Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A friend in need

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I’m sorry to hear that but I hope all is going well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Wow

I not only regret coming across this thread so late now but actually started shedding tears as well whilst reading through as well >.<

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but besides being overwhelmed and absolutely humbled by the amount of love and support people have shown from the donations to just even wishing me well and truly a the upmost of thank yous to everyone single person and my sincerest gratitude <3

After reading around seems there have been snippets of what happened to me over the last few months and I feel its only right I share the break down of it with everyone, sorry it might be a repeat for some as I have been able to catch up with friends since being able to log back into the game but be good to get it out there for anyone I've not had a chance to catch up to or anyone curious, etc,

So in March of 2020, I had a 3-week holiday/vacation booked to go to a remote island in Thailand, after being there for 1 week is when the pandemic really kicked off and everything went into lockdown and I was unable to leave to the island until the boat services reopened so I could get back to mainland Thailand and get to an airport. My travel insurance had expired and was near impossible to take up anymore whilst already stuck abroad and again the good old pandemic issue, Luckily enough being on a rather isolated part of Thailand on an island meant that there was thankfully 0 cases/deaths due to the virus which was fantastic... the only downside was also being unable to actually leave the island >.<

During my time there I had to continue paying my bills back at home along with bills for accommodation/food/visas/flights back which kept getting canceled etc which wasn't easy but managed to cope until June when we finally had a flight booked that didn't cancel! 3 days before I was due to leave the island I was stuck on I ended up crashing the motorbike I had hired whilst out there... Unfortunately, I have no memory of exactly how it happened as it was early hours of the morning and all I remember is driving 1 moment and then I've woken up in a hospital 3 days later in a pretty bad way unable to move most of my body including my legs at the time.

The break down of the injury I sustained was a burst fracture in my spine, fractures on my head and rib, legs pretty cut up, and it's not confirmed but possibly more fractures on one of my legs and my right shoulder.

I was only able to pay for an Xray on my spine at the time and awaiting a medical check-up now I'm in back in England which thankfully we have a fantastic free national health service (well paid for by the taxes I've already paid in the past so nothings ever really free lol >.< )

When I woke up in the hospital I actually had no idea about all the support that was going on in the background either at the time and I ended up staying in there for around a week. I was due to have back surgery however it got canceled and I was put into a body cast instead, this might have been due to sustaining the fractures on my head or if it was something I can slowly heal from I do not know mostly due to the break down in communication in the hospital partly due to the language barrier (unfortunately I hadn't learned anywhere near enough Thia to be able to understand much) So again once I've had a medical check-up that I'm still waiting here in England ill know more about that.

Unfortunately, also I had found out the place I had rented my motorbike from didn't actually have insurance on the bike when there should have been so I was unable to claim for anything there either, not sure what sort of impression people seem to have however but my real and only wealth is the love from friends and family with some friends id even class as a family.

I'm a 32-year-old who simply works as a manager of a rather large pub/hotel which I also live in, I live alone and away from family and have done for nearly 20 years. Just an average joe kind of guy who just makes a living and the money I have spent in this game is my own earnt "entertainment" spend... same as if someone was to go buy themselves a new game for their PlayStation or Xbox at the end of the month... Also next month it will be 7 years that I first started playing this game and fell in love ^.^ (so I've played a while and just accumulated stuff along the way so not some rich player by any stretch of the imagination lol)

So having that accident and having no insurance to be able to claim on and having spent most/all of my own money whilst stuck out there already the support and help that everyone contributed really made a massive world of difference and allowed me to get the medical care I needed at the time along with helping me actually fly back home as well! (A flight usually costs around 500gbp to fly back... because I needed medical assistance whilst flying and due to shortage of flights due to pandemic it had actually cost me around 2000gpb to fly back across 2 days of travel and 4 different flights >.<)

I made it back several weeks ago now and was isolated for few weeks because I had come from abroad and besides the bad back, I am as fit (even lost some weight lol) and healthy as I can be and again thank you to everyone and the only lord knows where I might be right now without it. I'm just slowly trying to recover and waiting for my medical check over still (which is all delayed due to current pandemic)

Sitting at my desk for long periods of time is still a little painful which is why I can't play quite as much, I'm still signed off from work due to injuries so have plenty of time but that is being spent mostly trying to recover still but I have been able to float back around in the game and forums again :3

I'm just sorry I've only come across this thread now but I am glad I did and thank you everyone again <3

PS...

I will be attaching some imagines/screenshots of like my medical report I got from Thailand so far if for any reason it isn't allowed feel free to remove (@ mods)

Thank You all again!!

1 <3 x 420!!
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Ps.

I’ve of course cut off the top with my personal details such as my full name and date of birth etc however the rest I don’t mind and there is probably only about a handful of people from our amazing I’d be happy to share those personal information if people really wanted a confirmation

1 <3
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I dont know you very well, I have ran and talked with you a few times briefly. I have also played since the beginning and love this game. I also have worked hard for all I got and remember when it seemed to take forever to make a million bucks lol. All the things you said reminded me of me except im old lol. I followed your story and saw you have many good friends in game. I do as well, some I even consider family. Many of us were praying for you and are glad your back. Its a blessing that you got to see this thread after time and all the love of your friends! Anyway I just wanted to say welcome back!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It seems he has very good frnds in the game i hope he will recover
    Ill be happy to meet him in game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Get well soon baron..

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk