Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A friend in need

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

Default A friend in need

For those of you that know Baron (the GM of High Society) you might as well agree with me that he's probably the most kind and caring person that ever happened to play Arcane Legends.
    Barney was stuck in Thailand because of COVID-19 pandemic since nearly 2 months now and next week was supposed to be back in his home in UK but a very serious accident took place.
    He's been in a serious motorbike crash in Thailand and because of not being a native there he has to pay for his enormous hospital bill - regarding the bill he won't be provided any medicine, food or allow him to leave the country to go home if bill won't be covered.

Me and few of his friends are very concerned about his well-being as well as his ability to travel under such circumstances. Barney experienced brain bleed, has fractured eye socket and multiple lacerations on his body.

I'm not asking anyone to straight up donate but just raising awareness that such thing happened and MAYBE just maybe some people will throw that dollar or two to support a very kind and nice guy that really need help.

I'm also not sure if this is against Terms of Service but I will just leave the link to GoFundMe page currently ran by Barney's cousin.

Thank you everyone for reading,
    Stay safe wherever you are,

Kris aka Demon

[removed]

EDIT/UPDATE:
    Please keep unnecessary negative comments to yourself as Baron's family have access to the thread and right now all they need is just support, not toxicity and bad vibes.

Many thanks to everyone who have shown support so far no matter what form of it.

Update 11.06.2020

It turned out that Baron's injury is more serious than it was expected (spine is affected that could led him to lose the ability to walk).
    We have been informed that the operation could cost between 400-800,000 baht, which is roughly around 20.000 british pounds plus extra expenses at this new hospital.
    Barney's friend who is currently with him in Thailand is trying to contact the British Embassy because allegedly his travel insurance should've been renewed due to coronavirus pandemic. If Embassy could help with it every person that has donated will receive the refund.
    The more details are on the GoFundMe page.

Barney's aware of support and warm words people are leaving for him in here.
    Thank you everyone.

Update 29.06.2020

Baron will be back in UK on upcoming Friday (03.07.20) and just as he said will make a video for his channel explaining everything that have happened in past weeks.
    You might catch him online on and off on certain random times because he's just checking in to tell people that he's alright.
    Thank you everyone for support.
    Last edited by |Ares|; 06-29-2020 at 08:03 AM.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

2. The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post: