Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leaderboard *Guild Reward Idea*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Default Leaderboard *Guild Reward Idea*

Some bright minds in Line chat had a great idea! Since there are no rewards for LB guilds. Figured we’d make one.

(Side Note: I will repost this in suggestions if it gets positive feedback)

(In Short!)
    Rewards:
    -The top 30 guilds should each get a badge(recruiters/officers/masters *only*)
    -Top 10 guilds: Keep your spot for 2 seasons and earn a Guildhall banner!
    -top 20 contributors as in anyone with over 32k aps receives a small version of the guildhall banner for themselves every 3 seasons in Top 10 guilds *permanent*

Requirements:
    -you have to have been in that guild for atleast half of the season which is like what? 45 days? Half of 3 months, 1.5 months...

-Be a recruiter/Officer/master to receive a badge.

*Badge lasts till end of the season*
    *Banner is permanent for both guildhall and player*
    *Receive new banner if you keep on keeping your spot every 2 seasons*
    (Same applies for player every 3 seasons)

(Full Extent)
    It’s so simple, here’s how it works!!!

(Line 1.)
    Requirements:

-STS needs to implement a day/hour timer similar to that of friends list “online xx days ago” except this one is different. It times you on how many days you’ve been in the guild.

Ex:
    “Soso has been with -insert guild name- for 36 days 4 hours”

How does ranking work? Simple!
    (Line 2.)
    Ex:

If you’ve been guild member for:

-30 days you get promoted to combatant

-75 days recruiter

-365 days officer

NOTE:
    -The 30 day-promoted to combatant and the 356 days-officer promotion is just an example.
    -It wouldn’t be part of the system. The master would still control your promotion.

(What I tried to get at. Was if you stay with the guild for a good amount of time. The master would see “hey you’ve been with us for xx days,” *promoted* and earn your rank that way)

(Line 3.)

Rewards:

Top 30*
    -Each guild member (Recruiter/Officer/Master) shall receive a badge
    (Line 3.1)
    (Members and combatants need to earn it by staying loyal to the guild *AKA Help guild=get promoted=reward down the line*)
    (Line 3.2)
    -If your guild has been top 10 for the past 2 seasons! Your guild gets a “Guild Banner” reward. Why 2 seasons? Because 180 days/6 months is a good amount of time to prove your guild is worthy enough for one.

(Line 4.)

Every 3 seasons, a special banner shall be givin to the top 20 contributors in the top 10 guilds. (Contributors as in those who have over 32k aps)
    (Line 4.1)
    *prove your loyalty to your guild and help those in need reach the extreme side of over 32k aps.

This would also make officers and masters more attentive to their guild.

(Line 5.)
    NOTE:
    -Once kicked from the guild your timer will reset (If you had 60 days in guild and get kicked and join back, your days will be 0)
    *Same rules apply if you leave the guild*

*Receive new banner if you keep on keeping your leaderboard spot every 2 seasons*
    *Receive new banner every 3 seasons for being top 20 contributor*

Let me know what you guys think.
    -Thoughts!
    -Comments!
    -Feedback!
    (Positive or negative are welcome!)

Q/A:

“why don’t members or combatants get a badge?”
    A: They need to earn it same way officers earn the masters trust. Refer to line 3.1)

“Why do we need to wait 2 whole seasons for a guildhall banner?”
    A: to prove your guild is worthy enough and stable enough to keep its place. Refer to line 3.2)

“Why do I need to wait 3 WHOLE SEASONS for a player guildhall banner?”
    A: Prove your loyalty to your guild! Refer to line 4.1)

“What happens if I leave the guild and join back? Will I still get a badge if I get promoted back to recruiter?
    A: Yes, but you’re timer will reset and it’s the masters choice to promote you or not.

“Why top 30 guilds and why not top 50 get a badge?”
    A: It is competition reward... and not a participation trophy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by THE GOLDEN KING; 06-08-2020 at 09:45 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    Some bright minds in Line chat had a great idea! Since there are no rewards for LB guilds. Figured we’d make one.

(Side Note: I will repost this in suggestions if it gets positive feedback)

(In Short!)
    Rewards:
    -The top 30 guilds should each get a badge(recruiters/officers/masters *only*)
    -Top 10 guilds: Keep your spot for 2 seasons and earn a Guildhall banner!
    -top 20 contributors as in anyone with over 32k aps receives a small version of the guildhall banner for themselves every 3 seasons in Top 10 guilds *permanent*

Requirements:
    -you have to have been in that guild for atleast half of the season which is like what? 45 days? Half of 3 months, 1.5 months...

-Be a recruiter/Officer/master to receive a badge.

*Receive new banner if you keep on keeping your spot every 2 seasons*

(Full Extent)
    It’s so simple, here’s how it works!!!

(Line 1.)
    Requirements:

-STS needs to implement a day/hour timer similar to that of friends list “online xx days ago” except this one is different. It times you on how many days you’ve been in the guild.

Ex:
    “Soso has been with for 36 days 4 hours”

How does ranking work? Simple!
    (Line 2.)
    Ex:

If you’ve been guild member for:

-30 days you get promoted to combatant

-75 days recruiter

-365 days officer

NOTE:
    -The 30 day-promoted to combatant and the 356 days-officer promotion is just an example.
    -It wouldn’t be part of the system. The master would still control your promotion.

(What I tried to get at. Was if you stay with the guild for a good amount of time. The master would see “hey you’ve been with us for xx days,” *promoted* and earn your rank that way)

(Line 3.)

Rewards:

Top 30*
    -Each guild member (Recruiter/Officer/Master) shall receive a badge
    (Line 3.1)
    (Members and combatants need to earn it by staying loyal to the guild *AKA Help guild=get promoted=reward down the line*)
    (Line 3.2)
    -If your guild has been top 10 for the past 2 seasons! Your guild gets a “Guild Banner” reward. Why 2 seasons? Because 180 days/6 months is a good amount of time to prove your guild is worthy enough for one.

(Line 4.)

Every 3 seasons, a special banner shall be givin to the top 20 contributors in the top 10 guilds. (Contributors as in those who have over 32k aps)
    (Line 4.1)
    *prove your loyalty to your guild and help those in need reach the extreme side of over 32k aps.

This would also make officers and masters more attentive to their guild.

(Line 5.)
    NOTE:
    -Once kicked from the guild your timer will reset (If you had 60 days in guild and get kicked and join back, your days will be 0)
    *Same rules apply if you leave the guild*

*Receive new banner if you keep on keeping your leaderboard spot every 2 seasons*
    *Receive new banner every 3 seasons for being top 20 contributor*

Let me know what you guys think.
    -Thoughts!
    -Comments!
    -Feedback!
    (Positive or negative are welcome!)

Q/A:

“why don’t members or combatants get a badge?”
    A: They need to earn it same way officers earn the masters trust. Refer to line 3.1)

“Why do we need to wait 2 whole seasons for a guildhall banner?”
    A: to prove your guild is worthy enough and stable enough to keep its place. Refer to line 3.2)

“Why do I need to wait 3 WHOLE SEASONS for a player guildhall banner?”
    A: Prove your loyalty to your guild! Refer to line 4.1)

“What happens if I leave the guild and join back? Will I still get a badge if I get promoted back to recruiter?
    A: Yes, but you’re timer will reset and it’s the masters choice to promote you or not.

“Why top 30 guilds and why not top 50 get a badge?”
    A: It is competition reward... and not a participation trophy...

What a long long long thread.

Sent fra min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syaxyy View Post
    What a long long long thread.

Sent fra min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
    That’s why I posted 2 sections...

“In short” -Main ideas

“Full extent”- Main ideas In best detail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I like it making lb more competitive

+1

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Interesting concept.

Although, correct me if I am wrong, but I think this sounds like it would only benefit guilds that already have a solid position in the leaderboard for a long time. Meaning, small guilds or new guilds don’t stand a chance at all. Furthermore, the idea has complicated rules and requirements. It might cause a lot of confusion or chaos imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    178 Posts

+1 Interesting idea. If it wouldn't take away to much time from Sts would like to see the Top 10 Guild Hall Banners have the initials of the Guild and number for the Season. Nothing to fancy or crazy but I think that would be cool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trolzerkeinstein View Post
    Interesting concept.

Although, correct me if I am wrong, but I think this sounds like it would only benefit guilds that already have a solid position in the leaderboard for a long time. Meaning, small guilds or new guilds don’t stand a chance at all. Furthermore, the idea has complicated rules and requirements. It might cause a lot of confusion or chaos imo.
    It only benefits those with “who’s got the bigger wallet”. leaderboard is always about competition, not everyone gets a participation trophy...

New or small guilds do stand a Chance, it only depends on how far you’re willing to go.

The idea doesn’t have rules... just requirements and rewards... if you are indeed confused, let me know on what parts. So I can help you best understand the idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

A guild banner that the top ranked players in the guild can use. It holds the guild name on top and achievements of the guild on the banner. Achievements about pve kills, pvp, flags, etc. If your guild has the most pve kills it has a crown on the pve kill badge. Other than that it’ll have 5mill pve badge, 10mill badge, etc. The rewards could be cool and I see no harm rather people playing more to get badges on the banners and for their to be a leaderboard in that guild, top players of that guild. 😳 top 25 or top 50 of the guild get the banner with badge achievements and guild name on banner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

A good idea to make guild lb more attractive Here are some topics to think about and constructive feedback.
    - Many players who are in the top20 of lb players already obtain a seasonal banner for other lbs, some even several.
    - I dont like the fact that you u have to be a certain position in guild. This gives the gm pressure and the force to decide who gets a banner and who doesnt. People maybe earn positions like officer who wouldnt be there if there was no such thing as banner. Privilege for highly tiered players.
    - The guild lb at this point is highly abusive bc categories count that were removed from players lb due makro farming/dummy farming.
    - start-up guilds have small chances bc the average lb player rather joins an existing guild to get lb banners. Same counts for players who have low aps. They migh not be able to join any lb guild anymore bc they drain their rank (Guilds prob increase requirements and stick to 200 members)
    - Hardcore players/alts arent welcome at all bc their stats count same as normal but are far harder to achieve. Should rework something here aswell, might buff their rating

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Sts should sign you

Sent from my TRT-L21A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

1. This kills all smaller guilds.
    2. People will beg for officer for a day just to get a banner. Maybe do a nuke after it.
    3. Guild master can be a kid who demotes someone just before banners are given out, because he can.
    4. You can have 32K APs and a negative PvE/PvP KDR and no flags in CTF, which means you’re making the guild rank worse.
    5. Way too many subjective rules and requirements. Would only bring chaos and drama.

I think Guild ranking is just fine for now. Guild ranks change weekly anyway, and I don’t think they’re related to seasons. By the way, guilds who have players with banners already get their name in a sort of ‘hall of fame’ in forums, so that’s good enough.

We still need a ‘blackboard’ for guilds to write the guild rules and other stuff though.
    Retired

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

I think guilds are a great place to socialize, help new players out, and just be with your friends. Incentivizing this would mean guilds will remove players who need help because them staying would reduce rank etc. maybe if the terms you put weren’t very competitive then it’s a great idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    A good idea to make guild lb more attractive Here are some topics to think about and constructive feedback.
    - Many players who are in the top20 of lb players already obtain a seasonal banner for other lbs, some even several.
    - I dont like the fact that you u have to be a certain position in guild. This gives the gm pressure and the force to decide who gets a banner and who doesnt. People maybe earn positions like officer who wouldnt be there if there was no such thing as banner. Privilege for highly tiered players.
    - The guild lb at this point is highly abusive bc categories count that were removed from players lb due makro farming/dummy farming.
    - start-up guilds have small chances bc the average lb player rather joins an existing guild to get lb banners. Same counts for players who have low aps. They migh not be able to join any lb guild anymore bc they drain their rank (Guilds prob increase requirements and stick to 200 members)
    - Hardcore players/alts arent welcome at all bc their stats count same as normal but are far harder to achieve. Should rework something here aswell, might buff their rating
    I agree, leaderboard isn’t a relatively a happy place I understand that. But there’s always going to be cheaters.

Also, the master doesn’t choose who receives a banner or not. The system does. Allow me to explain, it’s 20 guild members from each guild of top 10. So in total 200 players shall receive this banner reward after all 3 seasons is complete. The reward is based on how many players have over 32k aps. So if 20 players have over 38k aps, then those 20 players shall receive a banner after the third season.

It’s not based on what rank you are in the guild, it’s based on how many aps your character has. Hope this helps explain it a bit better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post

1. This kills all smaller guilds.
    2. People will beg for officer for a day just to get a banner. Maybe do a nuke after it.
    3. Guild master can be a kid who demotes someone just before banners are given out, because he can.
    4. You can have 32K APs and a negative PvE/PvP KDR and no flags in CTF, which means you’re making the guild rank worse.
    5. Way too many subjective rules and requirements. Would only bring chaos and drama.

I think Guild ranking is just fine for now. Guild ranks change weekly anyway, and I don’t think they’re related to seasons. By the way, guilds who have players with banners already get their name in a sort of ‘hall of fame’ in forums, so that’s good enough.

We still need a ‘blackboard’ for guilds to write the guild rules and other stuff though.
    1.) maybe...

2.) banner is based on your characters aps, not what rank your character is in guild...

3.) Be nice to the kid and maybe he won’t demote/kick you...

4.) Possibly, but not quite.

5.) There aren’t any rules... there are only a few requirements to receive said reward.

Sorry I got bored and made this thing, since I heard guild lb didn’t have a rewards. Besides “Advertising”, I appreciate the feedback though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Having a banner to display in gh with ur guild rank on it would be fine, further rewards would be too complicated and would bring problems between guildies.(the banner would always be displayed in gh in case guild master changes).

Imo the only thing that guilds really need atm is a blackboard where we can have the guild's rules and requirements(like fid said) and a black list for the ppl who's not welcomed to the guild such as scammer or toxic players.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flashio For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

If there is a reward system for the guild leaderboard then I believe rewards should be given on a guildwide basis, not an individual basis (Something like an altar that can be displayed within the guildhall or something along those lines). What I mean by this is that no individual player should benefit from this (I.E. No badges and banners for individual players). If there is then I firmly believe that it should ONLY go to the guildmaster. Giving rewards to specific people in a guild in and of itself undermines the idea of being in a guild since it focuses more on the individual player aspect as opposed to the guild itself as a whole. Banner's and Badges to individual specific players are both too complicated and sophisticated which will ultimately end up creating drama for those guild masters who decide to either promote everyone to officer rank or troll their members by demoting.

As of right now, this seems just like an easy way for people to grab badges and banners (I'm not against the idea of giving out badges and banners to players but I believe people should still need to put in the effort to get one).

Here's some food for thought:
    -Top 5 guilds every season get a different color title version of their guild's name
    -Top 5 guilds get an altar they can place in their guildhall (removed upon falling out of top 5).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Sounds all very complicated.

I think something like 'Guild aps' would be easier to understand. Basically a separate section of aps that reset every season.

These would include elite mobs, bosses etc. (Things that actually require time and commitment rather than gold)

Then the guilds with the most amount of aps gathered earn a place on LB, with the top 10 contributors from each of those guilds getting a reward.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

So all in favor of just the “Guildhall Banner”?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    ^ +1 >
    Quote Originally Posted by flashio View Post
    Imo the only thing that guilds really need atm is a blackboard where we can have the guild's rules and requirements(like fid said) and a black list for the ppl who's not welcomed to the guild such as scammer or toxic players.
    Well written (:
    Last edited by Avaree; 06-09-2020 at 12:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Nice concept, but imo the rewarding system shouldnt be in the hands of gms (this could lead to illegitimate businesses such as gold for rank)
    This has to be - if devs decide to take a dive with the idea - developed very carefully, people always find ways to abuse systems and i dont think this will be any different.
    The right way would be to maybe award a guild bound guild furniture that has no purpose but to be placed in the guildhall as a vanity.
    Once again, great idea, great concept, but should not be rushed