Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A friend in need

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    309 Posts

Default A friend in need

For those of you that know Baron (the GM of High Society) you might as well agree with me that he's probably the most kind and caring person that ever happened to play Arcane Legends.
    Barney was stuck in Thailand because of COVID-19 pandemic since nearly 2 months now and next week was supposed to be back in his home in UK but a very serious accident took place.
    He's been in a serious motorbike crash in Thailand and because of not being a native there he has to pay for his enormous hospital bill - regarding the bill he won't be provided any medicine, food or allow him to leave the country to go home if bill won't be covered.

Me and few of his friends are very concerned about his well-being as well as his ability to travel under such circumstances. Barney experienced brain bleed, has fractured eye socket and multiple lacerations on his body.

I'm not asking anyone to straight up donate but just raising awareness that such thing happened and MAYBE just maybe some people will throw that dollar or two to support a very kind and nice guy that really need help.

I'm also not sure if this is against Terms of Service but I will just leave the link to GoFundMe page currently ran by Barney's cousin.

Thank you everyone for reading,
    Stay safe wherever you are,

Kris aka Demon

[removed]

EDIT/UPDATE:
    Please keep unnecessary negative comments to yourself as Baron's family have access to the thread and right now all they need is just support, not toxicity and bad vibes.

Many thanks to everyone who have shown support so far no matter what form of it.

Update 11.06.2020

It turned out that Baron's injury is more serious than it was expected (spine is affected that could led him to lose the ability to walk).
    We have been informed that the operation could cost between 400-800,000 baht, which is roughly around 20.000 british pounds plus extra expenses at this new hospital.
    Barney's friend who is currently with him in Thailand is trying to contact the British Embassy because allegedly his travel insurance should've been renewed due to coronavirus pandemic. If Embassy could help with it every person that has donated will receive the refund.
    The more details are on the GoFundMe page.

Barney's aware of support and warm words people are leaving for him in here.
    Thank you everyone.

Update 29.06.2020

Baron will be back in UK on upcoming Friday (03.07.20) and just as he said will make a video for his channel explaining everything that have happened in past weeks.
    You might catch him online on and off on certain random times because he's just checking in to tell people that he's alright.
    Thank you everyone for support.
    Last edited by |Ares|; 06-29-2020 at 08:03 AM.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

2. The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Sad to hear that, hope he recovers soon

Sent from my TRT-LX2 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

He is a great guy I was wondering why he was never online, I'm truly upset that hes been in such a serious accident. I hope him & his family are doing ok during these times. I will contribute as much as I can, again I'm really sad to hear this...

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/marsu4u

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Sad to say i simply have no way to currently donate any money online, but i truly hope everything will be fine for him, you wouldnt wish these things upon your worst enemies.
    This should be a wake up call to people who wish others death over online arguments.
    My prayes go out to him and his family

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Very lucky he survived, it would be terrible to have another legend gone. Thousands of motorcycle accidents happen in third world countries. Almost all of them end.. fatally. Just very happy he is alive, hopefully he has a full recovery with no issues. Also any idea on the full bill; 3000 pounds is very cheap for a hospital bill.
    Last edited by Encryptions; 06-09-2020 at 01:56 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Firstly, as Encryptions said, very lucky he survived, and thankfully he did! I do not know him personally, but I hope he recovers asap!

I understand the thread, but one thing that I do not understand is that knowing there is a COVID-19 pandemic and yet decided to proceed the travel. Also, how come he must pay everything? He did not took a travel insurance before leaving? because normally insurances cover all costs, at least, as far as I know. Going to a far country knowing conditions there are way different than in the UK (no offense), I’d suggest to take a good insurance that covers up all costs, this avoids unexpected costs.

Besides that, again I hope he will get well soon, you wish that to no one.
    A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    309 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadPolice View Post
    Firstly, as Encryptions said, very lucky he survived, and thankfully he did! I do not know him personally, but I hope he recovers asap!

I understand the thread, but one thing that I do not understand is that knowing there is a COVID-19 pandemic and yet decided to proceed the travel. Also, how come he must pay everything? He did not took a travel insurance before leaving? because normally insurances cover all costs, at least, as far as I know. Going to a far country knowing conditions there are way different than in the UK (no offense), I’d suggest to take a good insurance that covers up all costs, this avoids unexpected costs.

Besides that, again I hope he will get well soon, you wish that to no one.

Travel insurance expired, he's been there already when pandemic emerged into larger numbers but wasn't as bad when he actually decided to travel there (March).
    Also going after the "I do not understand" is really not necessary right now.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    Travel insurance expired, he's been there already when pandemic emerged into larger numbers but wasn't as bad when he actually decided to travel there (March).
    Also going after the "I do not understand" is really not necessary right now.
    With all do respect, but aren’t your searching for it then?

Any ways, this discussion can come afterwards, the most important is his well-being. Hope he gets well very soon and be the old person again!.
    A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Congratulations! Hope he recovers very soon. I loved watching his streams. Hes so friendly and cool. Very sad to hear about this
    I hope i could donate too , but I don't earn
    Name:  Screenshot_20200610-041658.jpg
Views: 1595
Size:  61.9 KB

ʏᴏᴜᴛᴜʙᴇ- ᴘʀᴀʙꜱɪᴍᴀʀ ᴄʜʜᴀʙʀᴀ
    Last edited by Prabsimar Chhabra; 06-09-2020 at 05:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    117 Posts

Jeez man that sounds brutal. Hopefully he can recover ASAP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

What happens to the excess 1,400 British Pounds?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

we need to start a benevolence fund program for wayward legends . i would trust someone like Susan or Encryptions to run it .

in all my dealings with them i have found them both to be above reproach

The thin line between entertainment and war
    There'll be no shelter here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    For those of you that know Baron (the GM of High Society) you might as well agree with me that he's probably the most kind and caring person that ever happened to play Arcane Legends.
    Barney was stuck in Thailand because of COVID-19 pandemic since nearly 2 months now and next week was supposed to be back in his home in UK but a very serious accident took place.
    He's been in a serious motorbike crash in Thailand and because of not being a native there he has to pay for his enourmous hospital bill - regarding the bill he won't be provided any medicine, food or allow him to leave the country to go home if bill won't be covered.

Me and few of his friends are very concerned about his well-being as well as his ability to travel under such circumstances. Barney experienced brain bleed, has fractured eye socket and multiple lacerations on his body.

I'm not asking anyone to straight up donate but just raising awareness that such thing happened and MAYBE just maybe some people will throw that dollar or two to support a very kind and nice guy that really need help.

I'm also not sure if this is against Terms of Service but I will just leave the link to GoFundMe page currently ran by Barney's cousin.

Thank you everyone for reading,
    Stay safe wherever you are,

Kris aka Demon

https://www.gofundme.com/f/adem039s-...nt-in-thailand
    Oh no.. this is why I dont see him online for a while now. Getwell soon B

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    497 Posts

My heart goes out to him and his loved ones who must have felt much stress and uncertainty. If I’m not mistaken it seems the bill is covered now, & all that is left is the healing and lessons to be learned.
    looking forward to him coming back and giving us that familiar

1 <3
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

I'm a close friend of Baron and I was truly shocked to hear about the accident from his cousin on his Facebook page. It brought tears to my eyes because he is such a great guy and wonderful friend. He's one of the most friendly and happy people I know. He would give you the shirt off his own back. It is not uncommon to see him giving and helping people he does not know in game who may need help. I would like to think most everyone who knows him would say the same thing.

For those who are curious. I believe the gofundme goal is what they need right now to pay for his current medical expenses. He will require more treatment and has a long road of recovery ahead.

Also, as Demon said, at the time of his travel to Thailand, it wasn't even known Covid-19 would become so serious. His travel insurance expired after three weeks and he's been stuck there for more than 3 months since the world went into lockdown.
    Thank you for those of you who have donated to his cause and Thank you for those who have already sent get well wishes and prayers.

I will be sending a link to this thread to his cousin so when Baron is well enough she can share this with him.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leeelooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

I remember how Baron and Albdur helped me clear elite Inan a long time ago. We didnt talk much then or ever since after but if I remember that memory after years and years then I guess it means something to me. And, although I was taught to distrust and dislike Brits...I cant pretend to forget hands(thumbs would be more appropriate in this case) which have helped me. Past few months have been tough so I will return the favor with what I can afford.

That being said, Thailand has some of the better healtcare in Asia if not the world. So, Im hopeful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Even if I don't know him, but this made me sad. I can only imagine the pain he is going through. May God give him strength in this hard time and hope he recovers soon

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinklips For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Ofc really sad story and luckely he survived...

But what was this guy thinking, riding a bike in Thailand without insurance.. its asking for problems.
    Also this is a matter for family and relatives to help him out financially.. Making a fund and advertise it here is rlly wrong and shouldnt be allowed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I just put in a donation - hope he recovers. What horrible news to hear.

To those asking about the excess, a hospital bill is never stagnant. It will keep climbing until he checks out of the hospital. It is better to be in excess. At the end of the day, it's just money - his recovery should be what we should focus on.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I just put in a donation - hope he recovers. What horrible news to hear.

To those asking about the excess, a hospital bill is never stagnant. It will keep climbing until he checks out of the hospital. It is better to be in excess. At the end of the day, it's just money - his recovery should be what we should focus on.
    Good to see you again Zeus....

You are awesome for the donation.......

I hope you get through this Baron... Please do......

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Motherless_Child For This Useful Post: