Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A friend in need

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I don't know Baron personal, but It's very sad what happenend. My prayers goes to Baron and his family.

I can understand why some people think that this sort of post don't belong in general. But keep the negative thoughts to yourselfs please, yah.. you can argue if it belongs here or not. But a REAL persons life is hanging on the line here....

<3

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Draculex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How is the poor man now? Idk him but hope he gets better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    312 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Liselle View Post
    How is the poor man now? Idk him but hope he gets better.
    We're currently waiting for an update, if I get to know anything I will update the thread asap.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Just because someone is rich in a video game doesn't mean they spent tons of money irl on it. I know many people who have billions of gold yet spent 0$ on the game.
    Many people know Baron, and who cares even if no one knew him, still atleast help people, remember karma.
    AL is not cruel, easiest game I have ever played tbh. Life is only as cruel as you make it.
    You along with others think you guys are such bad azzes posting toxic and rude comments on peoples' posts when only it makes you guys look like snowballs. Wanna be a badass then treat people with respect, teach people things, don't go off looking for attention; let it come to you but not too much of it.

Baron is a great person, just don't get why so many toxic disrespectful comments.
    I might have an explanation why there are negative comments..

Me, myself do not know Baron, apart from that I think the reason of the thread is made is out of goodwill. But I think this should be a more personal thing, after reading this thread you feel kind of forced to donate, although you barely know the person. In my opinion this should’ve been kept among Baron’s friends, and not going abroad through whole AL, therefore I understand ppl’s reactions. Furthermore, I also think some ppl think it is his own mistake, knowing COVID-19 has been around the world since February, with following in March the shutdown of Europe, therefore it was known that people had a couple of weeks to return to their homecountry. Also the fact he went to do dangerous things in an unknown country, without an insurance, ppl might think it is kind of his own fault and that he hasn’t solved those kind of things (such as insurance) before he left the UK.

I guess these are possible reasons why some responded like this, I understand both of the parties.
    A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ThreadPolice For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MømøVęliåDęvīlükē61239 View Post
    Al rich people asking for donations , maybe use your cash you spend on AL to help your rich friend ,

Not ask random people to help some one we dont know,

Also life is cruel, Just like AL
    I assume your family members or friends never had an accident or a sickness and never needed big sums of money for treatment, so you can't relate and don't know the feeling. It's obvious you're an edgy kid, and the people who liked your post, "Slayerrrr" and "Shadow" also sound pretty edgy too, but I suggest you educate yourself and at least try to stay silent when rudeness is not needed.

Ask yourself, what are you trying to achieve with this post? Are you trying to stop others from donating? Or maybe just trying to show everyone that if something bad happens to you, then we shouldn't care and celebrate it instead?

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadPolice View Post
    I might have an explanation why there are negative comments..

Me, myself do not know Baron, apart from that I think the reason of the thread is made is out of goodwill. But I think this should be a more personal thing, after reading this thread you feel kind of forced to donate, although you barely know the person. In my opinion this should’ve been kept among Baron’s friends, and not going abroad through whole AL, therefore I understand ppl’s reactions. Furthermore, I also think some ppl think it is his own mistake, knowing COVID-19 has been around the world since February, with following in March the shutdown of Europe, therefore it was known that people had a couple of weeks to return to their homecountry. Also the fact he went to do dangerous things in an unknown country, without an insurance, ppl might think it is kind of his own fault and that he hasn’t solved those kind of things (such as insurance) before he left the UK.

I guess these are possible reasons why some responded like this, I understand both of the parties.
    You're definitely not forced to donate, and you're just assuming that he was doing dangerous things. He could've been simply going to buy something and hit by a car or something?

You can also read the details in the link and see the updates with information on why he doesn't have insurance. And if you followed the news, you might know that the UK put travel restrictions a few weeks after other countries, so there weren't any restrictions when he went there.
    Last edited by arcanefid; 06-13-2020 at 08:06 AM.
    Retired

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    520 Posts

Don't know if you can see this Baron but here goes.
    Sending you best wishes and a speedy recovery from the "Yarkshire" lass.
    Hope your family and friends get through to the Embassy and they get you the help you need.
    In the meantime, chin up get back home because pubs'll be opening soon and we don't want flat beer.
    What am I saying? Southern beer is always flat.
    Seriously, thinking of you fellow brit and all joking aside, we want you back home as soon as it's possible. Take care there. Kind regards to your family too. xx. 🙂.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadPolice View Post
    If you read the full text first instead of replying me with a nonsense reply targetting me, as I said: these might be possible reasons why some people respond like this..”. And, driving a motorcycle is dangerous in general any ways, no matter what you are doing or planning to do.

Any ways, let’s close this conversation by here. Let’s hope the best for the man
    I didn't mean to target you personally in any way though, but since you decided to speak for everyone else, then of course I replied to you.
    Retired

12. The Following User Says Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Man I was wondering where is Baron I usually used to spot him near valley or near festerfangs pvp arena.but its been a long time since I've seen him from then.2020 is a devastating year for all of us but this is very sad too.hope you get better brother God bless you and your family.

Love
    Goldshrimp

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Really sorry to hear about Baron, hope he recovers and comes through his ordeals safely and speedily.
    best wishes and prayers from CoF family .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Imagine Baron Seeing this whole thread after Recovering. It would be so heartbreaking to see the hate comments. So Haters back off

Sending Love from
    Recover soon Baron! Would love to see you Afk at maps or see your Livestreams

ʏᴏᴜᴛᴜʙᴇ- ᴘʀᴀʙꜱɪᴍᴀʀ ᴄʜʜᴀʙʀᴀ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MømøVęliåDęvīlükē61239 View Post
    Al rich people asking for donations , maybe use your cash you spend on AL to help your rich friend ,

Not ask random people to help some one we dont know,

Also life is cruel, Just like AL
    I'm pretty sure the person who created the thread, as well as those who helped spread it have put their money where their mouth is and donated. I'm not saying that YOU have to donate but just saying that his friends have supported him. Additionally, others have seen this thread and supported as well (as you can tell by donation history and the pot growing). So, not everybody has the same opinion as you. Your opinion is your opinion and your opinion alone; it is not the majority of people's opinion.
    Last edited by Zeus; 06-14-2020 at 05:55 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #52
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,905 Posts

Hey all! I’ve cleaned up a lot of the negativity here and I’m going to go ahead and remove the GoFundMe link. These things are always difficult to moderate because we recognize that the AL community is very much a family, and the forums are a place where we can connect and look out for each other. We LOVE this about this community and never want that to change.

All that being said, we do have to walk that line of making sure the rules are clear enough that everyone now and in the future uses this platform for this same good and positive support as well.

My thoughts and warmest wishes are with Baron and all of his friends and family. He’s been a force for good in Arlor as long as I can remember. We can’t wait to have him back and healthy. <3

I will leave this thread open for now so that the OP can share updates and, if they choose, open their PMs to anyone who wants to reach out with their support. Please keep it friendly here, okay?
    Last edited by Remiem; 06-15-2020 at 08:32 AM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

19. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    312 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey all! I’ve cleaned up a lot of the negativity here and I’m going to go ahead and remove the GoFundMe link. These things are always difficult to moderate because we recognize that the AL community is very much a family, and the forums are a place where we can connect and look out for each other. We LOVE this about this community and never want that to change.

All that being said, we do have to walk that line of making sure the rules are clear enough that everyone now and in the future uses this platform for this same good and positive support as well.

My thoughts and warmest wishes are with Baron and all of his friends and family. He’s been a force for good in Arlor as long as I can remember. We can’t wait to have him back and healthy. <3

I will leave this thread open for now so that the OP can share updates and, if they choose, open their PMs to anyone who wants to reach out with their support. Please keep it friendly here, okay?
    Thanks Remi,

If anyone's after the GoFundMe linke please dm me on forum or in game.
    Still waiting for updates.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    Thanks Remi,

If anyone's after the GoFundMe linke please dm me on forum or in game.
    Still waiting for updates.
    Please send me a link; I'll send another donation with my next paycheck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post

Wow, good to see you back, Remiem! When did you come back?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Sad to hear i met baron few times and he is indeed a nice guy, hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Baron is back?! I saw him commenting on forums. Its really good to hear this! You should update this Post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Default A friend in need

Quote Originally Posted by Prabsimar Chhabra View Post
    Baron is back?! I saw him commenting on forums. Its really good to hear this! You should update this Post

Yeah I seen this too, I even seen him yesterday in TDM Honor PvP. @ares maybe you could inform us?

I guess he got better? No offense but if he did, he recovered very quickly, as I am happy for him
    Last edited by ThreadPolice; 06-29-2020 at 04:39 AM.
    A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Thought I'd let yall know, Baron is doing really well tho still in recovery and in a back brace and he'll be flying out back to the UK by end of this week hopefully.
    meep meep

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaprisha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

dmn . sorry to hear abt u baron . hope u recover fast ..