. If they nerfed it, devs would disclose that. I just did some more tests to make sure I got the numbers right:

Base Stats:

Stats w/ Ebon Proc:
    When i was using the ebon armor on my war, it was giving me 2.5x dmg. You are lvl 76 with these stats right?
    "Control is an illusion."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

When i was using the ebon armor on my war, it was giving me 2.5x dmg. You are lvl 76 with these stats right?
    Yes. I'm not familiar with ebon armor for warrior and rogue, just with mage. Also did you try testing without any awakenings, pets, or passive skills?
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 06-07-2020 at 04:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jemstroyer View Post
    Some players said
    Arc Arms Lvl76 Duration 3secs
    CD 20secs
    Arc Arms Lvl71 Duation 5secs
    CD 30secs
    Can devs clarify? Havent seen a post about an updated info of proc bonus of Arc 71/76 Arms. Just got back in game March
    The cooldown values I put is the time between after the proc expires, and right when the proc is activated again. I was looking at one of the posts I linked and it said that the cooldown for death engine is 20 seconds, so I'll update those values. I'll also do some further testing to make sure I got the times correct for duration.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

it was never changed and always give 3x armor and 3x dmg in pve, but doesn't stack (with pets/elixirs).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Death engine is 1M times better than ebon armor for rogue. And you forgot to mention the base stats are much better on death engine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyv.io View Post
    And you forgot to mention the base stats are much better on death engine.
    I included stats now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

tysm. its help so much to identify gears. but i have some questions :
    1. both gears said "doesn't stack" on proc (71/76) what tha mean, i mean stack with what, pet AA, or death engine weaps, or elixir?
    2. and also its a "mage-class" anyone have their datas for wars or rogs? coz i dont have both gears to identify on my own.

someone said "sunken(rog 76)'s proc is 2x better than ebon" anyone can help ? bcos its has so much gap on price and also ebon give additional attack speed

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Ebon hardly procs on rogue cause it procs on damage taken, and rogues have high dodge. While sunken procs on attack and procs often.
    Ebon is better for mage cause of the 50% haste and it procs on attack unlike rogues.
    Dosent stack with pet hapiness bonus or elix but it stacks with death engine procs

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Ebon dosent give speed it gives haste, which is fast reload of skills making you use more skill in shorter time.

And the difference in price for rogues sunken is about 4x the price of ebon i dont know for other classes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skolking View Post
    Ebon hardly procs on rogue cause it procs on damage taken, and rogues have high dodge. While sunken procs on attack and procs often.
    Ebon is better for mage cause of the 50% haste and it procs on attack unlike rogues.
    Dosent stack with pet hapiness bonus or elix but it stacks with death engine procs
    owh. got it tysm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Last I checked ebon armor proc does not have a cooldown. I've proc-ed ebon armor 2x in a row (a second proc immediately following the first).

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    Last I checked ebon armor proc does not have a cooldown. I've proc-ed ebon armor 2x in a row (a second proc immediately following the first).
    Ebon armor proc 2 steps (warr/rogue)
    1) chance on taking damage to get aura (appears under you on floor), you still dont get buffs. Aura is active for 3 seconds
    2) while your aura is active u need to take damage again, then it will give you buffs (and appears shield like cottonkill)
    Getting aura without buffs usually happens at bosses since rogue's dodge too high and bosses can't hit you 2nd time in 3 seconds

If you didnt take damage 2nd time, you will not get buffs, and armor can proc again without CD. But if u got buffs - you can't get them again without cd

19. The Following User Says Thank You to reyals For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reyals View Post
    1) chance on taking damage to get aura (appears under you on floor), you still dont get buffs. Aura is active for 3 seconds
    2) while your aura is active u need to take damage again, then it will give you buffs (and appears shield like cottonkill)
    Getting aura without buffs usually happens at bosses since rogue's dodge too high and bosses can't hit you 2nd time in 3 seconds

If you didnt take damage 2nd time, you will not get buffs, and armor can proc again without CD. But if u got buffs - you can't get them again without cd
    Not sure what you're trying to say but it's not that complicated. There is no cd for ebon.
    Last edited by Perceval; 06-15-2020 at 07:45 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reyals View Post

This is true also in mages, just it's weird just don't make any damage in the next 3 seconds after aura procs xd

Enviado desde mi ANE-LX3 mediante Tapatalk